Standard TD rules apply. For each question below, there are a number of choices. Choose one as your answer. Think Different is scored by the number of people who submit the same answer. It's best to be the only person who chooses a particular answer. The most common answer is called the sheep. You don't want to be a sheep. Incorrect answers get the sheep score plus five points. Low score wins. Bonus questions will allow you to reduce your score.
You may drop one question and sheep one question. (To sheep means to accept the highest score on a question without fear of giving an incorrect answer.) No research! Your answers must come from your head; not your reference library, search engine or your neighbor who writes for a quiz show. This TD closes TUESDAY, DECEMBER 4 at 9:00 AM EDT.
Submit your answers here
The wording on the submission form is for identification of the questions only. If there is any conflict between the submission form and this TD, this page prevails.
Finally, I would like to put a halt to people asking questions about the questions in the forum. Providing more clarification isn't fair to people who submit early. Please advise me privately if I have made some error in constructing the TD, but do not expect me to provide more information about the clues. If you're not sure something is a correct answer, don't use it. There must be some you're absolutely sure about.
ZABRISKIE POINT (1970)
One of Harrison Ford's first starring roles was set at Zabriskie Point, one of the iconic locations in Death Valley National Park (which then was still a national monument.) Identify one of these famous settings in the largest national park south of Alaska.
NOTE: For the two with signs, identify the missing word. For the one immediately above the first sign, identify the name of the vantage point.
STAR WARS (1977)
Harrison Ford will forever be remembered as Han Solo, mercenary who saved the day in "Star Wars," one of the most popular movies ever made. Given a star, identify its constellation. Choose from these: Aquila, Aurgia, Canis Major, Canis Minor, Cygnus, Gemini, Lyra, Orion, Scorpius, Taurus, Ursa Major. Name both the star and its constellation.
RAIDERS OF THE LOST ARK (1981)
Harrison Ford made his debut as Indiana Jones in "Raiders of the Lost Ark." Listen to this clip and name the song title and Indiana artist performing. (ARTIST AND TITLE REQUIRED)
Harrison Ford played a cop in witness. Solve one of these before and after wordplays involving police terms. You know the drill: Two parts of a clue overlap. Example: Current Supreme Court justice who wrote the Declaration of Independence: Clarence Thomas Jefferson.
- A call for applause that leads into the restraint device most commonly used by both police and bondage-oriented lovers
- Much-copied board game invented by Charles Darrow that some believe works as a lie detector
- Formerly the most popular police cruiser and the capital of Canada's westernmost province
- A first appearance before a judge, the Freshmaker
- A place where the police stick someone until they figure out what to do with her and a T-Mobile product
- What the police might read to an unruly crowd and a person who might calculate the life expectancy of the members of that crowd
- Start with a phrase Shakespeare used to mean extremely excited and finish with a device cops use to determine who's over the limit
- An old-fashioned version of a baton, where one might go for an all-inclusive Caribbean vacation
- Officer who acts as a receptionist at a police station and is first to make the calls on election night
- Two television series focused on the Honolulu police that suggest a man needs to shave more than just in the morning
PATRIOT GAMES (1992)
Ford played the first in the Jack Ryan trilogy, "Patriot Games," in 1992. The New England Patriots have been to the Super Bowl ten times. Identify one of their opponents along with the Super Bowl number. Example: Minnesota Vikings, Super Bowl X.
Harrison Ford and Julia Ormond reprised the roles played by Humphrey Bogart and Audrey Hepburn in a 1954 film of the same name. Sabrina is also famous as a teenage witch in Archie comics. Identify one of these characters from Archie comics.
BONUS. What actor better known as a late-night talk-show host played the Ford character's brother in the movie? (-1 point)
AIR FORCE ONE (1997)
In 1997, Americans got to fantasize about having Harrison Ford as president of the United States. Identify one of these presidents from his nickname.
- Big Daddy from the Pedernales
- Old Hickory
- The Great Communicator
- The Father of His Country
- The Donald
- The Rough-Rider
- The Sage of Monticello
- His Accidency
WHAT LIES BENEATH (2000)
Harrison Ford co-starred with Michelle Pfeiffer in the thriller "What Lies Beneath." For one of the places given below, name the place the lies due south of it. The answer seeks a geographic equivalent. (Baja California, not Mexico, is south of California.) Don't make this more complicated than it needs to be.
- Northern Territory
EXTRAORDINARY MEASURES (2010)
As in 1993's "The Fugitive," Ford plays a doctor. Name the medical specialist who deals with one of the following:
- digestive system
- ears, nose, and throat
- male genitals
- female genitals
Harrison Ford plays an important role in the story of Jackie Robinson becoming the first black major league ballplayer. Identify one among these real people who were portrayed in the movie.