J! All-Star Fantasy League

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

NoWhammies10
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Re: J! All-Star Fantasy League

Post by NoWhammies10 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:53 pm

I went with:
SpoilerShow
Brad, Ben, and Alex

jev15
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by jev15 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 5:26 pm

My picks:
SpoilerShow
Ken, Ben, and Matt

John Boy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by John Boy » Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm

xxaaaxx wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 pm
It would help immensely to know the matchups. Or the format, for that matter. Otherwise, not much reason to pick anything other than heavy chalk.
The format has not been made known? I thought it was just me not paying attention. I have no idea how this thing is going to work. It mostly just strikes me as TPTB tinkering with what needn't be tinkered with.

xxaaaxx
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by xxaaaxx » Fri Dec 14, 2018 1:27 pm

John Boy wrote:
Fri Dec 14, 2018 12:59 pm
xxaaaxx wrote:
Tue Dec 04, 2018 12:43 pm
It would help immensely to know the matchups. Or the format, for that matter. Otherwise, not much reason to pick anything other than heavy chalk.
The format has not been made known? I thought it was just me not paying attention. I have no idea how this thing is going to work. It mostly just strikes me as TPTB tinkering with what needn't be tinkered with.
AFAIK, all we have is the initial description:
Teams will return to Los Angeles in January 2019 to compete against each other head-to-head. Each three-person team will designate one player to play the Jeopardy! round, one to play Double Jeopardy! and one to play Final Jeopardy! Teams will be eliminated based on point totals, with the top three teams competing for a $1 million prize in a two-day final.
How will six teams combine to play eight preliminary games before the two-day final? Will there be any eliminations after the first week, or at any point before the finals? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I mean ffs the scoring for this fantasy league nonsense is based on correct answers during the J!/DJ rounds or 10pts for FJ, but we don't even know the matchups or which players are playing which rounds!!! Plus I'm guessing they can switch roles from game-to-game; if they can't, this woud be useful to know as well.