Wednesday, January 9, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Wednesday, January 9, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:07 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 11:26 pm
Volante wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:39 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 4:04 pm The dish also came with a serving of a white condiment that I soon discovered was not mayonnaise. And that was the first and only time I've had horseradish. Lesson learned and not forgotten.
Have you had wasabi since?
Yes, once. It was a staff lunch (perhaps 10 or so years ago) at Benihana and my non-adventurous eating habits were well-known by my co-workers. I took a taste (a very tiny taste) off a spoon and made the appropriate face as even mustard or ketchup are more flavor than I care for on foods. Everyone got a laugh out of it and fortunately no one had their phones on video mode.
Ahh, then you've had horseradish twice! Cause that's really all mass market wasabi is. :D
Ha, good to learn and know. I feel like my witness testimony was impeached on cross examination.
buckeyebrain
Valued Contributor

Post by buckeyebrain »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Wed Jan 09, 2019 10:55 pm ABC Sacramento screwed up and showed tomorrow's main game tonight. They switched back to today's Final.
Yep. I generally DVR because of my busy lifestyle and said "Wait a minute..." when I realized that the Final had three players still in it and the champ in a different outfit, so had to scurry here to find out what happened.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

opusthepenguin wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:34 am
Rackme32 wrote: Thu Jan 10, 2019 12:21 am Also have never watched or had HBO or watched a network or syndicated rerun of an HBO show.
Not even The Wire?
Nope.. I don't I've even heard of that one.