Thursday, January 10, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

JayK33
Just a Fan

Re: Thursday, January 10, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by JayK33 » Sun Jan 13, 2019 10:43 pm

I just took it as a humorous guess that combined their names is all.

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! » Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:02 pm

RJRouge wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm
Can anybody explain why the incorrect response of "Bey-Z" has gone viral on Twitter? Between not listening to bad music and the multitude of cutesy celebrity couple portmanteaux, that was certainly my first instinct. I wouldn't have buzzed in, but still.
Because people like to gloat when they know a Jeopardy! answer that a "brainiac" on the show missed. I don't think there's much more to it than that.

morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by morbeedo » Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:57 pm

This Is Kirk! wrote:
Tue Jan 15, 2019 3:02 pm
RJRouge wrote:
Sat Jan 12, 2019 10:02 pm
Can anybody explain why the incorrect response of "Bey-Z" has gone viral on Twitter? Between not listening to bad music and the multitude of cutesy celebrity couple portmanteaux, that was certainly my first instinct. I wouldn't have buzzed in, but still.
Because people like to gloat when they know a Jeopardy! answer that a "brainiac" on the show missed. I don't think there's much more to it than that.
Late to the party, but I mean, even *I* got The Carters. Missed the social media blowup, but I did appreciate her WAG

Count one more 40-something who's never heard of Fibber McGee and Molly

It's embarrassing enough to play your way out of FJ, but getting a Trebek beat-down on top of it makes the hurt sooo much worse. That's what you get for contradicting AT in your interview, I guess

My cousin's husband was a UFC fighter and he's never heard of this guy. Dunno why, but I just assumed they all knew each other ;)

And this?? WTF people?

At least they uncovered all the clues, even if they missed The Mousetrap and the Metcalf / Albee clue. Metcalf won a consecutive Tony for Three Tall Women and the play won a Pulitzer in 1994, so this is fair game IMO. Read The Mousetrap recently, found it kind of boring but I could see it coming alive on stage

CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance » Thu Jan 24, 2019 6:53 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:57 pm

My cousin's husband was a UFC fighter and he's never heard of this guy. Dunno why, but I just assumed they all knew each other ;)
he was on the ultimate fighter...would be like asking an american idol alum if they have heard of so and so...so many of them and only a handful went on to success...same with fighting....ultimate fighter is pretty much the american idol of the fighting world

DBear
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by DBear » Thu Jan 24, 2019 8:36 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Thu Jan 24, 2019 12:57 pm

And this?? WTF people?

Seems legit. I live for the day when Hollywood categories are stand-and-stares. :geek: