$100,000 Pyramid casting call

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

$100,000 Pyramid casting call

Post by pinkfreud »

I just became aware that this show is still around. I haven't watched it since pre-inflation days when it was The $10,000 Pyramid.

I received this in an email today:

The $100,000 Pyramid is currently casting nationwide for season 4!
And the show's producers are looking for smart, dynamic, and energetic people with a competitive drive and a love for word association games.
On the show, contestants team up with celebrities and put their skills to the test for a chance to win big money and prizes. Those interested in applying for a spot should do so by Feb. 20 by clicking below.
https://www.castingpyramid.com
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: $100,000 Pyramid casting call

Post by triviawayne »

auditioned yesterday
Total game show career losings = $171,522
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:26 pm auditioned yesterday
In NYC? I just clicked through and noticed the Open Call dates for NYC
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 12:49 pm
yeah, i was in and out early, got home around 1145. otherwise, i would've let you know I was in town.

Of course, when I got ripped off at the parking garage because there is apparently a 4-hour minimum stay to get the discounted rate, I would've gladly killed another hour of time just to save $30.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:45 pm
yeah, i was in and out early, got home around 1145. otherwise, i would've let you know I was in town.

Of course, when I got ripped off at the parking garage because there is apparently a 4-hour minimum stay to get the discounted rate, I would've gladly killed another hour of time just to save $30.
Oooh, I hope you get it! I've always loved this game

My cousin has been talking about making an audition video for weeks. I just sent her the details on the open call, but she doesn't like what she's wearing today so she's not going. Told her she can always try out next year. Or never. SMH
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance »

morbeedo wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:52 pm
triviawayne wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:45 pm

Oooh, I hope you get it! I've always loved this game

My cousin has been talking about making an audition video for weeks. I just sent her the details on the open call, but she doesn't like what she's wearing today so she's not going. Told her she can always try out next year. Or never. SMH
why didn't she hit up a store and buy something new? btw...if she didn't like what she is wearing why did she buy it and why does she continue to wear it?
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I filmed a video a couple weeks ago but didn't hear back. If this cold didn't have me sounding like Leonard Cohen on a bad day, I'd shoot another one right now.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

CasketRomance wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 pmwhy didn't she hit up a store and buy something new? btw...if she didn't like what she is wearing why did she buy it and why does she continue to wear it?
All good questions! A friend of mine tried out for Millionaire a few years ago but didn’t make it, presumably since he made a joking reference to crystal meth in his interview. I told him to try out again and he said, “I don’t want to be on a quiz show though.” So go figure!
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 11:13 am
CasketRomance wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 10:34 pmwhy didn't she hit up a store and buy something new? btw...if she didn't like what she is wearing why did she buy it and why does she continue to wear it?
All good questions! A friend of mine tried out for Millionaire a few years ago but didn’t make it, presumably since he made a joking reference to crystal meth in his interview. I told him to try out again and he said, “I don’t want to be on a quiz show though.” So go figure!
Also could’ve gone anyway and said sorry about my clothes, but I just found out about this and came right over. I have some pictures of me I can show you wearing nicer things.

ETA: you only miss 100% of the shots you don’t take
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

i tried out for millionaire the other year as well...told them my life goal was to move to another country, play online poker and bang hookers...was shocked when i didnt get the call back
heppm01

Post by heppm01 »

CasketRomance wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 5:21 pm
i tried out for millionaire the other year as well...told them my life goal was to move to another country, play online poker and bang hookers...was shocked when i didnt get the call back
You might have better luck trying for The Joker's Wild, hosted by Snoop Dogg.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

I’ve never fully understood the rules for the winner’s circle on pyramid. This player was trying to get Rita Moreno to say “things you dunk”, so she said “a biscuit”, “a dry biscuit”. Could she have said “a cookie in a glass of milk”? It’s funny how the regular rounds are a free-for-all but when you get to the winner’s circle, they strap you in and practically ballgag you.

Also, it seems like whenever I’ve watched, the same player gets to the winner’s circle both times. Not fair!
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 7:00 pm I’ve never fully understood the rules for the winner’s circle on pyramid. This player was trying to get Rita Moreno to say “things you dunk”, so she said “a biscuit”, “a dry biscuit”. Could she have said “a cookie in a glass of milk”? It’s funny how the regular rounds are a free-for-all but when you get to the winner’s circle, they strap you in and practically ballgag you.

Also, it seems like whenever I’ve watched, the same player gets to the winner’s circle both times. Not fair!
One rule they have stated at times over the years is "no prepositional phrases", so "a donut, a cookie, an oreo, a basketball" are all fine but "donut in a glass of milk" is a no-no. I don't think they always enforce this consistently as occasionally people will use phrases like that and get away with it. Often you can turn the prepositional phrase into an adjective and it is fine, for example "a walk in the woods" is no good but "a woods walk" is allowed.
pinkfreud
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by pinkfreud »

heppm01 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:11 am You might have better luck trying for The Joker's Wild, hosted by Snoop Dogg.
I didn't know that this one had been revived. They should've changed the show's name to The Smoker's Wild.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

pinkfreud wrote: Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:36 pm
heppm01 wrote: Sun Feb 17, 2019 9:11 am You might have better luck trying for The Joker's Wild, hosted by Snoop Dogg.
I didn't know that this one had been revived. They should've changed the show's name to The Smoker's Wild.
The revival got an earlier mention on this board: viewtopic.php?f=1&t=4478&p=281574