Tuesday, March 12, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Re: Tuesday, March 12, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by trainman »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 9:53 pm For whatever reason, baseball stories used to refer to Dodger Stadium or the home of the Dodgers as "Chavez Ravine".
When the Angels played there from 1962 to 1965 (before Anaheim Stadium/Angel Stadium opened in 1966), they specifically referred to it as "Chavez Ravine."

If you don't know the full sad story of Chavez Ravine -- the neighborhood, not the stadium -- get educated.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Surprised the players missed Allison Janney and Susan Sarandon. They shoulda entered my Academy Awards TD :lol:

For Final, I immediately got 'The _____ Line' but could only come up with Marzipan

Impressive DD get by Barton with George Sand. The last time I remember her coming up, it was another DD and someone named Lani missed it

I am HORRIBLE with dates, but 1620 is stuck in my head from a list we had to memorize in AP History
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

twelvefootboy wrote: Tue Mar 12, 2019 10:12 pm (you youngsters look that up in your Funk and Wagnall).
While we're piling on: it's Funk and Wagnalls
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

CIA Factbook - I would have responded “HIV” instead of “AIDS”. I get that people conflate HIV/AIDS, but it was still jarring to hear Elaine say “What is AIDS?” and then Alex say “AIDS is right!” -when in actual fact(book) the 7.2 million (!!!) HIV-infected people living in South Africa don’t all have AIDS

Euphonium

Post by Euphonium »

Ugh. I said "Siegfried Line," conveniently forgetting the geographical constraint.