Question Readers Sought for Quiz Tournaments

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

davidmadden050619
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Question Readers Sought for Quiz Tournaments

Post by davidmadden050619 » Thu Mar 14, 2019 4:53 am

Hi All,

Not sure if this is kosher / germane, but figured I'd throw it out there, since quite a few J! contestants have been helping us out over the past month and having fun with this. Anyway, as some of you may know, post-J! I set up a series of academic competitions, beginning with the National History Bee and Bowl and now including over a dozen different competitions under the International Academic Competitions heading - see www.iacompetitions.com

This academic year, we are debuting a new series of buzzer-based middle school and elementary school level competitions for our National History Bee (www.nationalhistorybee.com), US Academic Bee (www.usacademicbowl.com) and National Science Bee (www.nationalsciencebee.com) competitions which thousands of students have signed up to compete in. This is both great to see (these are tomorrow's J! champions!) and a major undertaking for which we are actively looking for staff to make this tournaments happen. Staff mostly are needed to read questions to competing students, though some may do more in the way of scorekeeping. The rules themselves are quite simple, and as long as you can clearly read questions off a page and follow some basic gameplay instructions, no prior experience is necessary.

A full list of competition dates and sites is posted here (about 1/3 of these have taken place so far): https://nationalhistorybee.com/regional ... als-sites/ - a sample schedule of a typical event is found here (this is for this Saturday's tournament in Central New Jersey which I am directing - https://www.usacademicbowl.com/events/n ... ity-south/

For each event you staff, we would pay you $50 to read for the morning History Bee, $25 for the early afternoon Academic Bee, and $50 for the late afternoon Science Bee (or History Bee - some sites have 2 History Bee sessions), or $125 for the full day. If you are potentially interested (and in particular, if you are in the Mid-Atlantic / NYC area and might be able to help out at our event on Saturday), please send me an email at david@iacompetitions.com and I will get back to you right away. Thanks, and hope this might be of interest to some folks!

triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In

Re: Question Readers Sought for Quiz Tournaments

Post by triviawayne » Thu Mar 14, 2019 8:40 am

If only these were in summer when my local trivia night goes to Thursdays instead of Saturdays...
Total game show career losings = $171,522

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Question Readers Sought for Quiz Tournaments

Post by alietr » Thu Mar 14, 2019 9:10 am

You're always welcome to post here, David, especially for something this worthwhile.