TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Center Point, IA

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q10-Q12 revealed)

Post by clt013 » Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:57 am

econgator wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:46 am
clt013 wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:44 am
10. Tin/Aluminum (10th) - The element of Aluminum has the symbol Al - which is also the postal abbreviation for Alabama. Name one of these other elements that shares its symbol with a state's postal abbreviation.

Pa [Protractnium]
Protactinium ;)
Thanks - I had it correct on the spreadsheet and then messed it up when posting.
Wouldn't have been surprised to mis-type a few more of those elements.

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by morbeedo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by CasketRomance » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:35 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway
not over yet...still bonus to go

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by morbeedo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:35 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway
not over yet...still bonus to go
no penalty for wrong bonus answers!

you never answered my question, bro

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by CasketRomance » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:47 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:35 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway
not over yet...still bonus to go
no penalty for wrong bonus answers!

you never answered my question, bro
i know no penalty...but you are 3 back...i am not getting 100 percent of the bonus points


what question is that?

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by morbeedo » Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:58 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 pm
what question is that?
Who is CasketRomance? I didn't see you in the "Introduce yourself here" thread

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by CasketRomance » Fri Mar 29, 2019 9:07 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:58 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:56 pm
what question is that?
Who is CasketRomance? I didn't see you in the "Introduce yourself here" thread
okay...the answer is...a mystery

clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Center Point, IA

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by clt013 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:22 am

13. BONUS ROUND - Give up to 6 answers from one of the two categories (-1 for correct, 0 for sheep)

There were two entrants who selected neither option, while the remaining thirty were split evenly between the two choices…

A. My wife and I went to Bermuda for our honeymoon - via a non-stop flight from Baltimore. That route no longer exists, but name up to six cities (of the 10 according to Wiki) that currently have non-stop flights to the island. You may also give the airport code for Bermuda as one of the six responses.

Used "Airlines and destinations" from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/L.F._Wade ... al_Airport for correct answers

BDA (Bermuda airport code) = -1 (1 response)
floridagator

London = -1 (2 responses)
MattKnowles
9021amyers

Newark = -1 (3 responses)
econgator
immaf
morbeedo

Toronto = -1 (3 responses)
mennoknight
jgamer
9021amyers

Philadelphia = -1 (4 responses)
jgamer
xxaaaxx
immaf
morbeedo

Charlotte = -1 (5 responses)
floridagator
econgator
immaf
RJRouge
morbeedo

Washington, DC = -1 (5 responses)
floridagator
clprez
xxaaaxx
MattKnowles
RJRouge

Boston = -1 (10 responses)
floridagator
clprez
jgamer
econgator
xxaaaxx
AmericanIdiot
immaf
MattKnowles
RJRouge
9021amyers

Miami = -1 (11 responses)
gamawire
mennoknight
clprez
jgamer
econgator
xxaaaxx
MattKnowles
RJRouge
heppm01
9021amyers
Peachbox

New York = -1 (13 responses)
gamawire
floridagator
mennoknight
clprez
jgamer
econgator
xxaaaxx
AmericanIdiot
MattKnowles
RJRouge
morbeedo
heppm01
9021amyers

Atlanta [SHEEP] = 0 (15 responses)
gamawire
floridagator
mennoknight
clprez
jgamer
econgator
xxaaaxx
AmericanIdiot
immaf
MattKnowles
RJRouge
morbeedo
heppm01
9021amyers
Peachbox

INCORRECT ANSWERS = 0
Baltimore (immaf)
Chicago (gamawire, mennoknight, clprez, heppm01)
Dallas (heppm01)
Detroit (heppm01)
Dulles (morbeedo)
Houston (gamawire, Peachbox)
Jacksonville (Peachbox)
Los Angeles (gamawire)
Montreal (mennoknight)
New Orleans (Peachbox)
Orlando (Peachbox)

TOTAL BONUS FOR THOSE CHOOSING CATEGORY A
Peachbox = -1
gamawire = -2
AmericanIdiot = -2
heppm01 = -2
mennoknight = -3
clprez = -4
immaf = -4
morbeedo = -4
floridagator = -5
jgamer = -5
econgator = -5
xxaaaxx = -5
MattKnowles = -5
RJRouge = -5
9021amyers = -5

B. David Carr (#1 overall pick in the 2002 NFL Draft) had his wedding the same day as ours. Name up to six quarterbacks that have been selected #1 overall since Houston chose Carr.

Carson Palmer (2003) = -1 (3 responses)
Chexmix
Ironhorse
SenseiCAY

Jameis Winston (2015) = -1 (4 responses)
Chexmix
merica
psgola
AgentSeto

Alex Smith (2005) = -1 (5 responses)
spell4yr
bmwhitehead
Ironhorse
merica
classicroadster

Andrew Luck (2012) = -1 (5 responses)
MarkBarrett
bmwhitehead
classicroadster
Trinkal
AgentSeto

Matthew Stafford (2009) = -1 (6 responses)
bmwhitehead
Ironhorse
SenseiCAY
psgola
badgerfellow
Trinkal

Sam Bradford (2010) = -1 (6 responses)
spell4yr
casketromance
threearruda
Ironhorse
merica
badgerfellow

JaMarcus Russell (2007) = -1 (8 responses)
spell4yr
threearruda
MarkBarrett
Chexmix
bmwhitehead
SenseiCAY
classicroadster
psgola

Jared Goff (2016) = -1 (8 responses)
casketromance
threearruda
MarkBarrett
twelvefootboy
Ironhorse
merica
Trinkal
AgentSeto

Eli Manning (2004) = -1 (9 responses)
spell4yr
threearruda
MarkBarrett
bmwhitehead
Ironhorse
merica
classicroadster
psgola
AgentSeto

Cam Newton (2011) = -1 (10 responses)
spell4yr
casketromance
threearruda
MarkBarrett
Chexmix
SenseiCAY
merica
badgerfellow
Trinkal
AgentSeto

Baker Mayfield (2018) [SHEEP] = 0 (11 responses)
spell4yr
casketromance
threearruda
MarkBarrett
twelvefootboy
Chexmix
bmwhitehead
classicroadster
psgola
badgerfellow
AgentSeto

INCORRECT ANSWERS = 0
Drew Brees [#32 2001] (twelvefootboy, SenseiCAY)
Matt Leinart [#10 2006] (casketromance)
Peyton Manning [#1 1998] (twelvefootboy)
Marcus Mariota [#2 2015] (SenseiCAY)
Josh Rosen [#10 2018] (twelvefootboy)
Carson Wentz [#2 2016] (casketromance, classicroadster)
Vince Young [#3 2006] (Chexmix)
RGB2 (twelvefootboy)

TOTAL BONUS FOR THOSE CHOOSING CATEGORY B
twelvefootboy = -1
casketromance = -3
badgerfellow = -3
Chexmix = -4
SenseiCAY = -4
classicroadster = -4
psgola = -4
Trinkal = -4
spell4yr = -5
threearruda = -5
MarkBarrett = -5
bmwhitehead = -5
AgentSeto = -5
Ironhorse = -6
merica = -6

FINAL STANDINGS
32. Peachbox - 65
31. Troydozzy - 62
29. mennoknight - 55
29. immaf - 55
28. SenseiCAY - 52
27. Rackme32 - 51
26. heppm01 - 50
25. psgola - 48
23. badgerfellow - 47
23. Chexmix - 47
22. clprez - 46
21. bmwhitehead - 45
20. Ironhorse - 42
18. morbeedo - 41
18. spell4yr - 41
16. AmericanIdiot - 40
16. MarkBarrett - 40
14. econgator - 38
14. merica - 38
9. gamawire - 37
9. casketromance - 37
9. classicroadster - 37
9. Trinkal - 37
9. AgentSeto - 37
7. RJRouge - 36
7. MattKnowles - 36
6. twelvefootboy - 35
4. floridagator - 34
4. xxaaaxx - 34

On the podium…
3. jgamer - 31
2. threearruda - 28

And the champion…
1. 9021amyers - 24

Thanks to everyone for playing!
Last edited by clt013 on Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by morbeedo » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:43 am

Hats off to our esteemed TD host!

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:13 pm

you have me at -5 for the bonus...i submitted 4 correct answers with 1 of them being the sheep...should be -3 for the bonus

clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant
Posts: 575
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Center Point, IA

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by clt013 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:44 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:13 pm
you have me at -5 for the bonus...i submitted 4 correct answers with 1 of them being the sheep...should be -3 for the bonus
Total points (37 = 40 after Q12 + bonus of -3) for you were correct - I just entered the wrong number for you under "Total Bonus for Option B".

9021amyers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1478
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2015 12:22 am
Location: Atlanta

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by 9021amyers » Sat Mar 30, 2019 6:46 pm

I always put up my best TDs after I skip one.

Thanks for a great game!

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:53 pm

clt013 wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:44 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 5:13 pm
you have me at -5 for the bonus...i submitted 4 correct answers with 1 of them being the sheep...should be -3 for the bonus
Total points (37 = 40 after Q12 + bonus of -3) for you were correct - I just entered the wrong number for you under "Total Bonus for Option B".
ah i see...didn't realise that

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:54 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway
you were right

clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 794
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Final results)

Post by clprez » Sat Mar 30, 2019 9:06 pm

Thanks, clt. I always enjoy your TDs.

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2404
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by morbeedo » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:15 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:54 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway
you were right
Image

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2449
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 415 - Anniversary Edition (Q1-Q6 revealed)

Post by CasketRomance » Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:22 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Mon Apr 01, 2019 3:15 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Mar 30, 2019 7:54 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Fri Mar 29, 2019 8:34 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 4:15 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Wed Mar 27, 2019 11:55 am
@casketromance - no wrong answers yet, bro
i am sure you won't disappoint and there will be one
No wrong answers, bro, but you beat me anyway
you were right
Image
what is with this bro crap? do you even lift, dude?

Post Reply