reddit jeopardy done?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In

Re: reddit jeopardy done?

Post by triviawayne » Mon Apr 08, 2019 7:08 am

hbomb1947 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:45 pm
triviawayne wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:05 am
With the CBS All access, I can now see the show!

Now I'm wondering if there is a way I could record it. Even if I have to turn it on while I'm at home.

Sometimes I'm just busy with other things, but would be able to get my computer on and have the live TV going, but would like to record it to watch the next day.

I have Windows 10.

Anyone know of a way?
Through some quick googling, I found these, one or more of which may do what you need (and some of them are free):

https://en.softonic.com/solutions/what- ... ulu-videos

Disclaimer: I don't know whether recording with such software would be within the CBS All Access terms of service.
Some were free, some were free trials, and some haven't been updated since Windows Vista...

But one on the list called Bandicam seems to be a good one. I downloaded it last night and will try it for a full show tonight.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo

Post by morbeedo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:29 pm

I'm catching up on episodes from the front half of season 35, when I stopped watching the show temporarily for reasons I won't revisit

My stupid DVR does this annoying thing - after I watch an episode, I press delete but sometimes the selection frame jumps to the next recording right before I hit the button, and I end up deleting an unwatched episode. This just happened to Oct 4th and I'm not happy about it! Went straight to Reddit and discovered that all the links are gone for past recaps. Oh well! I'll have to play this one on the archive :(

Le Master
Valued Contributor

Post by Le Master » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:36 pm

It's pretty easy to d/l online if you know how to use Google. Even though I get Jeopardy! on tv and record it, I still end up downloading online nearly every day since I can watch it before it airs here - plus commercials are cut out. Just search: jeopardy 2019 04 11 720p HDTV x264 but change the date accordingly each day and limit your search to last 24 hours.

morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo

Post by morbeedo » Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:38 pm

Le Master wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:36 pm
It's pretty easy to d/l online if you know how to use Google. Even though I get Jeopardy! on tv and record it, I still end up downloading online nearly every day since I can watch it before it airs here - plus commercials are cut out. Just search: jeopardy 2019 04 11 720p HDTV x264 but change the date accordingly each day and limit your search to last 24 hours.
Yeah, I found one link to the episode but got a "page does not exist" error message. But thanks anyway
!

triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In

Post by triviawayne » Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am

morbeedo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:29 pm
I'm catching up on episodes from the front half of season 35, when I stopped watching the show temporarily for reasons I won't revisit

My stupid DVR does this annoying thing - after I watch an episode, I press delete but sometimes the selection frame jumps to the next recording right before I hit the button, and I end up deleting an unwatched episode. This just happened to Oct 4th and I'm not happy about it! Went straight to Reddit and discovered that all the links are gone for past recaps. Oh well! I'll have to play this one on the archive :(
Some DVRs have a place for recently deleted which you can go to and restore what you accidentally deleted.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo

Post by morbeedo » Sun Apr 14, 2019 9:56 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am
morbeedo wrote:
Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:29 pm

Some DVRs have a place for recently deleted which you can go to and restore what you accidentally deleted.
Unfortunately, Tablo doesn't support recovery of deleted recordings! Other than this glaring omission, it's a pretty good set-up for recording OTA