reddit jeopardy done?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Re: reddit jeopardy done?

Post by triviawayne »

hbomb1947 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:45 pm
triviawayne wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:05 am With the CBS All access, I can now see the show!

Now I'm wondering if there is a way I could record it. Even if I have to turn it on while I'm at home.

Sometimes I'm just busy with other things, but would be able to get my computer on and have the live TV going, but would like to record it to watch the next day.

I have Windows 10.

Anyone know of a way?
Through some quick googling, I found these, one or more of which may do what you need (and some of them are free):

https://en.softonic.com/solutions/what- ... ulu-videos

Disclaimer: I don't know whether recording with such software would be within the CBS All Access terms of service.
Some were free, some were free trials, and some haven't been updated since Windows Vista...

But one on the list called Bandicam seems to be a good one. I downloaded it last night and will try it for a full show tonight.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

I'm catching up on episodes from the front half of season 35, when I stopped watching the show temporarily for reasons I won't revisit

My stupid DVR does this annoying thing - after I watch an episode, I press delete but sometimes the selection frame jumps to the next recording right before I hit the button, and I end up deleting an unwatched episode. This just happened to Oct 4th and I'm not happy about it! Went straight to Reddit and discovered that all the links are gone for past recaps. Oh well! I'll have to play this one on the archive :(
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

Le Master wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:36 pm It's pretty easy to d/l online if you know how to use Google. Even though I get Jeopardy! on tv and record it, I still end up downloading online nearly every day since I can watch it before it airs here - plus commercials are cut out. Just search: jeopardy 2019 04 11 720p HDTV x264 but change the date accordingly each day and limit your search to last 24 hours.
Yeah, I found one link to the episode but got a "page does not exist" error message. But thanks anyway
!
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

morbeedo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:29 pm I'm catching up on episodes from the front half of season 35, when I stopped watching the show temporarily for reasons I won't revisit

My stupid DVR does this annoying thing - after I watch an episode, I press delete but sometimes the selection frame jumps to the next recording right before I hit the button, and I end up deleting an unwatched episode. This just happened to Oct 4th and I'm not happy about it! Went straight to Reddit and discovered that all the links are gone for past recaps. Oh well! I'll have to play this one on the archive :(
Some DVRs have a place for recently deleted which you can go to and restore what you accidentally deleted.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Apr 14, 2019 10:33 am
morbeedo wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 11:29 pm I'm catching up on episodes from the front half of season 35, when I stopped watching the show temporarily for reasons I won't revisit

Some DVRs have a place for recently deleted which you can go to and restore what you accidentally deleted.
Unfortunately, Tablo doesn't support recovery of deleted recordings! Other than this glaring omission, it's a pretty good set-up for recording OTA
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

teapot37 wrote: Sun Mar 31, 2019 1:48 pm Apparently this has made Sony more vigilant about old episodes too. I had my old episodes on YouTube and they've all been taken down over the last couple of days.
I don't want to brag or draw attention to myself. But the secret bunker, like the Dude, abides.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

Has anyone had problems with CBS All Access lately? This evening, due to my recording via HD antenna once again being garbled, I've tried setting my Location Guard to 3 different cities to watch J! via this workaround, and each time instead of a live feed I've gotten the message "Sorry, your local station is currently not available for live streaming."
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
AndyTheQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews

Post by AndyTheQuizzer »

hbomb1947 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm Has anyone had problems with CBS All Access lately? This evening, due to my recording via HD antenna once again being garbled, I've tried setting my Location Guard to 3 different cities to watch J! via this workaround, and each time instead of a live feed I've gotten the message "Sorry, your local station is currently not available for live streaming."
For what it's worth, this is the first issue I've seen, and I'd like to think that if someone else were having issues, someone would have said something on Reddit.
Andy Saunders
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Publisher - The Jeopardy! Fan
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

hbomb1947 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:06 pm Has anyone had problems with CBS All Access lately? This evening, due to my recording via HD antenna once again being garbled, I've tried setting my Location Guard to 3 different cities to watch J! via this workaround, and each time instead of a live feed I've gotten the message "Sorry, your local station is currently not available for live streaming."
had no issue tonight, have you tried more than one station? Maybe on an update your firefox settings changed and it isn't deleting all cookies when you close it?
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

OntarioQuizzer wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:33 pm
For what it's worth, this is the first issue I've seen, and I'd like to think that if someone else were having issues, someone would have said something on Reddit.
I just checked Montgomery, AL and it works fine through Chrome. When I tried Pueblo, CO through Firefox I got the sorry message. Perhaps others with CBS All Access can check if they have different cities set up?
hbomb1947

Post by hbomb1947 »

triviawayne wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:49 pm
had no issue tonight, have you tried more than one station? Maybe on an update your firefox settings changed and it isn't deleting all cookies when you close it?
I tried Boston (which worked fine for me last week), Albuquerque, and Pueblo.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
hbomb1947

Post by hbomb1947 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:50 pm
I just checked Montgomery, AL and it works fine through Chrome. When I tried Pueblo, CO through Firefox I got the sorry message. Perhaps others with CBS All Access can check if they have different cities set up?
How do you do it through Chrome? I thought the Location Guard extension only works with Firefox.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

hbomb1947 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 pm
How do you do it through Chrome? I thought the Location Guard extension only works with Firefox.
Same process for Chrome. Location Guard works with it fine. I've always used one browser for J! and one for Millionaire. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Opera works as well whatever that one is.

Good luck as there are still more viewing windows available as it's only 6 and change in the west.
hbomb1947

Post by hbomb1947 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 9:05 pm
hbomb1947 wrote: Wed Jun 12, 2019 8:58 pm
Same process for Chrome. Location Guard works with it fine. I've always used one browser for J! and one for Millionaire. I'm pretty sure I saw somewhere that Opera works as well whatever that one is.

Good luck as there are still more viewing windows available as it's only 6 and change in the west.
Las Vegas is working on Chrome.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Glad you got Chrome to work for you. For Firefox I did a restart under the question mark for help that included a removal of Location Guard (and any other extensions if I had had them) and then reinstalled it. CBS worked fine on two different stations I tried.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

Wanted to get things ready for next week, just tried the CBS All Access thing for the first time in a while, it isn't working for me.

I am in Firefox, I have the location guard and set it to Hannibal, MO, I have the "delete cookies upon exit" set.

Yet when I sign in CBS All Access and choose to watch live TV, it is putting on my local station.

Is this happening for anyone else?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

triviawayne wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:39 am Wanted to get things ready for next week, just tried the CBS All Access thing for the first time in a while, it isn't working for me.

I am in Firefox, I have the location guard and set it to Hannibal, MO, I have the "delete cookies upon exit" set.

Yet when I sign in CBS All Access and choose to watch live TV, it is putting on my local station.

For location guard go to options and then use fixed location. It will work. I don't know anything about "delete cookies upon exit".

Yeah, just checked and could see TPIR on a station far from S.F.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:53 am
triviawayne wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 11:39 am Wanted to get things ready for next week, just tried the CBS All Access thing for the first time in a while, it isn't working for me.

For location guard go to options and then use fixed location. It will work. I don't know anything about "delete cookies upon exit".

that is what I've done. I use fixed location. There is also a checkbox in the lower left, and I've tried that checked and unchecked, and it keeps taking me to my local station instead of Hannibal.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

triviawayne wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:15 pm

that is what I've done. I use fixed location. There is also a checkbox in the lower left, and I've tried that checked and unchecked, and it keeps taking me to my local station instead of Hannibal.
In case it helps anyone else trying the same thing I'll continue this with a public post instead of with a PM. For Hannibal zoom in to make sure your pointer is set in the city and not somewhere else that could be causing the problem. Another thing to try is a different city just to see if that changes your luck.

Chrome works as well for another option.

Options then Fixed Location are the items to work with. Get to the map to set the pointer. Close Firefox then open it up again to go to CBS All Access and Live TV - CBS (local station)

Whatever is causing your problem is going to be something simple and a quick fix whenever you figure out what's going wrong. If you have used it before then you know it will work. Good to get it all figured out before Monday, yes.

Hope to see a post soon that it's all solved.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:37 pm
triviawayne wrote: Thu Sep 10, 2020 3:15 pm

In case it helps anyone else trying the same thing I'll continue this with a public post instead of with a PM. For Hannibal zoom in to make sure your pointer is set in the city and not somewhere else that could be causing the problem. Another thing to try is a different city just to see if that changes your luck.

Chrome works as well for another option.

Options then Fixed Location are the items to work with. Get to the map to set the pointer. Close Firefox then open it up again to go to CBS All Access and Live TV - CBS (local station)

Whatever is causing your problem is going to be something simple and a quick fix whenever you figure out what's going wrong. If you have used it before then you know it will work. Good to get it all figured out before Monday, yes.

Hope to see a post soon that it's all solved.
well it works at home...

There is something that comes up when I do it on tablets at work, it asks if I want to allow cbs to know my location, and I've tried hitting both yes and no, and no luck, it just puts me on my local station every time.

I have to be missing something that I'm not seeing.