Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
georgetrev
Contributor
Posts: 34
Joined: Fri May 17, 2013 10:49 am
Location: Dallas, TX

Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by georgetrev » Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 pm

According to Decider, they may be looking for a female host, maybe a person of color.

https://decider.com/2019/04/03/jeopardy ... YPFacebook

User avatar
Ironhorse
Wagering Pacifist
Posts: 995
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by Ironhorse » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm

I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
Never been on J!, but once won a knockoff version that aired on local access TV.

User avatar
OntarioQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by OntarioQuizzer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:47 pm

georgetrev wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 7:59 pm
According to Decider, they may be looking for a female host, maybe a person of color.

https://decider.com/2019/04/03/jeopardy ... YPFacebook
The original source of this story was American Media, Inc. (i.e. the company that owns the National Enquirer).

Ergo: massive amount of salt.
Andy Saunders
Moderator, #JeopardyLivePanel
Host, Complete The List
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Site Admin - The Jeopardy! Fan

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 pm

Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
never heard of him

User avatar
OntarioQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews
Posts: 1243
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by OntarioQuizzer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:51 pm
Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
never heard of him
that one's on you, then.
Andy Saunders
Moderator, #JeopardyLivePanel
Host, Complete The List
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Site Admin - The Jeopardy! Fan

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm

Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
ah i see...the roots, dude...so they will continue with foreign born hosts?

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7976
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by econgator » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
ah i see...the roots, dude...so they will continue with foreign born hosts?
He's not foreign-born

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
ah i see...the roots, dude...so they will continue with foreign born hosts?
He's not foreign-born
says germany in his bio

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7976
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by econgator » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm
econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
ah i see...the roots, dude...so they will continue with foreign born hosts?
He's not foreign-born
says germany in his bio
Maybe continue reading it ...

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 pm

econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm
econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm
Ironhorse wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:32 pm
I like the idea of LeVar Burton, but given his age, I understand if the show would prefer somebody who can potentially be in it for the long term.
ah i see...the roots, dude...so they will continue with foreign born hosts?
He's not foreign-born
says germany in his bio
Maybe continue reading it ...
still born in that country..regardless of father being usa military

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1335
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by triviawayne » Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:59 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:55 pm
econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:54 pm
econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:53 pm
CasketRomance wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:52 pm


ah i see...the roots, dude...so they will continue with foreign born hosts?
He's not foreign-born
says germany in his bio
Maybe continue reading it ...
still born in that country..regardless of father being usa military
doesn't that depend on where in Germany? Is the base considered American soil, like an embassy would be?
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7976
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by econgator » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:02 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:59 pm
doesn't that depend on where in Germany? Is the base considered American soil, like an embassy would be?
No, military bases are not sovereign soil.

He's an American born to two Americans. "Foreign-born" is a meaningless distinction in this case.

User avatar
JayK33
Just a Fan
Posts: 741
Joined: Tue Jul 15, 2014 11:10 pm
Location: Canada

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by JayK33 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 pm

LeVar would be interesting. He's a good trivia player as well, having won on both J! and The Weakest Link. I'm down with that.

User avatar
triviawayne
On the Diving Board, Ready to Jump In
Posts: 1335
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by triviawayne » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:14 pm

Pat Kiernan gets my vote
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:21 pm

econgator wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:02 pm
triviawayne wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 8:59 pm
doesn't that depend on where in Germany? Is the base considered American soil, like an embassy would be?
No, military bases are not sovereign soil.

He's an American born to two Americans. "Foreign-born" is a meaningless distinction in this case.
still born in another country

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1807
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:21 pm

gene simmons should get some consideration as well as kareem abdul jabbar
Last edited by CasketRomance on Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits
Posts: 2246
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by hbomb1947 » Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:22 pm

JayK33 wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 9:09 pm
LeVar would be interesting. He's a good trivia player as well, having won on both J! and The Weakest Link. I'm down with that.
Yeah, a host who's 62 would be a great way to attract a younger viewing demographic.

User avatar
CailinGaoilge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 420
Joined: Wed Oct 07, 2015 8:36 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by CailinGaoilge » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:25 pm

Didn't Alex suggest Laura Coates? That hits two of the three characteristics: female, non-white. Also younger than Ball, eve if not a 20-something.

User avatar
DBear
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1120
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 1:57 pm

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by DBear » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:26 pm

Here is the original source of the story
https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2019 ... er-crisis/

and note when it was written...

in other words... (2:30)

User avatar
TenPoundHammer
Oahu? Wahoo!
Posts: 7480
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Sony Reportedly Searching For Alex's Replacement

Post by TenPoundHammer » Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:57 pm

CailinGaoilge wrote:
Wed Apr 03, 2019 10:25 pm
Didn't Alex suggest Laura Coates? That hits two of the three characteristics: female, non-white. Also younger than Ball, eve if not a 20-something.
No no, it's gonna be Oprah. She'll take 6 minutes to read each clue. :lol:
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

Post Reply