Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

User avatar
nklotz
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 112
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2015 1:06 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by nklotz » Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am

NewsToTom wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:10 pm
Got an email today for Houston audition for Sept. 4 (Weds) at 2 PM. IIRC, I got a 44 on the online test.
Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by triviawayne » Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 pm

nklotz wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am
NewsToTom wrote:
Mon Aug 05, 2019 4:10 pm
Got an email today for Houston audition for Sept. 4 (Weds) at 2 PM. IIRC, I got a 44 on the online test.
Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh
We have seen in the past where a city would be on a list, and we never hear of auditions in said city. While there is no confirmation, but just speculation on my part, when this happens, they invite some of those to the next closest city next time they are near. This could have easily happened when Raleigh was on the list, but the closest the show came was Charlotte.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by AlphaDummy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

triviawayne wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 pm
nklotz wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am
Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh
We have seen in the past where a city would be on a list, and we never hear of auditions in said city. While there is no confirmation, but just speculation on my part, when this happens, they invite some of those to the next closest city next time they are near. This could have easily happened when Raleigh was on the list, but the closest the show came was Charlotte.
Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.

Or, given that Houston was just announced, the audition tour might not yet be complete.

(I do like that second possibility a whole lot more, of course... :mrgreen: )

clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Center Point, IA

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by clt013 » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm

AlphaDummy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.
I also signed up for Milwaukee - so there's at least 3 of us. :)

AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by AlphaDummy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:31 pm

clt013 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm
AlphaDummy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.
I also signed up for Milwaukee - so there's at least 3 of us. :)
Oops...I went off the list at the top of the first page...sorry I missed you... :oops:

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by triviawayne » Tue Aug 06, 2019 7:41 pm

AlphaDummy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm
triviawayne wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:24 pm
nklotz wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 9:40 am
Congrats! Apparently we're just not going to schedule Milwaukee auditions huh
We have seen in the past where a city would be on a list, and we never hear of auditions in said city. While there is no confirmation, but just speculation on my part, when this happens, they invite some of those to the next closest city next time they are near. This could have easily happened when Raleigh was on the list, but the closest the show came was Charlotte.
Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.

Or, given that Houston was just announced, the audition tour might not yet be complete.

(I do like that second possibility a whole lot more, of course... :mrgreen: )
Even if nobody on the board gets an invite to a city, usually someone here will report it anyway as some people are in other groups, knows someone, or follows the reddit page.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1369
Joined: Thu Dec 29, 2016 11:18 pm
Location: Tornado Alley / Southwest Missouri

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by twelvefootboy » Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:11 pm

I hope the happy invites and phone calls keep coming and I get to see many of you boardies on the boob tube.

But on a segue - Did any of you auditioners learn anything related to the requirement to upload a picture before taking the on-line test this Spring? Like, did they mention if it was an anti-cheat precaution? Did they qualify the image requirements (like you couldn't use your dog's picture, etc..)

I'm just curious - I think I didn't pass (34R?) anyway and don't aspire to have 15 minutes of fame. I think we had at least one boardie take a pass out of privacy/abuse concerns. I figured I'd poll this group before the thread expires soon.
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by triviawayne » Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 am

AlphaDummy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:31 pm
clt013 wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:13 pm
AlphaDummy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 5:06 pm

Given that there were apparently only two of us from the board who signed up for Milwaukee, it is quite possible that the auditions might well have come and gone without our knowledge.
I also signed up for Milwaukee - so there's at least 3 of us. :)
Oops...I went off the list at the top of the first page...sorry I missed you... :oops:

Looks like Milwaukee and Seattle are the only ones missing.

Did I miss putting anyone else with their city/score, or other information?
Total game show career losings = $171,522

clt013
J! and SJ! Pool Participant
Posts: 553
Joined: Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Center Point, IA

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by clt013 » Wed Aug 07, 2019 8:43 am

triviawayne wrote:
Wed Aug 07, 2019 7:21 am
Did I miss putting anyone else with their city/score, or other information?
Sorry - you didn't miss my city/score as I never submitted.

I would be Milwaukee with 38 (+ 2 partials that might count) correct.

User avatar
Spiny Norman
Valued Contributor
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri May 30, 2014 7:33 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Spiny Norman » Fri Aug 09, 2019 3:34 pm

Los Angeles, September 10. I hope that the 4th time is the charm.

rjaguar3
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 886
Joined: Wed Jan 04, 2012 5:54 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by rjaguar3 » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:12 pm

Los Angeles, September 9 (2pm). This is the first in-person audition for me. I'm very excited!

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2336
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by morbeedo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:40 am

Trivia Nationals Las Vegas update

70 people sat for the written test on Saturday, and 39 people were called back to audition in 2 groups. They brought in a local news crew, so you might get to see us!

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1446
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by triviawayne » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:28 am

morbeedo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:40 am
Trivia Nationals Las Vegas update

70 people sat for the written test on Saturday, and 39 people were called back to audition in 2 groups. They brought in a local news crew, so you might get to see us!
You are one of the 39 right...
Total game show career losings = $171,522

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2336
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by morbeedo » Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:50 am

triviawayne wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 11:28 am
morbeedo wrote:
Sun Aug 11, 2019 10:40 am
Trivia Nationals Las Vegas update

70 people sat for the written test on Saturday, and 39 people were called back to audition in 2 groups. They brought in a local news crew, so you might get to see us!
You are one of the 39 right...
Happily, yes, but I’m bummed for boardies who didn't make it through this time


User avatar
boson
Trivial
Posts: 1586
Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:01 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by boson » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 am

Had a great time at trivia nationals - except in the jeopardy contestant test where I failed to reach the required score for the first time in 12+ tests. Best of luck to the boardies and friends who did pass! I'm sure we will see some of them on TV soon. A certain LeeAnn Whitlock is a lock, given the praise Maggie and co heaped on her.

The J! people were at far more than just the tryouts- they spent 2+ days meeting the trivia community, playing our games, answering our questions, and working REALLY hard to get strong women quizzers to audition. Cmp146, despite being on the show already, was personally asked to audition 3 times. A little less love for us in other demographics, but still lots of enthusiasm and respect.

User avatar
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 3979
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:53 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Woof » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:51 am

Among the many positive experiences I had at Trivia Nationals, not the least of them was getting to meet so many boardies such as boson and cmp, but also DHK and wife, Big Daddy Matty, ElendilPickle, Fowlerism, Reddpen, Hbomb, morbeedo and even the elusive Schliemann. I hope to see many of you on the show.
Last edited by Woof on Tue Aug 13, 2019 12:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack
Posts: 1070
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 am

boson wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 am
I failed to reach the required score for the first time in 12+ tests.
Oof, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 128.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1297 quizzes

User avatar
StevenH
Not J! Contestant Material
Posts: 2258
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 pm
Location: Atlanta, Georgia

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by StevenH » Mon Aug 12, 2019 10:10 am

It sounds like the event was a huge success! I am glad that everyone seems to have had a great time. I really hope that I can make it back to Vegas next year, especially if there are auditions again.

Best of luck to all of you who are in the pool!

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2336
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by morbeedo » Mon Aug 12, 2019 11:55 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 1:33 am
boson wrote:
Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:00 am
I failed to reach the required score for the first time in 12+ tests.
Oof, that's rough. Sorry to hear that.
Sorry, boson! Would you say we got the harder of the two tests they’ve been using at auditions this summer?

Post Reply