Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by MasterCone » Fri Apr 19, 2019 6:36 pm

I just saw a tweet for May 23rd in Boston as well.

I will now commence being extremely disappointed that I did not get one

Stanislaus Jacob
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Stanislaus Jacob » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 am

May 14 and May 23 are pretty far apart. That seems longer than they ever spend in a single city. Do we know which of these dates is more likely to be correct? (In the extremely unlikely event that I got a replacement call, May 23 would be a much better date for me, although of course I would move Heaven and Earth to be at an audition for any date.)

AlphaDummy
Valued Contributor
Posts: 53
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 6:47 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by AlphaDummy » Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:25 am

dhkendall wrote:
Fri Apr 19, 2019 2:30 pm
Chicago, 38. Hope that’s not too low!
Well, hell. Was hoping you might have picked Milwaukee...

User avatar
OntarioQuizzer
Lots and Lots of Interviews
Posts: 1263
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:01 am

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by OntarioQuizzer » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:00 pm

Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 am
May 14 and May 23 are pretty far apart. That seems longer than they ever spend in a single city. Do we know which of these dates is more likely to be correct? (In the extremely unlikely event that I got a replacement call, May 23 would be a much better date for me, although of course I would move Heaven and Earth to be at an audition for any date.)
The May 14 audition tweet contained a screenshot of an email. May 23 was just text.
Andy Saunders
Moderator, #JeopardyLivePanel
Host, Complete The List
J! Archive Founding Archivist
Site Admin - The Jeopardy! Fan

pompetti
Just Starting Out on JBoard
Posts: 4
Joined: Tue Jan 26, 2016 9:27 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by pompetti » Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 pm

Boston, 42. May 14th for the audition.

lincoln23
Contributor
Posts: 41
Joined: Tue Jan 17, 2012 8:19 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by lincoln23 » Sat Apr 20, 2019 8:14 pm

Columbus, 43

Stanislaus Jacob
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 351
Joined: Wed Mar 12, 2014 10:52 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Stanislaus Jacob » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:05 am

OntarioQuizzer wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:00 pm
Stanislaus Jacob wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 9:13 am
May 14 and May 23 are pretty far apart. That seems longer than they ever spend in a single city. Do we know which of these dates is more likely to be correct? (In the extremely unlikely event that I got a replacement call, May 23 would be a much better date for me, although of course I would move Heaven and Earth to be at an audition for any date.)
The May 14 audition tweet contained a screenshot of an email. May 23 was just text.
Maybe it was a typo for May 13. Or maybe they do have two days far apart for whatever reason. Either way, I guess it was not my lucky year. Good luck to everyone.

User avatar
mxc_takeshi
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 845
Joined: Wed Apr 30, 2014 11:09 pm
Location: Cynthiana, KY

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by mxc_takeshi » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:24 am

I selected Columbus and answered 37 correctly on the April 11th test.

User avatar
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General
Posts: 912
Joined: Thu Nov 12, 2015 12:35 am

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Cat Hammarskjold » Sun Apr 21, 2019 3:26 pm

I got 45 on the April 9th test and chose Columbus for the audition city.

User avatar
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by immaf » Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:11 pm

Joy! Joy! Joy!
I nave been called to an in-person audition in Boston on Tuesday, May 14th at 10:00 AM.
My advice to everyone: CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTERS.
Teems with quiet fun.

User avatar
RJRouge
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 264
Joined: Mon Jun 25, 2018 4:39 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by RJRouge » Sun Apr 21, 2019 8:59 pm

immaf wrote:
Sun Apr 21, 2019 4:11 pm
Joy! Joy! Joy!
I nave been called to an in-person audition in Boston on Tuesday, May 14th at 10:00 AM.
My advice to everyone: CHECK YOUR SPAM FILTERS.
Not until I hear about Chicago invites going out. :P

Good luck to you, and anyone else who gets the nod.

User avatar
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by MasterCone » Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:23 pm

Holy cow! They are either not done with Boston emails or I snagged a spot someone declined... I will be in Boston on May 17th at 10am!

User avatar
morbeedo
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 2297
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by morbeedo » Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:03 pm

MasterCone wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 4:23 pm
Holy cow! They are either not done with Boston emails or I snagged a spot someone declined... I will be in Boston on May 17th at 10am!
Whooooopeeeee! Time to open that bottle of champagne you've been saving!

User avatar
MasterCone
Loyal Jeopardista
Posts: 148
Joined: Sat Apr 22, 2017 6:06 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by MasterCone » Tue Apr 23, 2019 8:33 am

morbeedo wrote:
Mon Apr 22, 2019 10:03 pm
Whooooopeeeee! Time to open that bottle of champagne you've been saving!
For some reason wine no longer agrees with me, so I will have to go right for the hard alcohol.

User avatar
immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 1043
Joined: Mon Sep 19, 2011 1:16 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by immaf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 9:58 am

pompetti wrote:
Sat Apr 20, 2019 7:29 pm
Boston, 42. May 14th for the audition.
It looks like pompetti also deserves a smiley face.
Teems with quiet fun.

User avatar
skullturf
Married to a Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1793
Joined: Wed Dec 12, 2012 10:34 am
Location: Miami

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by skullturf » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:28 pm

West Palm Beach, 47

User avatar
Ironhorse
Wagering Pacifist
Posts: 1071
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by Ironhorse » Tue Apr 23, 2019 12:35 pm

Savannah, 37
Never been on J!, but once won a knockoff version that aired on local access TV.

madlibrarian514
Just Starting Out on JBoard
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:40 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by madlibrarian514 » Tue Apr 23, 2019 3:53 pm

36 on 4/10 test - invite to audition May 13 in Boston.

User avatar
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool
Posts: 1384
Joined: Tue Feb 17, 2015 9:50 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by triviawayne » Tue Apr 23, 2019 10:44 pm

Just noting this is a long time in one city--Boston from 5/13 - 5/17. I would expect this is because of only two northeast megalopolis stops on the tour this year, and making up for the cities they aren't going to.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

dts
Just Starting Out on JBoard
Posts: 4
Joined: Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:17 pm

Re: Jeopardy 2019 North American Audition Tour

Post by dts » Wed Apr 24, 2019 2:20 pm

Chicago, 40

Post Reply