Alex Trebek wins Emmy

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Alex Trebek wins Emmy

Post by hbomb1947 »

Alex has won his sixth Emmy for Outstanding Game Show Host, and first since 2008.

https://www.sfgate.com/entertainment/te ... 821381.php
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Re: Alex Trebek wins Emmy

Post by slam »

Since Alex hasn't won an Emmy in over a decade, this award was probably at least partially given based on his current health issues. Of course, he certainly deserved it anyway, but it's still nice to see him get another Emmy.

On a related topic, I think it's great that Alex (most likely) gets to finish his J! career seeing something unique on the show. Whatever you may personally think about Holzhauer's run, Alex seems to be enjoying it. After Alex's career, I think he's entitled to some excitement like this.

I know it's a bit morbid, but I'm wondering whether Alex will get to host the end of Holzhauer's run. I hope so, but if he lasts until next season, it's questionable if Alex will be able to do that.
georgespelvin
The Charlie Brown of Jeopardy Auditions

Post by georgespelvin »

If/When Alex has to leave the show, I would hope that Jeopardy would record a winner-take-all match between Brad, Ken and James for Alex's last hosted game.
Lore
Valued Contributor

Post by Lore »

slam wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 1:18 pm Since Alex hasn't won an Emmy in over a decade, this award was probably at least partially given based on his current health issues. Of course, he certainly deserved it anyway, but it's still nice to see him get another Emmy.
In his acceptance speech he brought up getting the pity vote.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

georgespelvin wrote: Mon May 06, 2019 2:31 pm If/When Alex has to leave the show, I would hope that Jeopardy would record a winner-take-all match between Brad, Ken and James for Alex's last hosted game.
I like it
Total game show career losings = $171,522