Tuesday, May 7, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

TenPoundHammer

Re: Tuesday, May 7, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by TenPoundHammer »

3/5 in Adjectives. Couldn't figure out the bottom two

NHO "Brooklyn Nine Nine".

I refused to answer Sitcomedy for $400 on principle because Sheldon Cooper is the worst fictional character in all history.

Ended up 0/5 in Sitcomedy. Should've known Bojack Horseman but I've never actually watched it.

Surprisingly, I ran the Principal's Desk and Juice categories.

JPL was entirely over my head. 120?!?

All but "snowpack" in Pack.

Any reason I should know what instrument the concertmaster plays? Could be anything. Odd when $400 is my only miss in a music category.

No guess on FJ! I know who Annie Sullivan is, but she's not filed under "teacher" in my brain so I had nothing at all.

Lach Trash: teardrop, mudpack, The Ant and the Grasshopper, bells, bassoon
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

58 R (Missed Snowpack and Spike.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Teardrop, Bellagio, Mud Pack, Hell on Wheels, Central Pacific, The Ant and the Grasshopper, Metamorphoses, Lysistrata, Tubular Bells, Bassoon

Bellagio a lucky and educated guess. It seemed the most artsy to me.
Douglas Squasoni
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:46 pm Bellagio a lucky and educated guess. It seemed the most artsy to me.
What was even with that clue? It was so ridiculously random.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

alietr wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 1:05 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed May 08, 2019 12:46 pm Bellagio a lucky and educated guess. It seemed the most artsy to me.
What was even with that clue? It was so ridiculously random.
In addition to its glass ceiling sculpture by Chihuly, the Bellagio is known for having art exhibitions.

https://bellagio.mgmresorts.com/en/ente ... e-art.html
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Story about Tara that includes an old J! clip: https://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/t ... n-jeopardy

Tara is Teebax on Primetimer (formerly TWOP and previously.tv) and she was asked a question:

@TEEBAX I noticed you got in a little shout-out on FJ, had the ban not gone into effect yet?

Tara responded: It had not. Jeopardy decided no longer to name our schools, and it was important to me that I mention mine. We're a small alternative public high school in a very large district, and very few people I meet even know we exist. Those who do know of it see it as a school for rejects who couldn't pass traditional school. In reality, it's way more complicated than that. Many of my students come from circumstances that could make your head spin. Teaching there is very challenging but also incredibly rewarding.By the way, the ear tug was for you guys. I mentioned this group in an interview last night following my party, but I think they edited it out. I thought about finger guns, but I can't pull that off without looking ridiculous.

The Teacher's Tournament was taped on April 1 & 2 and the regular play J! games we saw last week were taped prior to that so something is not lining up for the shout-out rule put into effect or its execution.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue May 07, 2019 11:07 am IN THE PRINCIPAL’S DESK $800: No kid is going to have this in school, even if it is the body spray as opposed to the weapon

I took the neg with mace although now I’m wondering if the judges would give me a reversal?
I did the same. Assume no reversal since mace spray is also a weapon

What about The Grasshopper and the Ant, when they wanted The Ant and the Grasshopper?

Couldn't come up with Lysistrata, figured The Frogs wasn't right

The brain is a funny thing. I knew they were looking for Helen Keller's teacher, but all I could come up with was Anne Baxter!