Breach of Confidentiality re James Holzhauer's Remaining Games in Season 35?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Jasper
Contributor

Breach of Confidentiality re James Holzhauer's Remaining Games in Season 35?

Post by Jasper »

The following article (NY Post) about James Holzhauer states the following: "He just returned from a family trip to Sicily and Malta, as 'Jeopardy' taping is on hiatus until the fall."

https://nypost.com/2019/06/01/jeopardy- ... ege-class/

If the reporter has accurate information, this means that James will win out for the remaining Season 35 episodes.

Again, if the reporter has accurate information, this would represent a rare breach of confidentiality as to the outcome of future games.

Jasper
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Breach of Confidentiality re James Holzhauer's Remaining Games in Season 35?

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

Jasper wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:21 pm The following article (NY Post) about James Holzhauer states the following: "He just returned from a family trip to Sicily and Malta, as 'Jeopardy' taping is on hiatus until the fall."

If the reporter has accurate information, this means that James will win out for the remaining Season 35 episodes.

Again, if the reporter has accurate information, this would represent a rare breach of confidentiality as to the outcome of future games.

Jasper
The quoted sentence is also completely true in the event that he loses tomorrow.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Re: Breach of Confidentiality re James Holzhauer's Remaining Games in Season 35?

Post by Golf »

Taping is on hiatus right now? That is earth-shattering news. :P

And technically, taping starts before September 20/21. So the fall statement is in error.

The article did not state he was still taping.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

We’ve known before his first show aired there was a major breach of confidentiality...but we don’t know who leaked the information. If the show can’t prove it is him, he will still get the money.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 pm We’ve known before his first show aired there was a major breach of confidentiality...but we don’t know who leaked the information. If the show can’t prove it is him, he will still get the money.
It was reported, back when haters were attributing the now-forgotten third-party website to James, that the show didn't believe James was behind that breach of confidentiality -- or at least didn't believe he was behind the website.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
Austin Powers
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Austin Powers »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:09 pm
Jasper wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 1:21 pm The following article (NY Post) about James Holzhauer states the following: "He just returned from a family trip to Sicily and Malta, as 'Jeopardy' taping is on hiatus until the fall."

Jasper
The quoted sentence is also completely true in the event that he loses tomorrow.
Tomorrow? What’s going on tomorrow?!?
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Jasper
I take it to mean "since Jeopardy is currently on hiatus, the fact that he just came back from a family vacation is indicative neither of his losing before the end of the season nor of his winning its remaining games."
Caboom

Post by Caboom »

Jasper
I'm sure the reporter had accurate information regarding James returning from a family trip to Sicily and Malta. Jeopardy taping being on hiatus, however, is common knowledge, which the reporter probably just added to the first fact. I highly doubt James told the reporter him being on a vacation was in anyway connected to the Jeopardy taping schedule. He's way too smart for that. Now, the reporter obviously could have gotten the information from a third party source, but it seems more likely he did some deductions of his own. I do think he meant to imply James would be back for next season, but I think it's unlikely he had any knowledge of this.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

hbomb1947 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 3:18 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 2:57 pm We’ve known before his first show aired there was a major breach of confidentiality...but we don’t know who leaked the information. If the show can’t prove it is him, he will still get the money.
It was reported, back when haters were attributing the now-forgotten third-party website to James, that the show didn't believe James was behind that breach of confidentiality -- or at least didn't believe he was behind the website.
I’m not talking about the website.
Jasper
Contributor

Post by Jasper »

Each of the two clauses in the cited sentence does not stand alone. Rather, they are conjoined. Perhaps this is sloppy writing, or perhaps this is suggestive that James will enter season 36 as the defending Jeopardy! champion.

As someone else has noted, this has nothing to do with the earlier website.

Jasper
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Jasper wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:09 pm Each of the two clauses in the cited sentence does not stand alone. Rather, they are conjoined. Perhaps this is sloppy writing, or perhaps this is suggestive that James will enter season 36 as the defending Jeopardy! champion.

As someone else has noted, this has nothing to do with the earlier website.

Jasper
Just read "as" as "while" in the quotation. It's saying that the vacation occurred during the taping hiatus, and that explanation is necessary because the average viewer and reader might be confused by the fact that he was on vacation while also appearing on TV.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

They are convincing people that Jeopardy! isn't taped LIVE.
Douglas Squasoni
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 5:51 pm They are convincing people that Jeopardy! isn't taped LIVE.
do you mean aired live? pretty sure the episodes are taped live since there is a studio audience
hbomb1947

Post by hbomb1947 »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm
Then what are you referring to?
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
Lefty

Post by Lefty »

I haven't actually looked at any of the posts in the thread. But its title rather suggests that he doesn't lose tomorrow.
I'm smart and I want respect.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

NY Post is now teasing that
Spoiler
he loses tomorrow
hbomb1947

Post by hbomb1947 »

morbeedo wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:09 pm NY Post is now teasing that
Spoiler
he loses tomorrow
Spoiler
There are screenshots that aren't too hard to find on Twitter that appear to confirm this.
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

hbomb1947 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 pm
Spoiler
he loses tomorrow
Spoiler
There are screenshots that aren't too hard to find on Twitter that appear to confirm this.
Spoiler
you really think it's happening??? With all the information that was out there before he began, the one piece of information we haven't heard is that he loses. I find it hard to believe he would have lost and we haven't heard about it already. Even before all the social media, we knew in advance when Ken Jennings would lose
triviawayne

Post by triviawayne »

hbomb1947 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:28 pm
triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 4:41 pm
Then what are you referring to?
In a post I made that was deleted because someone cried it was a spoiler, I'll repeat it here: I'll just say a friend of a friend of a friend who knows somebody knows way too much specific information. Somebody is talking. If it isn't James himself, it would either be someone close to him or someone who was in every taping.
morbeedo
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by morbeedo »

triviawayne wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:34 pm
hbomb1947 wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 9:27 pm
Spoiler
he loses tomorrow
Spoiler
Spoiler
you really think it's happening??? With all the information that was out there before he began, the one piece of information we haven't heard is that he loses. I find it hard to believe he would have lost and we haven't heard about it already. Even before all the social media, we knew in advance when Ken Jennings would lose
Spoiler
I watched the video clip. Who knows when it will air? I'll have to look when they post the week's slate of contestants. But the ending has been filmed.

Believe me, I didn't want to know in advance, but my cheeky friend sent me the article and I went to Twitter to verify