TD 423 - Mini-TD #7 - Q4 Revealed

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

TD 423 - Mini-TD #7 - Q4 Revealed

Post by morbeedo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 12:49 pm

Welcome to TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

READ THE RULES CAREFULLY!

1. No DROP
2. ONE (1) SHEEP allowed
3. No bonus
4. One wrong answer eliminates you from the game. For scoring purposes, an eliminated player's answers will count toward point totals for other players
5. There are no loopholes, so don't try to break the game. Think different, yes, but think within the parameters of the question

Submit your entry before end of day, Monday, June 17th by Google survey

40 PLAYERS
SpoilerShow
  1. Peachbox
  2. Gamawire
  3. MarkBarrett
  4. xabe
  5. shambolic
  6. immaf
  7. Peter the Accountant
  8. Floridagator
  9. SenseiCAY
  10. PowerofHoodoo
  11. clt013
  12. 9021amyers
  13. clprez
  14. ChexMix
  15. Kirbstar
  16. LucarioSnooperVixey
  17. barandall800
  18. twelvefootboy
  19. xxaaaxx
  20. qwerqwerqwer
  21. 1stlvlthinker
  22. classicroadster
  23. blueoncemoon
  24. jsm378
  25. econgator
  26. Coach P
  27. Ironhorse
  28. ElendilPickle
  29. threearruda
  30. jev15
  31. Bmwhitehead
  32. Woof
  33. Vermonter
  34. merica
  35. squarekara
  36. Magna
  37. MattKnowles
  38. spell4yr
  39. heppm01
  40. mahatma

1. EDGAR ALLAN POE (many answers)
Name any short story by Edgar Allan Poe

2. ON THE AVENUE I'M TAKING YOU TO (many answers)
Name any avenue in Manhattan. The word avenue must appear in the name. Different names for the same thoroughfare will be scored together

3. POLYGONS (12)
Give the general name for a polygon with any number of sides between 3 and 14. Reasonably close spellings will be accepted.

4. EARLY 20TH CENTURY WOMEN (9)
Name any one of these women who lived in the beginning of the 20th century
SpoilerShow
  • Irish-born American schoolteacher and dressmaker, organizer for the Knights of Labor and the United Mine Workers union, denounced on the floor of the U.S. Senate as the "grandmother of all agitators". An investigative news magazine is named for her.
  • American novelist and playwright born in NYC, wrote about the lives and morals of the Gilded Age, first woman to win the Pulitzer Prize for Literature in 1921 for The Age of Innocence
  • American journalist who traveled around the world in 72 days and wrote the popular exposé, Ten Days in a Mad-House, about her time undercover in a mental institution
  • American novelist, poet, playwright, and art collector. Hosted a Paris salon frequented by Pablo Picasso, Ernest Hemingway, F. Scott Fitzgerald, Sinclair Lewis, Ezra Pound, Sherwood Anderson and Henri Matisse. Credited with the term, Lost Generation. Known for the quote, "There is no there there."
  • American activist, sex educator, writer, and nurse. Popularized the term "birth control" and opened the first birth control clinic in the United States
  • Suffragette, pacifist, radical socialist, birth control supporter, world-famous speaker, author and an advocate for people with disabilities
  • Leading muckraker of the Progressive Era and pioneer of investigative journalism. Best known for her 1904 book, The History of the Standard Oil Company
  • African-American investigative journalist, educator, and an early leader in the civil rights movement. Led an anti-lynching crusade in the United States in the 1890s. One of the founders of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People
  • American social reformer and women's rights activist who played a pivotal role in the women's suffrage movement. Born into a Quaker family committed to social equality, she collected anti-slavery petitions at the age of 17. Lifelong friend of Elizabeth Cady Stanton
5. LET THE GAMES BEGIN (8)
Name one of the 4 most recent Olympic host cities, or one of the 4 upcoming host cities (2012-2028)

6. FAANG (6)
Name one of the 5 so-called FAANG stocks, OR the person who coined the original term FANG (with one A)
Last edited by morbeedo on Thu Jun 20, 2019 11:47 am, edited 10 times in total.

clprez
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 779
Joined: Wed Feb 26, 2014 9:01 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by clprez » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:02 pm

For number 5, do you want just summer olympics, winter olympics or a combination of both?

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by morbeedo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm

clprez wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:02 pm
For number 5, do you want just summer olympics, winter olympics or a combination of both?
Name one city that hosted or will host in that time frame. Season doesn’t matter

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by mahatma » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm

morbeedo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm
clprez wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:02 pm
For number 5, do you want just summer olympics, winter olympics or a combination of both?
Name one city that hosted or will host in that time frame. Season doesn’t matter
Sorry, but:
SpoilerShow
doesn't that time frame include 9 different Olympics / host cities?

User avatar
xxaaaxx
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2027
Joined: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:29 pm
Location: Brooklyn, NY

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by xxaaaxx » Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm

mahatma wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm
clprez wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:02 pm
For number 5, do you want just summer olympics, winter olympics or a combination of both?
Name one city that hosted or will host in that time frame. Season doesn’t matter
Sorry, but: doesn't that time frame include 9 different Olympics / host cities?
One of them hasn't been awarded yet.


*unspoilered since the host has clarified with the exact years*
Last edited by xxaaaxx on Mon Jun 10, 2019 7:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xabe
Newbie
Posts: 5
Joined: Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:53 am
Location: Toronto, ON

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by xabe » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:11 pm

Thanks for hosting - the Poe question (#1) is validating for a number on the form for me.

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 502
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by mahatma » Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:39 pm

xxaaaxx wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:53 pm
mahatma wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:45 pm
morbeedo wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:29 pm
clprez wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 1:02 pm
For number 5, do you want just summer olympics, winter olympics or a combination of both?
Name one city that hosted or will host in that time frame. Season doesn’t matter
Sorry, but:
SpoilerShow
doesn't that time frame include 9 different Olympics / host cities?
SpoilerShow
One of them hasn't been awarded yet.
SpoilerShow
aha. thanks.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by morbeedo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:03 pm

xabe wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 3:11 pm
Thanks for hosting - the Poe question (#1) is validating for a number on the form for me.
Ugh. Happens to me every f**** time. Fixed it.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by morbeedo » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:13 pm

Re: The Olympics.

Sorry for the confusion. I'm groggy today.

As pointed out, 2026 hasn't been awarded yet. So you can give me the host city for any of the following:
Past: 2012, 2014, 2016, 2018
Future: 2020, 2022, 2024, 2026, 2028

I don't need the year or the season. Just the city name.

User avatar
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:39 am

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by floridagator » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm

Should say 423 in the title
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.

User avatar
SenseiCAY
Jeopardy Participant
Posts: 547
Joined: Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:56 pm
Location: Silver Spring, MD
Contact:

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by SenseiCAY » Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:29 pm

I apologize in advance for the words I will say during the reveal.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: Mini-TD #7

Post by morbeedo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 11:41 am

floridagator wrote:
Mon Jun 10, 2019 4:25 pm
Should say 423 in the title
Fixed it. Thanks

User avatar
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 am

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by Rackme32 » Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm

What the heck is a FAANG stock? Interests in the Dracula movies? Not a clue here...

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 7971
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by econgator » Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 pm

Rackme32 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm
What the heck is a FAANG stock? Interests in the Dracula movies? Not a clue here...
Guess we know which one you'll be sheeping.

User avatar
Ironhorse
Wagering Pacifist
Posts: 989
Joined: Sat Apr 29, 2017 7:21 pm
Location: North Carolina

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by Ironhorse » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:23 pm

On #3, is "between" inclusive or exclusive?
Never been on J!, but once won a knockoff version that aired on local access TV.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by morbeedo » Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:50 pm

Ironhorse wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 5:23 pm
On #3, is "between" inclusive or exclusive?
My games are always inclusive! ;)

User avatar
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test
Posts: 693
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 10:16 am

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by Rackme32 » Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm

econgator wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 pm
Rackme32 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm
What the heck is a FAANG stock? Interests in the Dracula movies? Not a clue here...
Guess we know which one you'll be sheeping.
No ya don't... I chose not to play. :)

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1779
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by CasketRomance » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 pm

Rackme32 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm
econgator wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 pm
Rackme32 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm
What the heck is a FAANG stock? Interests in the Dracula movies? Not a clue here...
Guess we know which one you'll be sheeping.
No ya don't... I chose not to play. :)
me too...i like morbeedo a lot, but this td is not so good

User avatar
floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1123
Joined: Sat Mar 16, 2013 3:39 am

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by floridagator » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:02 pm

It is VERY GOOD! I'm gonna make it a threepeat! And everyone will remember how my streak overlapped with that of James.

(Well, probably no one will remember.)
I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.

User avatar
morbeedo
In Jeopardy! Limbo
Posts: 2246
Joined: Wed Jan 18, 2012 12:58 pm

Re: TD 423 - Mini-TD #7

Post by morbeedo » Thu Jun 13, 2019 4:38 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:40 pm
Rackme32 wrote:
Wed Jun 12, 2019 7:01 pm
econgator wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 3:37 pm
Rackme32 wrote:
Tue Jun 11, 2019 2:36 pm
What the heck is a FAANG stock? Interests in the Dracula movies? Not a clue here...
Guess we know which one you'll be sheeping.
No ya don't... I chose not to play. :)
me too...i like morbeedo a lot, but this td is not so good
:o ;) :lol:

Post Reply