Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

alietr
Site Admin

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by alietr »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm Arianna got 0/4 clues correct in the Scotland category. This is the first time that has ever happened on the show.
I'm curious what credentials they were looking for in choosing her as one of the experts. Making the semis in a college tournament and $5k on Millionaire don't stack up against what the rest of the people on there have done.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

alietr wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm Arianna got 0/4 clues correct in the Scotland category. This is the first time that has ever happened on the show.
I'm curious what credentials they were looking for in choosing her as one of the experts. Making the semis in a college tournament and $5k on Millionaire don't stack up against what the rest of the people on there have done.
And not making it to the Final Chase.
Douglas Squasoni
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance »

alietr wrote: Wed Jul 10, 2019 3:39 pm
maybe there weren't that many women in the applicant pool
LucarioSnooperVixey

Another rough time for Arianna as she only got 1/5 in the Final Round. Anyone could have won $10,000 in that episode. Had Eric been up against Ken, he probably wouldn't have won. It is better to see a win by the contestant when they and the expert both do really well and the expert loses on one question.
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 pm Another rough time for Arianna as she only got 1/5 in the Final Round. Anyone could have won $10,000 in that episode. Had Eric been up against Ken, he probably wouldn't have won. It is better to see a win by the contestant when they and the expert both do really well and the expert loses on one question.
I liked when the contestant pumped his fist before the answer reveal on the flag with the Bible as he knew he had it and Arianna did not. I also heard a reference of explanation about the friars. It did not matter at that point though Arianna should have got the state for the Civil War era.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 7:36 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 6:47 pm Another rough time for Arianna as she only got 1/5 in the Final Round. Anyone could have won $10,000 in that episode. Had Eric been up against Ken, he probably wouldn't have won. It is better to see a win by the contestant when they and the expert both do really well and the expert loses on one question.
I liked when the contestant pumped his fist before the answer reveal on the flag with the Bible as he knew he had it and Arianna did not. I also heard a reference of explanation about the friars. It did not matter at that point though Arianna should have got the state for the Civil War era.
totally agree...i even knew that and i don't know crap about usa history...learned it at a pub trivia event about 8 years ago or so
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

25 games through July 12:

Appearances by Expert:
Ken: 13
Muffy: 13
Ryan: 13
Arianna: 10
Jonathan: 10
Raj: 10
David: 3
Susannah: 3

Wins by Expert: (Best during first three rounds to face winning contestant)
Muffy: 7
Ken: 7
Arianna: 4
Raj: 2
Ryan: 2
David: 1
Jonathan: 1
Susannah: 1

$10,000 wins by Contestant:
Josh: 6/12 (against Muffy)
Jake: 6/18 (against Ken)
Miguel: 7/2 (against Ken)
Eric: 7/11 (against Arianna)
LucarioSnooperVixey

The Experts always get revenge on the players who beat them.
Douglas Squasoni
LucarioSnooperVixey

Sister Rose, who appeared on multiple episodes of 1 vs. 100, was on the show today. The funny thing is, both Ken and Sister Rose were in the Mob in the "Last Man Standing" episode. It made me wonder if Ken actually remembered her and said something about that event. :lol:
Douglas Squasoni
mrbungle

Post by mrbungle »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 pm Sister Rose, who appeared on multiple episodes of 1 vs. 100, was on the show today. The funny thing is, both Ken and Sister Rose were in the Mob in the "Last Man Standing" episode.
coincidentally, i happened to watch that episode last week, because the friday the 13th series is available on amazon prime, and i watched the first few installments, and the guy who won that "last man standing" episode happened to play the character from whom jason obtains his iconic hockey mask in friday the 13th part 3.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

mrbungle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jul 16, 2019 11:53 pm Sister Rose, who appeared on multiple episodes of 1 vs. 100, was on the show today. The funny thing is, both Ken and Sister Rose were in the Mob in the "Last Man Standing" episode.
coincidentally, i happened to watch that episode last week, because the friday the 13th series is available on amazon prime, and i watched the first few installments, and the guy who won that "last man standing" episode happened to play the character from whom jason obtains his iconic hockey mask in friday the 13th part 3.
shelley was on a game show? hardcore
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

CasketRomance wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:57 pm
mrbungle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 3:02 am
shelley was on a game show? hardcore

i see dude was also on who wants to be a millionaire but never won a fastest finger round to make it to the hot seat
mrbungle

Post by mrbungle »

CasketRomance wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:57 pm shelley was on a game show? hardcore
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

mrbungle wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 5:14 pm
CasketRomance wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 4:57 pm shelley was on a game show? hardcore
wow...shelley even won? wtf...all star cast...shelley from friday the 13th part III, ken jennings, and annie duke...brings back pre black friday memories of playing annie duke in sngs on ultimatebet..always felt good busting her
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

mrbungle, is there a story with alastair? he was on last thursday and again today. on a another note, did you feel any guilt for making the music reference of "heavy metal" when "lead" (an incorrect answer) was one of the choices, that led to two players missing it?
xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

The whole "beat the experts three times and join the team" bit seems utterly hopeless.
mrbungle

Post by mrbungle »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 pm mrbungle, is there a story with alastair? he was on last thursday and again today.
different accented alastairs, believe it or not...

weirdly, we shot those episodes on the same day--a big day in game show history for accented alastairs!
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 pm did you feel any guilt for making the music reference of "heavy metal" when "lead" (an incorrect answer) was one of the choices, that led to two players missing it?
i only experienced (minor) guilt when that connection occurred to me for the first time while watching the episode today. while taping, i was just thinking, "say a thing about wishing it were a heavy metal round," without regard to the content of the question. i love heavy metal.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

mrbungle wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 pm mrbungle, is there a story with alastair? he was on last thursday and again today.

weirdly, we shot those episodes on the same day--a big day in game show history for accented alastairs!
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 pm did you feel any guilt for making the music reference of "heavy metal" when "lead" (an incorrect answer) was one of the choices, that led to two players missing it?
i only experienced (minor) guilt when that connection occurred to me for the first time while watching the episode today. while taping, i was just thinking, "say a thing about wishing it were a heavy metal round," without regard to the content of the question. i love heavy metal.
wow, thank you so much for the correction with the names coincidence i overlooked. i checked my recording of last week's game, saw a similar-looking guy with the same name while not bothering to play it enough to listen to the gentleman. lesson learned. it was obvious your only thought was doing a music reference and of course was not trying to mislead anyone. taping vs. viewing must bring about other things to realize that were not so obvious when you recorded it.

do you think of different one-liners for how a round played for you that you wished you had used?

congrats on two wins in a row vs. contestants and three in a row vs. fellow experts.
CasketRomance

Post by CasketRomance »

mrbungle wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 9:57 pm

was disappointed that cannibal corpse got no love as usual
mrbungle

Post by mrbungle »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:09 pm
do you think of different one-liners for how a round played for you that you wished you had used?

congrats on two wins in a row vs. contestants and three in a row vs. fellow experts.
thank you, MarkBarrett! :)

there are always a LOT of "wish-i'd-said"s. :)
in yesterday's game, in the AMERICAN WOMEN round, i was pretty happy with my prepared line: "i needed help with those questions like a fish needs a bicycle!", but then they asked me to try a different take 2. i thought the first one was pretty good!