Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9714
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Aug 16, 2019 8:45 pm

50 out of 65 games through August 16th:

Appearances by Expert:
Ken: 25
Muffy: 25
Ryan: 24
Jonathan: 21
Raj: 20
Arianna: 18
Susannah: 10
David: 7

Wins by Expert: (Best during first three rounds to face winning contestant)
Ken: 12
Muffy: 10
Ryan: 8
Arianna: 7
Jonathan: 5
Raj: 5
Susannah: 2
David: 1

$10,000 wins by Contestant:
Josh: 6/12 (against Muffy)
Jake: 6/18 (against Ken)
Miguel: 7/2 (against Ken)
Eric: 7/11 (against Arianna)
Chris: 7/16 (against Ryan)
John: 7/31 (against Ken)
John: 8/1 (against Susannah)
Sarah: 8/12 (against Ryan)

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 am

Apparently no one remembers the Mayflower episode of "It's America Charlie Brown". The characters clearly met Samoset first. :roll:
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1321 quizzes

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9714
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 am
Apparently no one remembers the Mayflower episode of "It's America Charlie Brown". The characters clearly met Samoset first. :roll:
Sg could know it a different way: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?g ... ht=samoset

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 am

Also surprised that Jonathan missed BASE jumping.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1321 quizzes

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1786
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:11 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:58 am
Also surprised that Jonathan missed BASE jumping.
I finally knocked "what BASE jumping stands for" off my "Stuff I should really learn" list. Not making B "bridge" was a really odd choice for whoever coined the acronym. (S is for "span", which means bridges. Why not "structure", meaning buildings? Who knows?)

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Aug 17, 2019 4:41 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 am
Apparently no one remembers the Mayflower episode of "It's America Charlie Brown". The characters clearly met Samoset first. :roll:
never saw it

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6327
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by seaborgium » Sat Aug 17, 2019 5:18 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:52 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Sat Aug 17, 2019 1:42 am
Apparently no one remembers the Mayflower episode of "It's America Charlie Brown". The characters clearly met Samoset first. :roll:
Sg could know it a different way: http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?g ... ht=samoset
That clue was briefly revealed prematurely. I only remembered seeing "Squanto" before it was hidden again, and I was surprised to see his name again when the clue was revealed under proper circumstances.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm

Sandy: We go across The United States riding the biggest, fastest roller coasters that exist.

Me: The world's fastest roller coaster is the Formula Rossa in Dubai.

Sandy: I will take Muffy because she beat The Beast on "The Chase".

Me: So did Raj.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1321 quizzes

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Aug 21, 2019 12:00 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm
Sandy: We go across The United States riding the biggest, fastest roller coasters that exist.

Me: The world's fastest roller coaster is the Formula Rossa in Dubai.

Sandy: I will take Muffy because she beat The Beast on "The Chase".

Me: So did Raj.

aren't you mr. smarty pants

User avatar
billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 671
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:56 pm
Location: Maine

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by billiej » Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:33 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm
Sandy: We go across The United States riding the biggest, fastest roller coasters that exist.

Me: The world's fastest roller coaster is the Formula Rossa in Dubai.

Sandy: I will take Muffy because she beat The Beast on "The Chase".

Me: So did Raj.
This is why I DVR and FF through the inane chit chat.

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:15 pm

billiej wrote:
Wed Aug 21, 2019 8:33 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Tue Aug 20, 2019 2:01 pm
Sandy: We go across The United States riding the biggest, fastest roller coasters that exist.

Me: The world's fastest roller coaster is the Formula Rossa in Dubai.

Sandy: I will take Muffy because she beat The Beast on "The Chase".

Me: So did Raj.
This is why I DVR and FF through the inane chit chat.
i do the same...but the 2nd one mentioned was leading into the round, so i didn't avoid it

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Thu Aug 22, 2019 1:23 am

Bryant's contestant chat about Cardi B was the best thing I ever saw in a while.

Another easy $10,000 gone to waste as Ken surprisingly misses Uranus and Catherine of Aragon. Any UK quizzers watching this would be pretty disappointed. Even Ken didn't know that Catherine of Aragon was originally married to Henry's brother Arthur. Sometimes, what the Experts know and don't know could surprise you.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1321 quizzes

OtriviaNewtonJon
Just Starting Out on JBoard
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2011 10:35 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by OtriviaNewtonJon » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:49 pm

Wow, my Jboard login still works! Don’t be surprised when Jonathan gets stuff wrong because despite winning a ton on several shows he actually doesn’t know that much. Really fun guy though, amirite?

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9714
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Aug 22, 2019 7:35 pm

Comments for 8/22 show:
Spoiler
Show
Ken quadrupled his total from the bonus round compared to yesterday.

Jonathan, nice to see you posting. You know plenty of trivia and are a deserved expert on the show even if Dave's wallet could have used a little more rocket knowledge.

It was great how excited and proud Sherri was on the reptile question she knew.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 am

I got all triple misses from contestants before choices came up. Except of course Horny Toad, but got it with choices. In fact, I got all except a few questions today without choices.

Only Lorna got Saturn V, which was definitely a surprise. On the recent Alpaca Farm quiz, I was the only person to miss that question, and I said SATURN leaving out the V.

Got all questions in the bonus round without choices except the last one as I was surprised it wasn't Hannibal. However, I have heard of Florida, Missouri so I went with that making a perfect game for me.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1321 quizzes

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Fri Aug 23, 2019 6:02 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Fri Aug 23, 2019 1:44 am
I got all triple misses from contestants before choices came up. Except of course Horny Toad, but got it with choices. In fact, I got all except a few questions today without choices.

Only Lorna got Saturn V, which was definitely a surprise. On the recent Alpaca Farm quiz, I was the only person to miss that question, and I said SATURN leaving out the V.

Got all questions in the bonus round without choices except the last one as I was surprised it wasn't Hannibal. However, I have heard of Florida, Missouri so I went with that making a perfect game for me.
why do you always have to post how well you did? you come across as an arrogant braggart....how about posting your alpaca scores, since you generally don't do well over there

User avatar
TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim
Posts: 7781
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by TenPoundHammer » Fri Aug 23, 2019 10:03 am

How has this show been on the air for three months and not even gotten an IMDb page? They have pages on Z-level YouTube shows, but not an actual cable show?
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9714
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Aug 23, 2019 7:42 pm

55 out of 65 games through August 23:

Appearances by Expert:
Ken: 29
Muffy: 28
Ryan: 25
Jonathan: 23
Raj: 23
Arianna: 19
Susannah: 11
David: 7

Wins by Expert: (Best during first three rounds to face winning contestant)
Ken: 14
Muffy: 10
Ryan: 8
Arianna: 7
Jonathan: 6
Raj: 6
Susannah: 3
David: 1

$10,000 wins by Contestant:
Josh: 6/12 (against Muffy)
Jake: 6/18 (against Ken)
Miguel: 7/2 (against Ken)
Eric: 7/11 (against Arianna)
Chris: 7/16 (against Ryan)
John: 7/31 (against Ken)
John: 8/1 (against Susannah)
Sarah: 8/12 (against Ryan)
Adam: 8/23 (against Jonathan)

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1154
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:43 am

Bryant: Well I thought Plato and Aristotle are a lot older.

Me: Actually, Pythagoras is older than Plato and Aristotle.

For the fastest serve question, as soon as the choices came up, I said that it must be Sabine Lisicki. A true trivia expert uses deductive reasoning during multiple choice. Since this is a specific feat question, you can't necessarily go for the obvious. If there is one name there you have never heard of in the answer choices, it is pretty likely that it is the right answer. You would think to yourself, "Why would they put that as an answer choice if it wasn't the correct answer?"

Also surprised only Debra knew the Filbert question.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.8k games
Alpaca Farm: 1321 quizzes

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2341
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Aug 28, 2019 8:45 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Wed Aug 28, 2019 1:43 am
Bryant: Well I thought Plato and Aristotle are a lot older.

Me: Actually, Pythagoras is older than Plato and Aristotle.

For the fastest serve question, as soon as the choices came up, I said that it must be Sabine Lisicki. A true trivia expert uses deductive reasoning during multiple choice. Since this is a specific feat question, you can't necessarily go for the obvious. If there is one name there you have never heard of in the answer choices, it is pretty likely that it is the right answer. You would think to yourself, "Why would they put that as an answer choice if it wasn't the correct answer?"

Also surprised only Debra knew the Filbert question.

you needed choices for that? was easy peasy without choices

Post Reply