Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2334
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:20 am

we need less muffy..worst of the panel imo

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6323
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by seaborgium » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:44 am

CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:20 am
we need less muffy..worst of the panel imo
Her results don't seem to bear out that assessment.

User avatar
alietr
Site Admin
Posts: 6661
Joined: Thu Jun 30, 2011 1:20 pm
Location: Bethesda, MD

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by alietr » Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 am

Anyone know if this is a limited run, or an ongoing series? I have some stacked up on the DVR and will probably watch a few, but it's not exactly Must Watch TV for me.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9706
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Sat Jun 29, 2019 10:01 am

alietr wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 7:09 am
Anyone know if this is a limited run, or an ongoing series? I have some stacked up on the DVR and will probably watch a few, but it's not exactly Must Watch TV for me.
13 weeks/65 episodes is what I'm pretty sure I read somewhere. That is probably typical for first seasons of GSN daily shows?

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2334
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:40 pm

seaborgium wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:44 am
CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:20 am
we need less muffy..worst of the panel imo
Her results don't seem to bear out that assessment.
didn't mean in terms of results

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns
Posts: 6323
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:31 am

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by seaborgium » Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:12 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:40 pm
seaborgium wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:44 am
CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Jun 29, 2019 4:20 am
we need less muffy..worst of the panel imo
Her results don't seem to bear out that assessment.
didn't mean in terms of results
of course you didn't

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:19 am

Today was an excellent episode for me. Instagets on almost every question in the game.

Apparently Ken didn't know that New Amsterdam was renamed New York in 1665.

Instaget on Subways. Boston- 1897, New York City- 1904

Groucho Marx's real name is a fact I have been bragging about ever since I was a sophomore in high school.

Knew the lottery question cold. It is mentioned in the WWTBAM Wii game as well as a World Record Almanac I enjoy reading. It also used to be a question in the Battle of the Brains topic on QuizUp.

Also knew Santa Fe before choices came up.

There was one question in the game though that I was not satisfied about. The question in which Netflix was launched in the same year Google became a domain name. I object to this answer. Netflix was launched in 1997. Google was launched in 1998(And it was originally called Back Rub.). If anyone wants to play defense attorney and say that the domain name has been around long before the company was founded, be my guest. ;)
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.7k games
Alpaca Farm: 1316 quizzes

teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1684
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by teapot37 » Wed Jul 03, 2019 10:51 am

The Google / Netflix question was correct as asked, but a little sneaky since the domain name was registered in September 1997 but didn't incorporate until September 1998.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9706
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Jul 03, 2019 7:38 pm

John Sutter was for suckers--all 7 of them on stage

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm

The current champion is the same Miguel who was on The Chase a few years back. He had the exact same story about that Quiz Bowl girl in college.

According to JayK33, he thinks it's www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294 but no confirmation.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.7k games
Alpaca Farm: 1316 quizzes

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1780
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:19 am

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm
The current champion is the same Miguel who was on The Chase a few years back. He had the exact same story about that Quiz Bowl girl in college.

According to JayK33, he thinks it's www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294 but no confirmation.
This looks like confirmation enough.

http://sandersroberts.com/sanders-rober ... w-network/

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9706
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 am

MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:19 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm
The current champion is the same Miguel who was on The Chase a few years back. He had the exact same story about that Quiz Bowl girl in college.

According to JayK33, he thinks it's www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294 but no confirmation.
This looks like confirmation enough.

http://sandersroberts.com/sanders-rober ... w-network/
I added a Chase line and BETS line for Miguel: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294

If some knows when he was on WWTBAM I can add one for that as well.

User avatar
cheezguyty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1042
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:19 am
Location: Louisville, KY

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by cheezguyty » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:58 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 am
I added a Chase line and BETS line for Miguel: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294

If some knows when he was on WWTBAM I can add one for that as well.
Miguel won $1,000 on Who Wants to Be a Millionaire on 2003-04-16.

User avatar
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 1780
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:53 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MinnesotaMyron » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:00 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:32 am
MinnesotaMyron wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:19 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Wed Jul 03, 2019 11:24 pm
The current champion is the same Miguel who was on The Chase a few years back. He had the exact same story about that Quiz Bowl girl in college.

According to JayK33, he thinks it's www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294 but no confirmation.
This looks like confirmation enough.

http://sandersroberts.com/sanders-rober ... w-network/
I added a Chase line and BETS line for Miguel: http://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=7294

If some knows when he was on WWTBAM I can add one for that as well.
This less-than-official page has him winning $1000 on 4/16/03.

http://www.angelfire.com/tv2/upn62/winners-dt8rz.html

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9706
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:08 am

Both guys agree, so done. Thanks.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9706
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 pm

What kind of nonsense was this question in the bonus round?

According to recent studies, which of these numbers do people tend to view as feminine, as opposed to masculine?
44
197
3

Answer and comments:
Spoiler
Show
The contestant missed with 3 while the expert was correct with 44. Thankfully, this is first of this kind of dumb question I recall seeing in 19 episodes and hopefully the last. I guessed right for a silly reason of 44 sounding like part of a woman's measurements.

The contestant still had a chance on Q5 and blew it by having France as the country for the Battle of Waterloo. Any of the experts would know it's Belgium and any contestant that dreams of winning the $10,000 and returning needs to know that as well.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:48 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:38 pm
What kind of nonsense was this question in the bonus round?

According to recent studies, which of these numbers do people tend to view as feminine, as opposed to masculine?
44
197
3

Answer and comments:
Spoiler
Show
The contestant missed with 3 while the expert was correct with 44. Thankfully, this is first of this kind of dumb question I recall seeing in 19 episodes and hopefully the last. I guessed right for a silly reason of 44 sounding like part of a woman's measurements.

The contestant still had a chance on Q5 and blew it by having France as the country for the Battle of Waterloo. Any of the experts would know it's Belgium and any contestant that dreams of winning the $10,000 and returning needs to know that as well.
That is a question that should be on "Divided" or "Common Knowledge".
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.7k games
Alpaca Farm: 1316 quizzes

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9706
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Jul 05, 2019 10:41 pm

20 games through July 5th.

Appearances by Expert:
Muffy: 12
Ken: 11
Ryan: 10
Raj: 8
Arianna: 7
Jonathan: 7
David: 3
Susannah: 2

Wins by Expert: (Best during first three rounds to face winning contestant)
Muffy: 7
Ken: 5
Arianna: 2
Ryan: 2
David: 1
Jonathan: 1
Raj: 1
Susannah: 1

$10,000 wins by Contestant:
Josh: 6/12 (against Muffy)
Jake: 6/18 (against Ken)
Miguel: 7/2 (against Ken)

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1150
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm

Arianna got 0/4 clues correct in the Scotland category. This is the first time that has ever happened on the show.

For Ryan, the Ancient Olympics were banned by emperor Theodosius I in 393 A. D. 1896 - 393 == 1503
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 129.7k games
Alpaca Farm: 1316 quizzes

User avatar
mrbungle
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 461
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by mrbungle » Wed Jul 10, 2019 2:50 pm

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Tue Jul 09, 2019 2:39 pm
For Ryan, the Ancient Olympics were banned by emperor Theodosius I in 393 A. D. 1896 - 393 == 1503
thank you, LucarioSnooperVixey!

Post Reply