Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

User avatar
mrbungle
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by mrbungle » Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:58 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 10:48 pm
was disappointed that cannibal corpse got no love as usual
i considered namechecking other bands, but you kind of just have to go with the vanilla when you are trying to connect with as many people as possible. :(

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9397
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Jul 19, 2019 8:27 pm

30 games through July 19

Appearances by Expert:
Ken: 16
Ryan: 16
Muffy: 15
Jonathan: 12
Raj: 12
Arianna: 11
Susannah: 5
David: 3

Wins by Expert: (Best during first three rounds to face winning contestant)
Ken: 9
Muffy: 7
Ryan: 5
Arianna: 4
Raj: 2
David: 1
Jonathan: 1
Susannah: 1

$10,000 wins by Contestant:
Josh: 6/12 (against Muffy)
Jake: 6/18 (against Ken)
Miguel: 7/2 (against Ken)
Eric: 7/11 (against Arianna)
Chris: 7/16 (against Ryan)

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Fri Jul 19, 2019 11:49 pm

And unsurprisingly, no one knew who Ignaz Semmelweis was. It is literally one of the things in which he is best known for. Was also surprised to see Jonathan miss Alessandro Volta earlier this week.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 127.1k games
Alpaca Farm: 1270 quizzes
Sporcle: 5,561 quizzes
...and still quizzing

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9397
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm

xxaaaxx wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:08 pm
The whole "beat the experts three times and join the team" bit seems utterly hopeless.
On the 7/22 show:
SpoilerShow
The contestant managed a 4-4 tie to face the Ultimate Trivia Question.

(Not exact wording) Is a velocipede a dinosaur, tricycle or caterpillar? The contestant went for the caterpillar. :roll: That's one way to throw away $9000. Ouch, that tricycle was not named to get the full $10,000 and return visit tomorrow.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Tue Jul 23, 2019 1:26 am

MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2019 7:54 pm
xxaaaxx wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:08 pm
The whole "beat the experts three times and join the team" bit seems utterly hopeless.
On the 7/22 show:
SpoilerShow
The contestant managed a 4-4 tie to face the Ultimate Trivia Question.

(Not exact wording) Is a velocipede a dinosaur, tricycle or caterpillar? The contestant went for the caterpillar. :roll: That's one way to throw away $9000. Ouch, that tricycle was not named to get the full $10,000 and return visit tomorrow.
Did Todd watch the Jeopardy! All-Star Games? http://www.j-archive.com/showgame.php?game_id=6228
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 127.1k games
Alpaca Farm: 1270 quizzes
Sporcle: 5,561 quizzes
...and still quizzing

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Wed Jul 24, 2019 4:04 pm

did joe namath try to kiss someone again? haven't seen his commercial, that usually airs around the 16 minute mark, so far this week

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm

Apparently Tzolkin is another name for the MAYAN calendar, which is what I thought before the choices came up. Now why didn't they put in Mayan as the answer choice. Could it be because the writers wanted to have a hysterical universal miss? Even Raj went wrong on this question. :?
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 127.1k games
Alpaca Farm: 1270 quizzes
Sporcle: 5,561 quizzes
...and still quizzing

User avatar
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by teapot37 » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:40 pm

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Apparently Tzolkin is another name for the MAYAN calendar, which is what I thought before the choices came up. Now why didn't they put in Mayan as the answer choice. Could it be because the writers wanted to have a hysterical universal miss? Even Raj went wrong on this question. :?
I mean, if this board game that I've played quite a few times is to be believed:

Image
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9397
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:52 pm

35 games through July 26:

Appearances by Expert:
Ryan: 19
Ken: 18
Muffy: 17
Arianna: 14
Jonathan: 14
Raj: 14
Susannah: 5
David: 4

Wins by Expert: (Best during first three rounds to face winning contestant)
Ken: 9
Muffy: 8
Ryan: 7
Arianna: 6
Raj: 2
David: 1
Jonathan: 1
Susannah: 1

$10,000 wins by Contestant:
Josh: 6/12 (against Muffy)
Jake: 6/18 (against Ken)
Miguel: 7/2 (against Ken)
Eric: 7/11 (against Arianna)
Chris: 7/16 (against Ryan)

******
The question that made me laugh was the editor one as I knew at least one player would bite on Woodward. Sumerian for me joining the players, experts and Sherri to give it 8 wrongs.

User avatar
mrbungle
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by mrbungle » Fri Jul 26, 2019 10:32 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 7:52 pm
Sumerian for me joining the players, experts and Sherri to give it 8 wrongs.
it did not help that, in the moment, i miscalculated 13x20 as the sumerianly sexagesimal 360. :oops:

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:22 pm

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Apparently Tzolkin is another name for the MAYAN calendar, which is what I thought before the choices came up. Now why didn't they put in Mayan as the answer choice. Could it be because the writers wanted to have a hysterical universal miss? Even Raj went wrong on this question. :?
why mention him? is he immune from missing questions? from what the stats show he has 2 wins in 14 appearances, so he misses with regularity

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:28 pm

looks like gsn brought back the joe namath commercial this week...though it started at the 15 minute mark instead of the usual 17 minute mark

User avatar
teapot37
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:02 pm
Location: Louisville KY

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by teapot37 » Tue Jul 30, 2019 4:52 pm

CasketRomance wrote:
Sat Jul 27, 2019 6:22 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Fri Jul 26, 2019 4:57 pm
Apparently Tzolkin is another name for the MAYAN calendar, which is what I thought before the choices came up. Now why didn't they put in Mayan as the answer choice. Could it be because the writers wanted to have a hysterical universal miss? Even Raj went wrong on this question. :?
why mention him? is he immune from missing questions? from what the stats show he has 2 wins in 14 appearances, so he misses with regularity
Not necessarily. The first round has an extra question, so if the expert playing in round one gets all their questions, they will play in the bonus round, regardless of how well the other experts perform.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.

User avatar
mrbungle
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 458
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:22 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by mrbungle » Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:41 pm

the determination of who plays in the final round is based on how each expert did on all ten questions during the first three rounds (we are all playing along on tablets), not just the one round in which we are featured.

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:44 pm

mrbungle wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 5:41 pm
the determination of who plays in the final round is based on how each expert did on all ten questions during the first three rounds (we are all playing along on tablets), not just the one round in which we are featured.
that is correct

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 1903
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by CasketRomance » Tue Jul 30, 2019 8:45 pm

not a fan of the walk of fame star question in today's game...i said stanley kramer before the choices were given and was like "wtf" when he wasn't an option....woodward being the first is a myth

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:06 am

I am probably not the only one who noticed tonight's final round was Raj vs. Niraj. It is "The Raj Duet"! :lol:
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 127.1k games
Alpaca Farm: 1270 quizzes
Sporcle: 5,561 quizzes
...and still quizzing

User avatar
plasticene
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 389
Joined: Mon Jul 04, 2011 2:32 pm

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by plasticene » Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:14 am

Today's episode featured Jeopardy! Kids Week alum Madeline Suchard

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 9397
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by MarkBarrett » Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 am

plasticene wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:14 am
Today's episode featured Jeopardy! Kids Week alum Madeline Suchard
Relying on your intel I gave Madeline a line on her J! bio. Niraj got one as well.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Sharp As A Tack
Posts: 959
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Fun with GSN's "Best Ever Trivia Show" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey » Wed Jul 31, 2019 12:42 pm

MarkBarrett wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 10:21 am
plasticene wrote:
Wed Jul 31, 2019 1:14 am
Today's episode featured Jeopardy! Kids Week alum Madeline Suchard
Relying on your intel I gave Madeline a line on her J! bio. Niraj got one as well.
When was Niraj on the show?
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 127.1k games
Alpaca Farm: 1270 quizzes
Sporcle: 5,561 quizzes
...and still quizzing

Post Reply