FJs for the 7/22/19 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, dhkendall, trainman, econgator

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 7/22/19 week?

Poll runs till Sun Oct 20, 2019 7:47 pm

David Livingstone wrote of this discovery of his, "Scenes so lovely must have been gazed upon by angels in their flight"
74%
The prototype for this game that was introduced in 1948 was called Lexico
90%
This author & illustrator who won the 1964 Caldecott Medal was dubbed the "Picasso of children's books"
51%
Rolling Stone said this 1976 album had “the best & worst tendencies of L.A.-situated rock” & was an “unflattering portrait of the milieu”
62%
215 passengers were rescued when it sank in July 1918, about 500 fewer than it had rescued 6 years earlier
56%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: I checked all five above.
21%
:( :( :( :( :( I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
SEAS $400 [DD]: The ruins of Qumran, including some notable caves, overlook its northwest shore
47%
"P" IS FOR SCIENCE $2000: It's the astronomic term for the point in the Moon's orbit when it's nearest the Earth
73%
INFAMOUS WOMEN $1600: Splish, splash, this French Revolution leader was taking a bath when Charlotte Corday stabbed him to death in 1793
65%
Lake Victoria was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
7%
Eric Carle was my incorrect guess for the Wednesday FJ! clue.
12%
Shel Silverstein was my incorrect guess for the Wednesday FJ! clue.
9%
I missed the Friday FJ! clue with Carpathian or may have written it incorrectly.
4%
I am certain I saw, or will have seen prior to Sept. 9th, all 230 games of Season 35.
38%
I am in the pool to be selected as a contestant for Season 36, waiting for my phone to ring.
15%

Total votes: 99

seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Re: FJs for the 7/22/19 week

Post by seaborgium » Thu Aug 01, 2019 6:50 pm

Robert K S wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 4:09 pm
It's not quite as helpful an option, but there's always site:jboard.tv seaborgium week as a Google search.
Better to search for "week" as "intitle:week"; otherwise you'd get any page on which I posted where anyone also used the word "week." The "not quite as helpful" part is that the results aren't in chronological order (Google would at least allow searching for the date, but I would have to go through one week at a time. My attempts to put an asterisk in the middle of the date to find months didn't fly with them for some reason). Searching "mrgreen" on the board gets the job done perfectly for me.