Friday, February 10, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Friday, February 10, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 am

Game Recap for Show #6310, 2012-02-10

2012 College Championship semifinal game 3.

CONTESTANTS
Connie Shi, a junior at the University of Michigan from Okemos, Michigan
Zack Terrill, a senior at Vanderbilt University from Winter Springs, Florida
Matt Olson, a sophomore at Stanford University from Berkeley, California

OPENING REMARKS
Alex:
Thank you, Johnny.
Thank you, ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to "Jeopardy!"--Which, as you know, is a game of answers and questions.
But there is one question that is being formulated right now by many of our viewers, and that is, will this be the year when they have three females in the finals?
Sarah and Monica have qualified already.
It's a possibility for Connie, but Zack and Matt will have to, uh, perform well to stop her.
Let's see what happens.
Good luck.

JEOPARDY! ROUND CATEGORIES
HISTORIC TRANSPORTS (4/5)
POTPOURRI (5/5)
PRE-COLUMBIAN AMERICANS (5/5)
SUPERHERO MOVIES (5/5)
SHH! LIBRARIANS (5/5, including 1 correct Daily Double)
"K" IS FOR... (5/5)

THE RIGHTS & THE WRONGS
Connie: 12 R (including 1 rebound and 1 DD), 1 W
Zack: 10 R (including 1 rebound), 2 W
Matt: 8 R (including 2 rebounds), 1 W

Clues revealed: 30
Triple Stumpers: 1
Jeopardy! Round Potential Lach Trash: $800

SCORES AT THE FIRST BREAK
Zack: $3,800
Connie: $3,200
Matt: $2,200

CONTESTANT INTERVIEWS

Alex:
Now you have performed surgeries on mice. How many?

Connie:
Yes, uh, over 50, but probably more than that.
Um, I work in a breast cancer research laboratory
at the University of Michigan, and part of my work involves dissecting them and extracting mammary glands and, uh, breast tumors.

Alex:
Mammary glands?

Connie:
Yeah.

Alex:
Gosh. Okay. All right.

Alex:
Zack Terrill, major in chemistry and philosophy, and... public relations cochair for the school's alternative spring break, which means what?

Zack:
Oh, alternative spring break, it's basically, rather than going on, like, the normal spring break,
um, we send Vanderbilt students across the country and internationally to do service projects,
deal with health things, um, homel--ugh--homelessness and poverty.
Uh, this year, I'm actually going to Montreal, Canada, to work with, um, homeless youth.

Alex:
Okay, good for you.

Zack:
Thanks.

Alex:
Matt Olson, major in symbolic systems. I don't know what that is.

Matt:
Well, it's kind of unique to Stanford, but it's basically a combination of computer science and neuro science.
So looking at intersections in the ways computers and human minds process and use information.
So artificial intelligence applications, like supercomputers that can play "Jeopardy!"
And that kinda thing.

Alex:
Like Watson.

Matt:
For example, that one.

Alex:
Okay. Good.
Well, all three of you,
doing wonderful things.

JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
Connie found the Daily Double on the 22nd clue. Matt had $2,600, Zack had $5,000, and Connie was at $4,200. Connie wagered $1,200.

SHH! LIBRARIANS $400: As an assistant librarian at Peking University in 1919, he read up on Communist theory

TRIPLE STUMPERS IN THE JEOPARDY! ROUND
HISTORIC TRANSPORTS $800: Accidentally sunk in 1996, this research ship of Jacques Cousteau is being completely & greenly refurbished
(Alex: And that would be the famous [*].)

SCORES AT THE END OF THE JEOPARDY! ROUND
Connie: $7,200
Zack: $4,600
Matt: $4,200

Archivists
Fan-created archive of games and players

Re: Friday, February 10, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion [SPOILERS]

Post by Archivists » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:30 am

DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND CATEGORIES
VOLCANOES (4/5, including 1 correct Daily Double)
COLLEGE BEFORE & AFTER (4/5)
EPONYMS (4/5, including 1 missed Daily Double)
EUROPEAN HISTORY (5/5)
POETIC CHARACTERS (2/5)
THE 54th GRAMMY AWARDS (4/5) (Alex: [*] will be on air this Sunday, and we have an entire category about nominees in the Grammys

THE RIGHTS & THE WRONGS
Matt: 13 R (including 1 rebound and 1 DD), 2 W (including 1 DD)
Zack: 7 R, 1 W
Connie: 3 R, 1 W

Clues revealed: 30
Triple Stumpers: 6
Double Jeopardy! Round Potential Lach Trash: $7,600

FIRST DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
Matt snagged the next Daily Double on the 5th clue. Matt had $5,800, Zack had $5,000, and Connie was at $8,000. Matt wagered $2,200.

VOLCANOES $1600: In 1944 Allied forces in Italy had to evacuate an airfield when ash from this volcano damaged planes

SECOND DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND DAILY DOUBLE
It was Matt who snatched up the last Daily Double of the game on the 26th clue. Matt had $18,000, Zack had $10,200, and Connie was at $8,800. Matt wagered $6,000.

EPONYMS $1600: Both a horse race & a man's hat are named for Edward Stanley, 12th earl of this
(Matt: What is Belmont?)

TRIPLE STUMPERS IN THE DOUBLE JEOPARDY! ROUND
VOLCANOES $2000: Mount Aso on this southernmost main island of Japan is the nation's most active, with 160+ eruptions in the last 1,500 years
(Connie: What is Honshu?)

COLLEGE BEFORE & AFTER $1200: Rick Perry's alma mater adds the name of an Indian-American movie director

THE 54th GRAMMY AWARDS $1200: Brian Setzer, nominated for "Setzer Goes Instru-Mental", long ago sang "Sexy & 17" for this "feline" band

POETIC CHARACTERS $1600: "I 'ope you liked your drink", says this helpful Kipling character before he dies; he's "a better man than I am"

POETIC CHARACTERS $1200: Shakespeare wrote about Adonis; Shelley portrayed Keats as this "gentle child"
(Matt: Who is Venus?)

POETIC CHARACTERS $400: e.e. cummings began a poem this Western bison hunter & showman is "defunct"

SCORES ENTERING FINAL JEOPARDY!
Matt: $13,200
Zack: $11,800
Connie: $8,800

FINAL JEOPARDY! CATEGORY
ANCIENT QUOTATIONS

VENUSIAN MONOLOGUES/MARTIAN CHRONICLES
Four-fifths for first place.
Matt: Wager $10,401 to cover Zack.
Zack: You're faced with a legitimate choice in strategy. You can either choose to cover Connie, hoping that you give the correct response and Matt doesn't, in which case you'll want to wager $5,801 to cover Connie's doubled score, but no more than $9,000 if you want to top Matt on a Triple Stumper; or bet up to $2,999 and win if both Matt and Connie miss Final.
Connie: If you think Zack is going to wager to cover you, try wagering less than $2,800 to beat Matt and Zack on the Triple Stumper; or, if you think Zack is going to wager small in hopes of a Triple Stumper, wager between $3,001 (venusian, to top a $0 wager by Zack) and $8,800 (martian, which may win in some cases but may also risk dropping you from second to third place if you get Final wrong).

FINAL JEOPARDY! CLUE
When Byzantine Emperor Justinian completed Hagia Sophia, he declared, this king, "I have surpassed thee"

FINAL SCORES
Connie: $8,800 - $8,798 = $2 (Who is CONSTANTINE?) (3rd place: $10,000)
Zack: $11,800 - $7,000 = $4,800 (Who is Midas?) (Finalist)
Matt: $13,200 - $10,401 = $2,799 (Who is Ozymandias) (2nd place: $10,000)
[Zerg cam]

Total Potential Lach Trash: $8,400

GAME DYNAMICS

CORYAT SCORES
Matt: $18,600, 21 R (including 1 DD), 3 W (including 1 DD)
Zack: $11,800, 17 R, 3 W
Connie: $8,000, 15 R (including 1 DD), 2 W
Combined Coryat: $38,400

BATTING AVERAGES
Matt: 21/60 = .350
Zack: 17/58 = .293
Connie: 15/59 = .254
Team: 53/63 = .841

MISCELLANEOUS INTERESTING CLUES
POTPOURRI $200: Spend a night in the hotel destroyed every April in this type of dwelling

SUPERHERO MOVIES $1000: James McAvoy (with hair) & Patrick Stewart (not so much) have both played this X-men leader
(Connie: Who is Dr. Xavier)
(Alex: [*] but not Doctor.)
[Connie's repsonse later ruled correct]

"K" IS FOR... $600: This instrument heard here
(Alex: Yes, that's got a "K.")

PRE-COLUMBIAN AMERICANS $1000: In the 15th Century the Inca conquered the Chimu Empire & moved its people to this capital
(Connie: What is Machu Picchu?)

POTPOURRI $400: He was 11 days shy of 90 when he announced his retirement from the Supreme Court in 2010
(Zack: Who is Rehnquist?)

HISTORIC TRANSPORTS $600: The Battle of Trafalgar is commemorated aboard the Victory, the restored flagship of this admiral
(Matt: Who is Cromwell?)

HISTORIC TRANSPORTS $1000: A mortally wounded James Lawrence was referring to the USS Chesapeake when he issued this order
(Zack: What is "Damn the torpedoes?")

EPONYMS $400: A temperature scale is named for this Swede who simplified Fahrenheit's scale
(Zach: Who is Kelvin?)

CORRECT RESPONSES
Mao (Tse-Tung)
Calypso
Vesuvius
Derby
Kyushu
Texas A & M. Night Shyamalan
The Stray Cats
Gunga Din
Adonias
Buffalo Bill
King Solomon
an igloo
Professor (Charles) X(avier)
a kettle drum
Cuzco
(John Paul) Stevens
(Lord) Nelson
Don't give up the ship
Celsius

stumpy
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Re: Friday, February 10, 2012 Game Recap & Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by stumpy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:19 pm

Who do you think will win todays game?

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by jeff6286 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 5:21 pm

stumpy wrote:Who do you think will win todays game?
I think Matt will probably have the lead, and have a chance to make it a lock with a late Daily Double, but I feel he may come up empty on the DD, leaving it a 3-horse race heading into Final Jeopardy. With proper wagering, I wouldn't be surprised to see the 3rd place player eke out the win on a tough FJ triple stumper.

(Later edit)

Wow, I wasn't too far off with that oddly specific prediction.

Ancient Quotations
When Byzantine Emperor Justinian completed Hagia Sophia, he declared, this king, "I have surpassed thee."
Spoiler
Show
Who is Solomon? Connie said Constantine; Zack said Midas; Matt said Ozymandias.
Matt Olson(Stanford ): $13,200-$10,401=$2,799
Zack Terrill (Vanderbilt): $11,800-$7,000=$4,800
Connie Shi (Michigan): $8,800-$8,798=$2
Last edited by jeff6286 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

goforthetie
(username no longer operative)

Post by goforthetie » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:12 pm

FYI, very few people visit the daily thread before they've watched the episode, so you're not going to get many takers on questions like that.

I'm not surprised that FJ proved difficult for our contestants, but for none of them to even think Biblical? Oof. I guess most of them didn't know that Hagia Sophia is/was a cathedral. (Maybe Connie did?) I was expecting David as tasty neg bait, but it went uneaten.

Fun game. Loved Matt's large wager on the first DD in DJ (the category had been dead easy up until then, for one thing), but he may have done himself in with his unnecessarily large wager on the second. I'd have to double check the numbers on that, though...

Jacobson00
Contributor

Post by Jacobson00 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:14 pm

Maybe the jeopardy people can somehow delay matt's buzz button. Ok just kidding. Well based on 1/4 matt is favorite but anything can happen (see 1st semi). It will be so cool if connie makes it.pressure on her

PlayerWM86
Contributor

Post by PlayerWM86 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 6:51 pm

Long-time lurker since LulzSec took down the old boards, but at times when I was thinking about posting, I got nervous and decided to skip it.

While it may be cool to have an all-female final, I'm still a little scared of Matt after his first game and he ended up with $40,000. It seems every time I come back from multi-tasking or whatever to see FJ!, I get a replay of Aaron Schroeder from Season 24 (someone I find threatening or cool-looking (or who I think could be potentially dominating) and I think is mathematically eliminated is suddenly leading going into FJ! and eventually wins). It's even happened to me when watching other shows like Wheel of Fortune and The Price is Right where someone I find threatening or cool-looking (Weston Gardner from TPiR Season 39, for example) and don't pay a lot of attention to ends up winning the upfront game, and in both cases, wins either the bonus round or the Showcase. Maybe I'm just cursed with bad luck. I don't want to jinx anything, though. I think it's either bad luck or me having gray hair which some people say brings good luck and to me, it causes something like this.

Anyways, good luck to all three! Here's to an epic final!
Last edited by PlayerWM86 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Avid J! watcher since 1989 & failing at J! video games since 1995.

heelsrule1988
Sports Jeopardy! Alum/VVL #19

Post by heelsrule1988 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:28 pm

Two ZergCam shots in one week? I'm feeling the love. :D

SkoolRN
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by SkoolRN » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:32 pm

goforthetie wrote:FYI, very few people visit the daily thread before they've watched the episode, so you're not going to get many takers on questions like that.

I'm not surprised that FJ proved difficult for our contestants, but for none of them to even think Biblical? Oof. I guess most of them didn't know that Hagia Sophia is/was a cathedral. (Maybe Connie did?) I was expecting David as tasty neg bait, but it went uneaten.

Fun game. Loved Matt's large wager on the first DD in DJ (the category had been dead easy up until then, for one thing), but he may have done himself in with his unnecessarily large wager on the second. I'd have to double check the numbers on that, though...
I did know it's a cathedral and after thinking Midas? Croesus? did a face slap and came up with Solomon.
"Lefthanders have more enthusiasm for life. They sleep on the wrong side of the bed and their head gets more stagnant on that side."
Casey Stengel.

xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:33 pm

Things I learned today:
-Alex sure knows how to jinx 'em
-Macadamia is somehow a 2k clue when spotted Hawaiian nut :roll:
-We have raised a generation of children that doesn't know that Cousteau's ship was the Calypso...my inner child weeps.

Tough break for Matt, missing that derby DD. I hesitated, because I thought for a second they wanted an actual race like Preakness/Belmont, but the bit about the hat sealed it.

Solving tonight's FJ made me feel better about missing last night's. I almost said Constantine, then 20 seconds in I (FINALLY) asked myself why Justinian would say he surpassed a king by building a cathedral, then the light bulb came on.

So much for my "Matt is the favorite" prediction. Should be a high-scoring final.

Pantagruel
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Pantagruel » Fri Feb 10, 2012 7:48 pm

This is Matt from tonight's game. This is probably the only post I'll do here, but I thought I'd share my two cents for the sake of catharsis.

I was much more nervous in the semis than in the quarters, and I think that threw off my buzzer timing early on. Zack and Connie also seemed pretty fast. I settled down a bit in DJ, but I never felt dialed in like I was in my first game.

Venus was obviously a ridiculous response for the Adonais clue. (I do know Keats was male.) I was certain I knew the correct response, but I couldn't figure out what it was, and I was so excited about finally getting a Shakespeare clue that I just named the other character from his poem. If the clue had mentioned Shelley "eulogizing" Keats, I would have made the Adonais association immediately. Oh well. A $2400 swing or even a $1200 swing for clamming might have made the difference, but who knows how Zack and Connie would have wagered in FJ.

I've never heard of derby hats in my life, but I feel like I'm in the minority in not thinking that response was obvious. The wording of "A horse race" vs. "a TYPE OF hat" led me to think I needed a specific horse race. My thought process for that clue was "Okay, let's think of the horse races we know. Kentucky Derby hat? That doesn't make sense. Belmont hat? Preakness hat? Belmont sounds more like an earldom. Okay, let's go with that." I think my wager was sound. I was looking for a lock game, and if I'd gotten it right, $6000 would have done that but $4000 wouldn't have. And even getting it wrong, I wound up ahead going into FJ, though obviously not by enough. I could have played it safe and wagered $1000 or so, trying to keep Zack below 2/3 going into FJ, but I really wanted the game decided before then.

One thing I didn't notice until my sister pointed it out was that Zack and Connie both wound up getting $1000 for the Professor X clue after the judges initially ruled Connie wrong. Again, different scores, different wagering, who knows. Just goes to show how these games can hinge on so many small things going one way or the other. I mean, if the Scholastic editions of Harry Potter had Americanized "bowler hat," I might be $90000 richer right now.

I was really glad that the FJ category was Ancient Quotations. I love Latin and Greek, and I figured I'd be able to recognize things from Confucius, the Bhagavad Gita, the Bible, etc. Then when it wanted a king, the only reasonable ones I could think of were Egyptian and Babylonian. I went with Ozymandias for "king of kings / Look on my works, ye mighty, and despair" (Shelley still on my mind, perhaps), but that obviously became famous long after Justinian. Biblical kings didn't occur to me at all, though the connection to Solomon building a temple might have if I'd had a few minutes to think about it. As far as my FJ wager, I would probably do the same thing again, given the category. I thought it was much more likely that both Zack and I would get it right than that we'd both get it wrong, mostly because I was about 80% sure I'd get it. If we'd both gotten it, Zack had doubled up, and I had under-wagered, I'd be kicking myself for the rest of my life. If it had been a more neutral category I might have been shoretegic, but I'm not sure I'd have been brave enough, especially given what happened in the first semifinal.

I think the main thing I learned from being on the show rather than watching at home is just how much of a role chance plays in determining the outcome. Of course, that just makes guys like Ken and Brad even more impressive, but I bet if you ran this tournament five times you'd get five different winners. If the "magazine" FJ had come in the third quarterfinal, two of our three finalists probably wouldn't even have made it to the semis. If Weston and I had played each other in the first game, one of us probably would have been eliminated. And on and on…

Anyway, life goes on. Hope I didn't come off as too gripey. I'd be lying if I said it doesn't rankle that I beat one of the finalists by $24000, but it was an awesome experience. It's hard to justify complaining when you get $10000 for an hour of knowing stupid things and pushing a button. Congratulations to Monica, Sarah, and Zack, and good luck to all in the finals. Can't wait to see who wins! ;)
Last edited by Pantagruel on Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim

Post by TenPoundHammer » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:05 pm

DJ! was just a mess for me. I got 4/5 in Eponyms (lost the coin toss on Celsius/Kelvin — why is it I ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS pick the wrong one between a mere two choices?!?!) but only got 3 others in the entire round (including Lach Trash on Buffalo Bill).

Once again, a superheroes category. Yawn. Who watches these superhero movies? They all look the same to me: BORING.

And once again, I can't even muster up a decent WAG on FJ! The Burger King. King Harkinian from the Legend of Zelda CD-i games. King Julien.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

DBear

Post by DBear » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:27 pm

Why on earth would we think Biblical? Hagia Sophia means "Holy Wisdom", which for me compared to the Library of Alexandria, thus my guess of Alexander the Great.

DBear

Post by DBear » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:31 pm

To a Civilization IV player, Charlemagne is the Burger King.

alamble

Post by alamble » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:35 pm

DBear wrote:Why on earth would we think Biblical? Hagia Sophia means "Holy Wisdom", which for me compared to the Library of Alexandria, thus my guess of Alexander the Great.
Because, as previously noted, the Hagia Sophia is a cathedral. Or was, at least, since it's now a museum.

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle » Fri Feb 10, 2012 8:53 pm

alamble wrote:
DBear wrote:Why on earth would we think Biblical? Hagia Sophia means "Holy Wisdom", which for me compared to the Library of Alexandria, thus my guess of Alexander the Great.
Because, as previously noted, the Hagia Sophia is a cathedral.
But that fact only occurs to you if you, like, know it.

Am I wrong in thinking Connie's best wager was attrition? Let the two closely packed leaders fight it out stand pat on her 8k. She needs a solo get or TS to win anyway, so stand back and see what happen.
2 bucks wasn't gonna win against the leader's losing wager.

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm

I honestly had no earthly idea what Hagia Sophia was, what era that Emperor lived in (like, not a clue within 500 years), or what king he might have been referencing. I considered Julius Caesar, Constantine, (I think I may have somewhat subconsciously made the Constantinople->Istanbul connection, as Connie likely did) Alexander the Great, and maybe Charlemagne. Then I thought, wait, are those Emperors or Kings? I think all three would be more widely known as emperors than kings, although it could be that they could be considered both. At this point, I had completely forgotten about the "Ancient" part of the category name, so going biblical never even occurred to me. I think when I saw Byzantine Empire I was thinking Ottoman Empire, so I was thinking more 2nd millenium than 1st, so as time was running out I just tried to think of anyone that was an actual king that I thought might have some remote chance of being correct: "Henry VIII, Richard III, William the Conqueror, Peter the Great, wait, is a Czar the same as a King?" Finally, as time was running out, i wrote down "Who is Louis XIV?", with very little hope of it being correct. I was only off by what, 1500 years and a couple thousand miles?
xxaaaxx wrote:Things I learned today:
-Macadamia is somehow a 2k clue when spotted Hawaiian nut :roll:

Tough break for Matt, missing that derby DD. I hesitated, because I thought for a second they wanted an actual race like Preakness/Belmont, but the bit about the hat sealed it.
There were two $2,000 clues that I thought were severely overvalued, or at least had way too much TOM in the clue for that value. Macadamia, which you mentioned, spotted Hawaiian nut, and Spoon River, when spotted "Edgar Lee Masters Anthology". When the category was Poetic Characters, it seems odd to have the supposedly toughest clue being, essentially, "Here's the name of a character in a famous work. Now here's the name of the author and one of the 3 words in the title. Can you give us the other two?"

When I first saw the DD clue, my initial thought was Stetson, as a hat that could be named after someone. Then I said "Earl of Stetson" to myself and didn't like the sound of it, so after reconsidering the horse race part of the clue, I quickly named the 3 Triple Crown races, and the word Derby sounded right as a race and a hat. Earl of Derby didn't sound much better than Earl of Stetson, but it sounded good enough to me. I was torn between wanting to see Matt solve it, so we could see just how good he might be in the finals and possibly down the line, the TOC, or getting to see a competitive 3-way Final Jeopardy reveal.

I felt awful for Zack saying Kelvin instead of Celsius on the 59th clue, because he seemed to realize his mistake almost immediately, and if he had gotten the final clue of the game, he would have had the lead going into FJ. As it turned out, he had no clue on the final clue, Poetry for $400, as he even put his buzzer down before time was up. Just think, had he solved those last two clues to lead after DJ, it would have cost him the game, as he would have (presumably) had to bet nearly all of his money with a slim lead over Matt.

Two questions from the "K" category: Did anyone else expect to hear a kazoo when the clue indicated "the instrument heard here"? I was greatly disappointed when the kettle drum began beating, but still glad to immediately think of the correct response. Can someone with more medical knowledge than myself tell me if ketoacidosis could have been acceptable for ketosis. The two appear to be somewhat related, as they are both mentioned on each other's Wikpedia pages, but I'm having a hard time deciphering the language on those pages to tell if one is a type of the other, or how exactly they are related, so I'm not sure if ketoacidosis would have been too specific, not specific enough, or just plain wrong.
Last edited by jeff6286 on Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:00 pm

Paucle wrote: Am I wrong in thinking Connie's best wager was attrition? Let the two closely packed leaders fight it out stand pat on her 8k. She needs a solo get or TS to win anyway, so stand back and see what happen.
2 bucks wasn't gonna win against the leader's losing wager.
After Wednesday I've given up hope of decent FJ wagering in this tournament, so I hardly noticed.

codehappy
Contributor

Post by codehappy » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:03 pm

DBear wrote:To a Civilization IV player, Charlemagne is the Burger King.

Yes, and Justinian I is the guy with a golden dog-bowl on his head:

IT'S TIME FOR NUM-NUMS

Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle » Fri Feb 10, 2012 9:11 pm

Justinian... Justinian... Armenian, right? :)