Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by This Is Kirk! »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm The torch doesn't go on boats or planes; it only goes on land. Don't be ridiculous.
The torch is always lit in Olympia, Greece and travels from there to wherever the Olympics are being held, thus it can't always travel by land.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:31 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm The torch doesn't go on boats or planes; it only goes on land. Don't be ridiculous.
The torch is always lit in Olympia, Greece and travels from there to wherever the Olympics are being held, thus it can't always travel by land.
It took a really long time when the torch traveled on that freeway across the Indian Ocean to Australia in 2000.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by reddpen »

Poll request
COLLEGE-POURRI $600: I rang in [on the Bowling Green clue] with Kentucky and was shocked to be wrong... or something like that.
In and out of the pool four times
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by CasketRomance »

reddpen wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 pm Poll request
COLLEGE-POURRI $600: I rang in [on the Bowling Green clue] with Kentucky and was shocked to be wrong... or something like that.
why? the school in kentucky is western kentucky university and they are the hilltoppers...(fun fact..rally towel originated there)
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:31 pm
Okay, at the time of parsing the clue, the thought of the torch traveling didn't make any sense. I thought they lit it on location.
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

CasketRomance wrote: Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:11 pm
why? the school in kentucky is western kentucky university and they are the hilltoppers...(fun fact..rally towel originated there)
Because there are cities named Bowling Green in both states. (In fact, the one in Kentucky is twice as populous as the one in Ohio.) I was pretty sure the school was in Ohio, as I have made that mistake before, but I made sure to wait for the rebound opportunity rather than jump in immediately.
Sprinkles are for winners.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

I've made that same mistake in the past, but I have now learned from my mistakes and pretty soon, you will too.
Douglas Squasoni
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 amI've made that same mistake in the past, but I have now learned from my mistakes and pretty soon, you will too.
"Do we learn from our mistakes? I surely hope not / Takes all the fun out of making them again"

(A personal favorite lyric. I love Trout Fishing in America.)
mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by mahatma »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:05 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 amI've made that same mistake in the past, but I have now learned from my mistakes and pretty soon, you will too.
"Do we learn from our mistakes? I surely hope not / Takes all the fun out of making them again"

(A personal favorite lyric. I love Trout Fishing in America.)
And there you have your perfect thesis statement.