Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

User avatar
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion
Posts: 4953
Joined: Mon Dec 17, 2012 1:35 am
Location: Seattle

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by This Is Kirk! »

TenPoundHammer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm
The torch doesn't go on boats or planes; it only goes on land. Don't be ridiculous.
The torch is always lit in Olympia, Greece and travels from there to wherever the Olympics are being held, thus it can't always travel by land.

User avatar
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits
Posts: 2424
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:31 am

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by hbomb1947 »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:31 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm
The torch doesn't go on boats or planes; it only goes on land. Don't be ridiculous.
The torch is always lit in Olympia, Greece and travels from there to wherever the Olympics are being held, thus it can't always travel by land.
It took a really long time when the torch traveled on that freeway across the Indian Ocean to Australia in 2000.
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide

reddpen
Thrice Unplucked from the Jeopardy! Pool
Posts: 687
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:51 am
Location: Seattle
Contact:

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by reddpen »

Poll request
COLLEGE-POURRI $600: I rang in [on the Bowling Green clue] with Kentucky and was shocked to be wrong... or something like that.
Back in the pool

User avatar
CasketRomance
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 2559
Joined: Fri May 22, 2015 2:40 pm

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by CasketRomance »

reddpen wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 pm
Poll request
COLLEGE-POURRI $600: I rang in [on the Bowling Green clue] with Kentucky and was shocked to be wrong... or something like that.
why? the school in kentucky is western kentucky university and they are the hilltoppers...(fun fact..rally towel originated there)

User avatar
TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by TenPoundHammer »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 6:31 pm
TenPoundHammer wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:10 pm
The torch doesn't go on boats or planes; it only goes on land. Don't be ridiculous.
The torch is always lit in Olympia, Greece and travels from there to wherever the Olympics are being held, thus it can't always travel by land.
Okay, at the time of parsing the clue, the thought of the torch traveling didn't make any sense. I thought they lit it on location.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

User avatar
BigDaddyMatty
Save Me, Maggie!
Posts: 2983
Joined: Wed Jan 21, 2015 11:05 am
Location: Wherever I May Roam
Contact:

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

CasketRomance wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 10:11 pm
reddpen wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 pm
Poll request
COLLEGE-POURRI $600: I rang in [on the Bowling Green clue] with Kentucky and was shocked to be wrong... or something like that.
why? the school in kentucky is western kentucky university and they are the hilltoppers...(fun fact..rally towel originated there)
Because there are cities named Bowling Green in both states. (In fact, the one in Kentucky is twice as populous as the one in Ohio.) I was pretty sure the school was in Ohio, as I have made that mistake before, but I made sure to wait for the rebound opportunity rather than jump in immediately.
Sprinkles are for winners.

User avatar
LucarioSnooperVixey
Darling Sillyclaws
Posts: 1456
Joined: Sun Jan 15, 2017 8:41 pm
Location: New Jersey

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

reddpen wrote:
Tue Oct 01, 2019 9:48 pm
Poll request
COLLEGE-POURRI $600: I rang in [on the Bowling Green clue] with Kentucky and was shocked to be wrong... or something like that.
I've made that same mistake in the past, but I have now learned from my mistakes and pretty soon, you will too.
Douglas Squasoni
QuizUp: 132.0k games
Alpaca Farm: 1508 quizzes

User avatar
TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim
Posts: 8305
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 2:59 pm
Location: Michigan
Contact:

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by TenPoundHammer »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 am
I've made that same mistake in the past, but I have now learned from my mistakes and pretty soon, you will too.
"Do we learn from our mistakes? I surely hope not / Takes all the fun out of making them again"

(A personal favorite lyric. I love Trout Fishing in America.)
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent

mahatma
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 580
Joined: Tue Feb 04, 2014 6:52 pm

Re: Monday, September 30, 2019 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by mahatma »

TenPoundHammer wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 2:05 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 1:35 am
I've made that same mistake in the past, but I have now learned from my mistakes and pretty soon, you will too.
"Do we learn from our mistakes? I surely hope not / Takes all the fun out of making them again"

(A personal favorite lyric. I love Trout Fishing in America.)
And there you have your perfect thesis statement.

Post Reply