FJs for the 10/7/19 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 10/7/19 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 18, 2020 7:49 pm

Washington made the very first presidential proclamation in response to a request for "a day of public" this
56%
In 1876 in the Dakotas this American said, "The old duffer broke me on the last hand"
61%
This American singer-songwriter briefly landed on the U.N.'s apartheid blacklist for his 1986 multi-platinum album
49%
In 1600 a royal charter authorized it to set forth to "parts of Asia and Africa" in search of "trade and traffic"
56%
In 1963 the Pulitzer Advisory Board vetoed his controversial play & gave no award; he would go on to win 3 Pulitzers  
32%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
10%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
4%
VIDEO GAME-POURRI $1000: Of the 4 ghosts in the original English version of the Pac-Man game, the one that doesn't rhyme with the others
70%
WOMEN COMPOSERS $2000: A composer in her own right, Clara (nee Wieck) also edited the collected works of this German composer, her husband
48%
LITERARY CHARACTERS $1600: 12-year-old Frankie Addams wants to go with her brother & his new wife on their honeymoon in this Carson McCullers novel
15%
Remembrance was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
7%
Custer was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
20%
Bruce Springsteen was my incorrect guess for the Wednesday FJ! clue.
10%
Tennessee Williams was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
7%
Arthur Miller or Eugene O'Neill was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
31%
At the start of the week I look at The Contestant Zone on jeopardy.com to see all of the Monday-Friday contestants who will be playing that week.
6%

Total votes: 99

Shaquebanisa
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: FJs for the 10/7/19 week

Post by Shaquebanisa »

:( :( :( :( :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Said memoriam on Monday, Custer on Tuesday, Michael Jackson on Wednesday, no guess on Thursday, Friday was a near instaget.

I always look at the Contestant Zone to see if I recognize people from other game shows.
xabe
Valued Contributor

Post by xabe »

:( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(

Mourning on Monday
BigDaddyMatty
Hoping not to get pruney this time

Post by BigDaddyMatty »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :oops:
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :(

Got the right play on Friday, but mixed up E. Albee and E. O'Neill
So far this season, I'm 18/20 on Monday-Thursday FJ!s and 2/5 on Friday. Weird.
Sprinkles are for winners.
Carpe Diem
Boardeh

Post by Carpe Diem »

:( :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

SenseiCAY
Jeopardy Participant

Post by SenseiCAY »

Was there a particular reason for the last question, about checking the lineup for the week?
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

SenseiCAY wrote: Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:53 am Was there a particular reason for the last question, about checking the lineup for the week?
Just a curiosity that occurred to me as I wondered what people do for day-by-day or skipping ahead. Sometimes I see predictions about champs and their chances for longer runs making me suspect it's not only about the current game but also snap judgments about the rogues' gallery for the remainder of the week. It's as if some posters are negatively writing off the upcoming challengers for factors of age, race, gender, job, location, etc.

J!Board looks like its mostly one-day-at-a-time for learning about the contestants for the week.
hbomb1947
Still hoping to get on Jeopardy! while my age is in double digits

Post by hbomb1947 »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 3:21 pm So far this season, I'm 18/20 on Monday-Thursday FJ!s and 2/5 on Friday. Weird.
So basically if we meet in the green room, I want to be picked to play you on the Friday episode. :D
Follow me on twitter, even though I rarely tweet! https://twitter.com/hbomb_worldwide
The Talking Mime
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by The Talking Mime »

:( :( :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:
:( :( :(

After getting a 4/5 week for the first time in regular play since April, I responded with a lousy week.

Said mourning on Monday, Custer on Tuesday (Hickok came to me at the 31st second), and went West instead of East on Thursday. Couldn't remember if Clyde or Sue was the 4th ghost from Pac-Man.

I'll check the lineup to see if there's any Canadians on during the week, but that's my only purpose for doing so.
"There is much pleasure to be gained from useless knowledge."
-Bertrand Russell