Future events for the rest of Season 36

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Future events for the rest of Season 36

Post by gameshowfandanny »

triviawayne wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:39 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 1:11 pm
triviawayne wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 12:48 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 11:53 am
Yes, but there probably will be 7 weeks of summer reruns this year because Labor Day is on September 7 and they haven't premiered on Labor Day since 2004.
they could do the normal six weeks of tournaments, then on the 7th week have a special retrospective, then show the GOAT if ABC doesn't actually own those episodes.
There are two problems with this:
1. GOAT only went four days, so what would they show on the fifth day?
2. When they showed classic episodes the week before Season 26 premiere, nothing from Super Jeopardy! was shown, plus ABC put the GOAT episodes on their website the day after they aired (they did the same for the "What is Jeopardy!" special on January 2), like ABC's other shows.
1. That would be the "special retrospective"
2. This does not create a problem, the GOAT ownership has nothing to do with Super Jeopardy, or any other episodes, the only problem would be if ABC owns these episodes, which is exactly what I mentioned.
What things about Jeopardy! would be on the retrospective?
I think ABC does own the GOAT Tournament because all of the episodes are On Demand and there is a really small chance of them rerunning GOAT given that the regular series is titled, "Jeopardy!" but the GOAT listings said "Jeopardy! The Greatest of All Time". Hulu also has the GOAT tournament as a separate series than the episodes they have of the regular show.

gameshowfandanny
Loyal Jeopardista

Also, it just occurred to me that there's no way any of the GOAT episodes could rerun because each of them are an hour.

talkingaway
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by talkingaway »

gameshowfandanny wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:32 pm
Also, it just occurred to me that there's no way any of the GOAT episodes could rerun because each of them are an hour.
They could theoretically break them up and air 8 episodes - 4 two-parters, just like the last game of regular tourneys. But they probably won’t. GOAT seems like a totally different beast than regular J! Much like how in the 80s, they had daytime WoF (NBC I think) and nighttime syndicated WoF, with slightly different rules/prizes/wheels - the two separate shows (albeit with the same title) probably never crossed streams.

Golf
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Golf »

Golf wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:05 pm
Could either of you please explain how the GOAT tournament could possibly be shown in week 7.
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Apparently subliminal questions work......

triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

talkingaway wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:37 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
They could theoretically break them up and air 8 episodes - 4 two-parters, just like the last game of regular tourneys. But they probably won’t. GOAT seems like a totally different beast than regular J! Much like how in the 80s, they had daytime WoF (NBC I think) and nighttime syndicated WoF, with slightly different rules/prizes/wheels - the two separate shows (albeit with the same title) probably never crossed streams.
I wasn't thinking about them being hour long episodes, so it wouldn't work anyway; but was just trying to think of a way to fill a single extra week in the off-season as they couldn't do a full tournament.

Without looking, now I'm thinking they could throw in a kids week or celebrity rerun...doesn't have to be from this year. Could even be random favorite episodes from the history of the show.
Total game show career losings = $171,522

gameshowfandanny
Loyal Jeopardista

triviawayne wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:43 pm
talkingaway wrote:
Wed Feb 12, 2020 2:37 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
I wasn't thinking about them being hour long episodes, so it wouldn't work anyway; but was just trying to think of a way to fill a single extra week in the off-season as they couldn't do a full tournament.

Without looking, now I'm thinking they could throw in a kids week or celebrity rerun...doesn't have to be from this year. Could even be random favorite episodes from the history of the show.
They also could do something like this:
Monday: November 30, 2004 (Ken's 75th)
Tuesday: September 19, 2005 (James' 33rd)
Wednesday: June 2, 2014 (Julia's 21st)
Thursday: June 3, 2019 (David's 20th)
Friday: September 26, 2019 (Jason's 20th)
They could also do a week called "The Best of James Holzhauer". This is how it could be like:
Monday: April 9, 2019 (James breaks Roger Craig's record)
Tuesday: April 17, 2019 (James breaks his own record)
Wednesday: April 23, 2019 (James reaches $1,000,000)
Thursday: May 24, 2019 (James reaches $2,000,000)
Friday: June 3, 2019 (Emma Boettcher defeats James)

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I would like to see them show some really old shows featuring early season champions.