Reruns to start May 4th

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Re: Reruns to start May 4th

Post by Bamaman »

So they are just going to show random games from a couple years ago? Were they all in the same TOC?
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Bamaman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 am So they are just going to show random games from a couple years ago? Were they all in the same TOC?
So far, they are showing random games from each ToC contestant from Season 36, so yes, they were in the same ToC.
gameshowfandanny

My app revealed the June 23 rerun. It's Josh Hill's fifth game (Original Air Date: May 22, 2018).
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:33 am My app revealed the June 23 rerun. It's Josh Hill's fifth game (Original Air Date: May 22, 2018).
The order seems to be in the neighborhood of air dates or tape dates?

5 boardie bucks on Alan Dunn next.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:55 am
Bamaman wrote: Sat May 30, 2020 9:42 am So they are just going to show random games from a couple years ago? Were they all in the same TOC?
So far, they are showing random games from each ToC contestant from Season 36, so yes, they were in the same ToC.
So maybe this is a lead-in to a rerun of the S36 TOC.
gameshowfandanny

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 10:08 am
gameshowfandanny wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 9:33 am My app revealed the June 23 rerun. It's Josh Hill's fifth game (Original Air Date: May 22, 2018).
The order seems to be in the neighborhood of air dates or tape dates?

5 boardie bucks on Alan Dunn next.
I also was expecting that, but my listings revealed June 24. It is Lindsey Schultz's first game.
gameshowfandanny

June 25's rerun is Alan Dunn's fifth game.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

My on screen guide allows going forward two weeks. For the start of the reruns they are marked as repeats, so my DVR won't pick them up unless I change my settings. The guide calls it:
Jeopardy! Big Wins, Big Champions: On Their Way to the Tournament of Champions

Rob: If you are reading this can you confirm or deny that you have recorded some kind of at-home message that could play to open and/or close the show? That would be one way for me to check in on the games is if the champs are adding something like KJ did for his #1 and #75 re-airings. Otherwise, break time as I've seen these game more than once.

For James how do you pick one game? For Emma it's easier.
gameshowfandanny

June 26's rerun is Eric R. Backes' second game.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

I'm not sure if this is the right thread for these two questions, but since the last new game is June 12, will we be having a Summer Hiatus Challenge this year? And according to promos for the online test, tapings will be "starting soon," so does anyone know when exactly?
Hoping for a third lap
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

My guess for James would be the one where he set the current record for a single game.
gameshowfandanny

Bamaman wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:49 pm My guess for James would be the one where he set the current record for a single game.
They seem to be showing a lot of games where either the contestant is in second place going into Final Jeopardy! and still wins, or they win in a really tight game and they have the lead going into Final Jeopardy!, so I think that for James, they'll show either the episode where he beat Adam Levine by $18 or the episode where he beat Nate Scheffey, despite only finding one Daily Double.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:49 pm My guess for James would be the one where he set the current record for a single game.
They seem to be showing a lot of games where either the contestant is in second place going into Final Jeopardy! and still wins, or they win in a really tight game and they have the lead going into Final Jeopardy!, so I think that for James, they'll show either the episode where he beat Adam Levine by $18 or the episode where he beat Nate Scheffey, despite only finding one Daily Double.
I think they should show some of the MANY tournament finals where the player in a distant third after day 1 goes on to win the whole thing. :lol:
gameshowfandanny

June 29 is Anneke Garcia's third game.
gameshowfandanny

June 30 is Steven Grade's second game.
gameshowfandanny

gameshowfandanny wrote: Wed Jun 03, 2020 4:53 pm
I actually was wrong. July 1 is his last single-day win with over $100,000 and the second-highest one-day score (If he had wagered to break his $131,127 record, he would have risked his win during a runaway, like Cliff Clavin did on Cheers). It's James Holzhauer's 28th game.
RobW
Boy, this was fun! :)

Post by RobW »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:45 pm Rob: If you are reading this can you confirm or deny that you have recorded some kind of at-home message that could play to open and/or close the show? That would be one way for me to check in on the games is if the champs are adding something like KJ did for his #1 and #75 re-airings. Otherwise, break time as I've seen these game more than once.
I am unable to truthfully deny it. ;)
formerly known as doitneatly
twitter: @rob_worman
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

RobW wrote: Mon Jun 08, 2020 4:04 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Jun 02, 2020 9:45 pm Rob: If you are reading this can you confirm or deny that you have recorded some kind of at-home message that could play to open and/or close the show? That would be one way for me to check in on the games is if the champs are adding something like KJ did for his #1 and #75 re-airings. Otherwise, break time as I've seen these game more than once.
I am unable to truthfully deny it. ;)
So it's not not worth the time to watch the new episodes. Great, thanks!

Apropos of scheduling issues, if anyone is in Boston, they're pushing J! to 7:00 for Mayor Walsh's commencementpalooza at 7:30. I guess Wheel gets the overnight shaft.

Also, anyone know if WBZ Boston has gone back to airing weekend J!, albeit at 1 AM? I noticed it on my guide. I guess the 7 PM Saturday infomercial block is a big hit. I noticed they added it for next Satruday night (well, Sunday morning).
gameshowfandanny

July 2 is Emma Boettcher's first game, where she defeats James Holzhauer in his 33rd game, so July 3 will likely be game two of the finals for Francois Barcomb's Teachers Tournament.
gameshowfandanny

gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Jun 09, 2020 9:36 am July 2 is Emma Boettcher's first game, where she defeats James Holzhauer in his 33rd game, so July 3 will likely be game two of the finals for Francois Barcomb's Teachers Tournament.
I was close. July 3 is actually game one of the finals for Francois Barcomb's Teachers Tournament.