Learned League 85 - Official Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Re: Learned League 85 - Official Thread

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

classicroadster wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:49 am
Olympic group 71 is tough. Through 3 days, 4 players with 15 or more TCA and a poor guy who is 0-3 with 14 TCA and 17 CAA. I'm in first with 15 but should really be 17 as I sped through questions on day 2 and only put fosbury and 1918 instead of 1916 without thinking. First place for now.

Also had my best ever 1DS in perfect games finishing 6th. If I had moneyed the dart question instead of the QB rating I would've won. I feel like those who nailed the QB rating should get extra!
Good luck on MD11.

twelvefootboy
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by twelvefootboy »

classicroadster wrote:
Olympic group 71 is tough. Through 3 days, 4 players with 15 or more TCA and a poor guy who is 0-3 with 14 TCA and 17 CAA. I'm in first with 15 but should really be 17 as I sped through questions on day 2 and only put fosbury and 1918 instead of 1916 without thinking. First place for now.

Also had my best ever 1DS in perfect games finishing 6th. If I had moneyed the dart question instead of the QB rating I would've won. I feel like those who nailed the QB rating should get extra!
Congrats on the 6th place finish. I overlooked the Perfect Game 1ds and would have enjoyed it, but would have been lucky to get 5 right to money. It was a very clever concept and quiz.

I'm underachieving in the Olympic quiz, but it is well done so far. I'm hurrying to finish and just didn't want to wrack my brain to get Castor Semenya, or miss it by a syllable somehow after the investment. But no excuse for not RTFQ and naming Mitt Romney instead of Ann :roll: .

I'll make a PSA and shameless plug - the JBoardLite private rundle for LL86 needs another player to even out :). Come and take on the 6th place finisher and Olympic ML leader! (Password is AlexTrebek)
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.

classicroadster
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by classicroadster »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote:
Fri Jul 31, 2020 10:37 am
classicroadster wrote:

Good luck on MD11.
Yup... I saw your flag combined with kelsot and was like uh oh, going to need my a game the entire time. Best of luck to you as well. Hoping MD11 won't matter....

MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Wed Jul 29, 2020 2:37 pm
I play very few of the One-Days, but enjoyed this one: https://www.learnedleague.com/oneday.ph ... enofthe80s
There's a new 1DS today that I bet you'd enjoy/you've enjoyed, also.