Jeopardy! Contestant Test

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

slam
Auditioning Since 1985

Jeopardy! Contestant Test

Post by slam »

I don't pop in here that often, so I may have missed the discussion of this issue. If so, I apologize for the repetition.

Back in the early days of the contestant test, TPTB announced that 35/50 was a passing score. I specifically heard them say this at a contestant search way back in 1985. But then they stopped mentioning the passing score so we were left in the dark with several potential theories.

I just took the "anytime test" (even though I had safely passed the test earlier this year) because, well, why not? At the end of the test, the following message was on the screen (bolding added):

You’ve taken the test. What now?
• Please do not share your test material. Help us maintain the integrity of the new availability of the Anytime Test. You didn’t get any help, so why should you make it easier for anyone else?
• Your test submission will be given to the Jeopardy! contestant team for evaluation. If you pass the test, you’ll be placed into a random selection process for invitation to a contestant audition. Auditions are ongoing, and depending on our travel and testing schedule, you could receive an invitation anytime within the next 12 months.
• If you are invited to an in-person audition, you will take another 50-question test. If you pass that test (at least 35 correct out of 50), you’ll be invited to stay for the full session, which includes playing a shortened version of Jeopardy! and participating in a personality interview. That’s when it’s your time to shine!
• If you don’t hear back from us within 12 months of your Anytime Test, it could be for a number of reasons. You may not have passed the test. Or, you may have passed, but we were unable to invite everyone who passed to attend an in-person audition. However, we encourage you to take the test again or participate in the next Jeopardy! Test event.
• For more information about the contestant selection process and how to be ready to audition (and compete!), visit our FAQs.
GOOD LUCK ON YOUR CONTINUED QUEST TO THE JEOPARDY! LECTERN!