Season 37 date?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Re: Season 37 date?

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:17 pm
alietr wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 12:12 pm Ken is joining the show?!?
The video description says he's a consulting producer and Ken's first video category airs on September 15, the second episode of the season.
That might partially explain why he dropped out of LearnedLeague.
opusthepenguin wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 1:44 pm I'm looking forward to the credit rolls with people in hazmat suits hosing everything down in the background.
Viking funeral, with a brand new set every day
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Why would this keep him from doing LL?

The clue crew may be less visible as they haven’t been able to travel the last few months. Although they probably have a number of recordings in the can that weren’t used after the season ended early.
talkingaway
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by talkingaway »

Bamaman wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 3:44 pm Why would this keep him from doing LL?

The clue crew may be less visible as they haven’t been able to travel the last few months. Although they probably have a number of recordings in the can that weren’t used after the season ended early.
I kind of hope they're not setting up Ken to be the next host. I don't see why it would keep him from doing LL, but I don't know anything about LL to begin with. By "doing" - does he write questions for LL, or play? Some kind of "J! exclusivity" thing when he's a consulting producer perhaps - doesn't look good for him to do multiple trivia things. Although he does have that Kennections thing and some kind of podcast, right? (Everyone has a podcast nowadays. I'm pretty sure I have one too, but I haven't gotten around to listening to it yet. It's probably awful.)

The Ken categories should attract some people to J!. Remember, the vast number of people who tune into J! don't do it every day, and don't come here. If you give them a reason to watch J! ("See Ken present his category on famous potatoes - tonight at 7:30!"), they might tune in.

As far as clue crew - they can still do the backstage clue crew stuff. You know - where Jimmy takes a rock and drops it on a table and says, "This force is what causes the rock to drop." But the cool stuff, like Jimmy on an aircraft carrier or in a vineyard in France...obviously that's a nope.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

talkingaway wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm I kind of hope they're not setting up Ken to be the next host.
Why's that? I think he'll be great.
gamawire
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by gamawire »

talkingaway wrote: Thu Sep 03, 2020 4:07 pm
I kind of hope they're not setting up Ken to be the next host.
I kind of think that's exactly what they're doing.
"It is better, of course, to know useless things than to know nothing." -- Seneca