Season 37 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

dell3234 wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:43 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 12:59 pm
Week of November 23, 2020:
KABC: Due to Monday Night Football, this week's shows will air on a one-day delay, with Friday's show airing on Saturday, November 28, at 9:00 PM.
WLS: Due to College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 12:35 AM.
WPVI: Due to Action News, which is being delayed by College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KTRK: Due to College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:06 AM.
WBZ: Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM.
KARE: Due to The 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KDVR: Due to FOX 31 News, which is being delayed by College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
KSDK: Due to The 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WPXI: Due to Channel 11 News: Black & Gold Zone Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
KNSD: Due to Thanksgiving Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 9:30 PM.
WBFF: Due to Thanksgiving Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen and Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen, either, due to College Football.
WZTV: Due to Thanksgiving Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen and Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen either, due to College Football.
KSHB: Due to College Basketball, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen and Friday's Jeopardy! will not be seen, either, due to College Football.
WXIX: Due to NFL on FOX Postgame and College Football, Thursday and Friday's episodes of Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
KXAN: Due to The 94th Annual Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade, Thursday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WVUE: Due to Thanksgiving Football and College Football, Thursday and Friday's episodes of Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:30 AM.
KTUL: Due to College Football, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 4:00 AM.
KSHB is no longer the home for J! WDAF is now the home for J!
Thanks, I will update that post. Jeopardy!'s list of preemptions on their website said KSHB. I just checked WDAF's listings and they are preempting Jeopardy! on Thursday and Friday for Thanksgiving Football and College Football. I do not see any listing of either episode of Jeopardy! on that station.

User avatar
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur
Posts: 7789
Joined: Thu Jul 14, 2011 11:42 pm
Contact:

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by Volante »

talkingaway wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:43 pm
Volante wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:58 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm
That can't be near enough stations for how many will be affected one way or another on Thanksgiving and/or Buy Black Friday.
Why would stations be affected by Thu/Fri?...
For Thursday, there's the traditional Turkey Day games on CBS (NFL 12:30-4:00), FOX (College basketball 1:30-4:00, NFL 4:00-8:00), and NBC (NFL 8-11:30). All of those times are Eastern, and all events are (obviously) live. FOX is the biggest direct hit, since 7-8 is the standard hour for WoF/J! in the EST.

FOX also has college football on Friday from 4-8 EST.

There's also extended morning news coverage for whatever they're doing in lieu of parades. My local CBS and FOX station have live celebrations until noon.
I guess I should rephrase: Why would more stations be affected?

https://mattcarberry.com/Jeopardy/j-airing.html
FOX only has 12 affiliates that air J! and most of those listed appear to be FOX
NBC lucks out with mostly Eastern and Central affiliates that run J! before 8 PM (And where it's not, like San Diego, that delay is noted)
CBS runs J! mostly after 4 PM
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Chitty Chitty Bang Bang (7), The Circle (4), Elevator to the Gallows (8)

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4967
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by jeff6286 »

ABC has their traditional college football doubleheader on Friday, although these are hardly traditional matchups, Iowa State-Texas at Noon Eastern and Notre Dame-North Carolina at 3:30. While it may not preempt many J! airings on the schedule, the chances of the game running long could wreak havoc on people with 7 PM airings on ABC stations.

One not listed here is WTHR, NBC in Indianapolis. As they do most years, they have a local holiday light special on Friday from 7:00 to 8:00 so Wheel and J! will be bumped. I guess the official Jeopardy listing doesn't catch everything. They usually air on the subchannel but rarely show up in the guide so I have to record MASH reruns.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by MarkBarrett »

Volante wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 3:40 pm
talkingaway wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 2:43 pm
Volante wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:58 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Mon Nov 23, 2020 1:52 pm
That can't be near enough stations for how many will be affected one way or another on Thanksgiving and/or Buy Black Friday.
Why would stations be affected by Thu/Fri?...
For Thursday, there's the traditional Turkey Day games on CBS (NFL 12:30-4:00), FOX (College basketball 1:30-4:00, NFL 4:00-8:00), and NBC (NFL 8-11:30). All of those times are Eastern, and all events are (obviously) live. FOX is the biggest direct hit, since 7-8 is the standard hour for WoF/J! in the EST.

FOX also has college football on Friday from 4-8 EST.

There's also extended morning news coverage for whatever they're doing in lieu of parades. My local CBS and FOX station have live celebrations until noon.
I guess I should rephrase: Why would more stations be affected?

https://mattcarberry.com/Jeopardy/j-airing.html
FOX only has 12 affiliates that air J! and most of those listed appear to be FOX
NBC lucks out with mostly Eastern and Central affiliates that run J! before 8 PM (And where it's not, like San Diego, that delay is noted)
CBS runs J! mostly after 4 PM
WXVT & KHQA - will not be airing J! at noon central on Thanksgiving like they usually do, to add to the list that I deal with.

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

NBC's NFL game tomorrow was postponed:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 423864002/
This affects KNSD, which was scheduled to preempt tomorrow's Jeopardy! for that game.

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by MarkBarrett »

gameshowfandanny wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 2:44 pm
NBC's NFL game tomorrow was postponed:
https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/2 ... 423864002/
This affects KNSD, which was scheduled to preempt tomorrow's Jeopardy! for that game.
Fox threw a big fungool at NBC (expecting to have the NFL game) by scheduling new eps. of The Masked Singer and I Can See Your Voice on the schedule for Thanksgiving night (traditionally network reruns or holiday specials) when the regular slots for those shows is Wed. night. Wonder what NBC has for replacement programming?

dell3234
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 432
Joined: Sat Feb 10, 2018 9:43 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by dell3234 »

top 6 possible replacements for the primetime NBC lineup for tomorrow night.

1. Rebroadcasting the national dog show in primetime

2. The usual thursday night lineup that NBC does

3. Possibly rearing the thanksgiving day parade in primetime (but not Likely)

4. Possibly rearing a slightly older thanksgiving night game.

5. A wonderful life

6. home alone
Last edited by dell3234 on Wed Nov 25, 2020 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 4967
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:34 pm
Location: Indianapolis, IN

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by jeff6286 »

You forgot It's a Wonderful Life which was an NBC Thanksgiving Night tradition at one point. They also used to run Home Alone, woudln't rule out either possibility.

User avatar
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire
Posts: 1385
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:27 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by trainman »

dell3234 wrote:
Wed Nov 25, 2020 3:39 pm
1. Rebroadcasting the national dog show in primetime
This is, indeed, what NBC is doing, along with a repeat of "The Wall."

User avatar
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 12271
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:37 am
Location: San Francisco

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by MarkBarrett »

Ravens-Steelers moved from yesterday to Sunday and next up is Tuesday. If that happens that will then naturally affect Ravens/Cowboys game on the schedule for Thursday the 3rd. Sounds like a headache for scheduling. Fox, NBC and CBS will have to work out who's televising what & when. Locally, I know KGO has the Bills/49ers on Monday the 7th.

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 9487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:41 pm
Ravens-Steelers moved from yesterday to Sunday and next up is Tuesday. If that happens that will then naturally affect Ravens/Cowboys game on the schedule for Thursday the 3rd. Sounds like a headache for scheduling. Fox, NBC and CBS will have to work out who's televising what & when. Locally, I know KGO has the Bills/49ers on Monday the 7th.
I show it Tues, 8:00 PM ET. Not sure which network.

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 8463
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by opusthepenguin »

Stupid FOX preempted yesterday and today for college sportsball. They don't seem to have any plans to air the games at another time. Why couldn't NBC have kept the contract? Stupid FOX. NBC always offered a second showing at 4:30 a.m. the following morning on their sister channel. Not FOX. Stupid FOX.

I did manage to find yesterday's game online. It got uploaded late last night or early this morning. Who knows how long it will be there? I'm hoping for another upload in the wee hours.

Stupid FOX.

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress, just before Gabriel rang in during clue 15 of the Jeopardy! Round.

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 9487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by econgator »

gameshowfandanny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress, just before Gabriel rang in during clue 15 of the Jeopardy! Round.
Wonder why they ran so long? I had the full show on my ABC station.

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

econgator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress, just before Gabriel rang in during clue 15 of the Jeopardy! Round.
Wonder why they ran so long? I had the full show on my ABC station.
WABC ended their broadcast of College Football at exactly 7:00 PM Eastern and they aired a few minutes of commercials before Jeopardy! was joined in progress.

User avatar
econgator
Let's Go Mets!
Posts: 9487
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 10:32 am

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by econgator »

gameshowfandanny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 pm
econgator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress, just before Gabriel rang in during clue 15 of the Jeopardy! Round.
Wonder why they ran so long? I had the full show on my ABC station.
WABC ended their broadcast of College Football at exactly 7:00 PM Eastern and they aired a few minutes of commercials before Jeopardy! was joined in progress.
Odd. I had two or three commercials and then right into the intro.

bkellysky
Valued Contributor
Posts: 58
Joined: Thu Dec 08, 2011 8:22 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by bkellysky »

econgator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:34 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:30 pm
econgator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 8:25 pm
gameshowfandanny wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 7:05 pm
WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress, just before Gabriel rang in during clue 15 of the Jeopardy! Round.
Wonder why they ran so long? I had the full show on my ABC station.
WABC ended their broadcast of College Football at exactly 7:00 PM Eastern and they aired a few minutes of commercials before Jeopardy! was joined in progress.
Odd. I had two or three commercials and then right into the intro.
WABC 7 New York, saw one clue then first break. Only three minutes in, according to the DVR.

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes
Posts: 10829
Joined: Sat Jul 02, 2011 1:39 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by Bamaman »

econgator wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:42 pm
MarkBarrett wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 3:41 pm
Ravens-Steelers moved from yesterday to Sunday and next up is Tuesday. If that happens that will then naturally affect Ravens/Cowboys game on the schedule for Thursday the 3rd. Sounds like a headache for scheduling. Fox, NBC and CBS will have to work out who's televising what & when. Locally, I know KGO has the Bills/49ers on Monday the 7th.
I show it Tues, 8:00 PM ET. Not sure which network.
According to ESPN, the Ravens-Cowboys game will be on Monday, December 7, at 5:00 EST.

User avatar
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard
Posts: 8463
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:33 pm
Location: Shawnee, KS
Contact:

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by opusthepenguin »

opusthepenguin wrote:
Fri Nov 27, 2020 6:16 pm
I did manage to find yesterday's game online. It got uploaded late last night or early this morning. Who knows how long it will be there? I'm hoping for another upload in the wee hours.
Welp, he posted it after I went to bed last night. His account was terminated before I checked on it this morning. :evil:

Anyone able to help a penguin on the sly should send me a PM. I'm not looking for content I don't ordinarily have legal access to, just content that the fatheads at WDAF FOX chose not to air. EDIT: Got taken care of. Thanks.

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much
Posts: 298
Joined: Thu Feb 06, 2020 5:09 pm

Re: Season 37 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Week of November 30, 2020:
WPVI: The Disney Holiday Singalong is airing an hour early, due to Monday Night Football, so Monday's Jeopardy! will be seen on WPVI-DT2 Localish.
WBZ: Due to Patriots All Access, Friday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 2:35 AM.
KDVR: Due to Thursday Night Football, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
KNSD: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.
WXIX: Due to FOX NFL Thursday Pregame, Thursday's Jeopardy! will be seen at 1:05 AM.
WTLV: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will be seen on WJXX.
WBBH: Due to Christmas in Rockefeller Center, Wednesday's Jeopardy! will not be seen.

Post Reply