Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

billiej
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Fun with NBC's "The Weakest Link"

Post by billiej »

econgator wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:33 pm
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 am Not a clue on the R&B group featuring Q-Tip, don't even know what the contestant said, sounded like "A Dog Called Plus".
A Tribe Called Quest
Thank you, I had trouble understanding that as well. At least I've heard of them, I just wasn't pulling that out.

I didn't realize the preppy look was still a thing. That Harvard kid looked like guys I went to school with 40 years ago. :lol:
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Apr 18, 2022 1:37 am She executed a BMS when a contestant said Samurai instead of Shogun, which are two very different things.
Weird BMS, but it makes me wonder if the writers' research didn't uncover some instance(s) of the castes not being totally mutually exclusive.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

Who thinks that the King James Bible was written by LeBron James? :lol:

Zeke got insanely lucky in the penultimate round when Seth decided to vote for Marissa allowing a three way tie and Marissa switching her vote to Seth. Zeke ended up winning the episode.

My Performance: The rapper married to Kylie Jenner was actually my only miss. Managed to get through a bunch of Pop Culture hurdles including Billy Porter who I actually remember watching winning the Emmy for Pose, and Lilies of the Field because of Sidney Poitier's passing a few months ago.

Bad Misses From Contestants: X-Ray Vision, Lox, Water Spout, Ukraine

Unsurprising Misses From Contestants: Nehru, Breakfast of Champions, Las Vegas, Ho Chi Minh City, Mexican Revolution, Armenia, Phi Beta Kappa, Olympia
Douglas Squasoni
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 2:29 pm Who thinks that the King James Bible was written by LeBron James? :lol:
...I don't want to see the results of that Twitter poll.
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Shadows (5), Foxy Brown (7), Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6)
LucarioSnooperVixey

Eric didn't miss a single question in the episode until he was voted off in the final round. Or did he?

Independence Hall or The Capitol, which of these is depicted on the back of the $100 bill?

Eric: The Capitol.
Jane: CORRECT!!!

There is going to be some backlash about this on social media or even in the news as Independence Hall is the correct answer.

My Performance: Cuchi Cuchi actress not gonna happen. That is the only question I recall missing. Finally got Laverne Cox correct.

Bad Misses From Contestants: Lima Bean, Ampersand, Boxing, Straight, 36 Inches, Dow Jones

Unsurprising Misses From Contestants: London, Argyle, Morrison, Alfred Nobel, American Samoa, Southern Cross, George C. Scott, Hawaii
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:36 am Eric didn't miss a single question in the episode until he was voted off in the final round. Or did he?

Independence Hall or The Capitol, which of these is depicted on the back of the $100 bill?

There is going to be some backlash about this on social media or even in the news as Independence Hall is the correct answer.
There is no excuse for something like that to happen as it's so easy to check and catch.

What’s the name of this poker hand (A-2-3-4-5)?
Briana: Royal flush

Who later wins the $95,000? See above. America, what a country.

Eric was a dead man walking as Kari had it out for him early. Even if Eric had eliminated Briana at the tie vote point he still would have been bounced before the final with Kari and Mikayla looking for a women's final.

Kari not winning was the best part of the episode other than the title, "Who is the Jan of this Brady Bunch"? :lol:
Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:48 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 12:36 am Eric didn't miss a single question in the episode until he was voted off in the final round. Or did he?

There is no excuse for something like that to happen as it's so easy to check and catch.
Yes, just watch National Treasure.
billiej

Post by billiej »

Thank you, I thought I was going crazy. I didn't bother to check since I took it at face value that I was wrong and they did the bare minimum of fact checking. :roll:
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

billiej wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:03 pm Thank you, I thought I was going crazy. I didn't bother to check since I took it at face value that I was wrong and they did the bare minimum of absolutely no fact checking. :roll:
FTFY.
billiej

Post by billiej »

alietr wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 8:50 pm
billiej wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 7:03 pm Thank you, I thought I was going crazy. I didn't bother to check since I took it at face value that I was wrong and they did the bare minimum of absolutely no fact checking. :roll:
FTFY.
:lol: :lol:
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

Looks like the season is over even though I read there were 13 episodes like last season
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

AntmanB wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:17 pm Looks like the season is over even though I read there were 13 episodes like last season
According to this site: http://www.thefutoncritic.com/guide/whe ... come-back/

WEAKEST LINK (REBOOT SERIES) NBC 5/30/22 (Mo.) at 10:00 PM 4 currently airing
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:57 pm
AntmanB wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:17 pm Looks like the season is over even though I read there were 13 episodes like last season

ok thanks! i wonder why the 1 month hiatus
LucarioSnooperVixey

MarkBarrett wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 6:57 pm

Perhaps the $100 bill error forced them to go to hiatus. ;)
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Monday, May 30, now shows as a rerun. Now it's June 6 as the next new episode of four remaining.
LucarioSnooperVixey

Would not be surprised if one of these days, Jane makes the remark, "Who thinks Juliette Binoche is the name of a dessert?"
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Who thinks Timothée Chalamet is a ski resort? :lol:
mujason

Post by mujason »

Clue Crew alum Kelly was on the show; she was consistently the strongest link but was voted off just before the final showdown.
-Jason
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Iodine? :o

Who is the thimble in this Monopoly game? :D
LucarioSnooperVixey

KELLY FROM THE CLUE CREW!!! :o

"Juneteenth was dedicated a federal holiday in June 2021, after the taping of this episode" read the side note in the Memorial Day question. So this was taped over a year ago.

Ricola man yodeling "I LOVE MY WIFE".

Los del Rio doing "The Floss".

A perfect game for me tonight. Not at all pop culture heavy.

Bad Misses From Contestants: Mario Lopez, Weird Al Yankovic, Peanut Butter, Times Square, Ricola, Mahjong, Rose Bowl, Japan, Porcupine, Britney Spears, Macarena, Portland Trail Blazers, Lamb, Tina Turner, Kentucky, Memorial Day, Baseball

Unsurprising Misses From Contestants: Please, Mu, Dreamgirls, Zest, Ian Fleming
Douglas Squasoni