Jennings, Rutter, Holzhauer to headline ABC series

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

floridagator
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Jennings, Rutter, Holzhauer to headline ABC series

Post by floridagator »

I'd rather cuddle then have sex. If you're into grammar, you'll understand.
Philliesfan02
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Jennings, Rutter, Holzhauer to headline ABC series

Post by Philliesfan02 »

Looking forward to this!
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Makes me even more peeved that my audition for this show was cut short by COVID restrictions.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

I auditioned and didn't get called to be a contestant...

...but someone I urged to audition did get called, and is taping later this month.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

I might watch 2 out of 3 shows.
SteelyPat
Contributor

Post by SteelyPat »

This has the potential to be fun for all kinds of reasons. Primarily I just want more rapid-fire decent trivia with competent to excellent players, but there's also the allure of something like James not getting how to be a playful villain and saying/doing stuff that is either hilarious or gets him thrown off the show because he went cruel when people wanted him to be jokingly antagonizing. Could be a fun mess!
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

SteelyPat wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 1:10 am This has the potential to be fun for all kinds of reasons. Primarily I just want more rapid-fire decent trivia with competent to excellent players, but there's also the allure of something like James not getting how to be a playful villain and saying/doing stuff that is either hilarious or gets him thrown off the show because he went cruel when people wanted him to be jokingly antagonizing. Could be a fun mess!
If he does something that bad, I'm sure they would simply stop tape and do another take.

Plus there's always the very real possibility the producers will be feeding lines for that part of the show, as was done with Anne Robinson on Weakest Link.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
akrites
Valued Contributor

Post by akrites »

trainman wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 1:41 am I auditioned and didn't get called to be a contestant...

...but someone I urged to audition did get called, and is taping later this month.
I never even saw the auditions advertised!
yclept
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by yclept »

I wouldn’t be great on this show regardless, but I wonder which of the three people would most rather want to face. I would think Brad, followed by James with Ken being the one they least would want to play. Not only is Ken a Jeopardy icon - he also has played in several different quiz show formats.

As for personalities, Ken’s snark will work well here. James may end up being the most “cruel-ish”, with Brad the most laid back of the bunch.

The GSN version was fun...with a good variety of material. It is a fairly cheap show to produce (players normally go home with $0), so hopefully it rates out well and is on for a while....