What do you want to see from the vault?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

What do you want to see from the vault?

Post by Bamaman »

So what would you like to see the last two weeks of the year?

During the lockdown we saw the first two Trebeck episodes, a week of celebrities, Chuck and Frank, a couple KJ games, the GOAT games, and the M$M Tournament. Maybe some others I have forgotten.

Assuming they don’t do any of these, what would you like to see? Or what do you suspect they will pick? I would like to see some champs from really long ago and not any Ken or James.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Re: What do you want to see from the vault?

Post by opusthepenguin »

Dave Madden's run. A high school friend lost to him.

Any game that's not in the archive.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

Bamaman wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:35 pm So what would you like to see the last two weeks of the year?

During the lockdown we saw the first two Trebeck episodes, a week of celebrities, Chuck and Frank, a couple KJ games, the GOAT games, and the M$M Tournament. Maybe some others I have forgotten.

Assuming they don’t do any of these, what would you like to see? Or what do you suspect they will pick? I would like to see some champs from really long ago and not any Ken or James.
3/20 and 3/21/03 would be my top choices although I have no expectations of any games not in the archive showing up

For fans that have not seen it the 4000th ep. is a fun one.

Ken had many milestone games along the way so I expect him to get some action during the two weeks and he of course is available for a new opening.

I don't need to see any of Brad or Eddie in their opening runs for the __th time while I understand that would play in Peoria.

Alex gets a good spotlight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3FzpQ ... e=emb_logo

Elise Beraru #5 for some J! history or ToC #1 F1 & F2?

Not gonna happen: Barbara Lowe, tourney games missing in the archive, Super J!

What would be cool and way unexpected is big game show winners on other shows that were on J: Toutant, Olmstead, Curtis Warren, Shutterly, Bernie Cullen, etc.

J! staffers on J!: Rocky Schmidt & Matt Caruso

What I expect is games where Alex did clues out of the studio such as a museum or Galapagos.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Brad got plenty of love in the last vault visit so we probably won’t see him. I could live without Eddie but I wouldn’t complain.

I agree Lowe and any of the missing tourney games will not be seen. A nod to the archive would be nice but don’t hold your breath.
Last edited by Bamaman on Tue Dec 01, 2020 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
davopardy
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by davopardy »

MarkBarrett wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 10:01 pm
Bamaman wrote: Mon Nov 30, 2020 9:35 pm So what would you like to see the last two weeks of the year?

3/20 and 3/21/03 would be my top choices although I have no expectations of any games not in the archive showing up

For fans that have not seen it the 4000th ep. is a fun one.

Ken had many milestone games along the way so I expect him to get some action during the two weeks and he of course is available for a new opening.

I don't need to see any of Brad or Eddie in their opening runs for the __th time while I understand that would play in Peoria.

Alex gets a good spotlight here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Y3FzpQ ... e=emb_logo

Elise Beraru #5 for some J! history or ToC #1 F1 & F2?

Not gonna happen: Barbara Lowe, tourney games missing in the archive, Super J!

What would be cool and way unexpected is big game show winners on other shows that were on J: Toutant, Olmstead, Curtis Warren, Shutterly, Bernie Cullen, etc.

J! staffers on J!: Rocky Schmidt & Matt Caruso

What I expect is games where Alex did clues out of the studio such as a museum or Galapagos.
Huh? I didn't know Rocky was a contestant on Jeopardy before he joined the Jeopardy! staff. I think I'll do highlights of his appearance of his first game. The episode itself (12/11/85) is already up on the archive anyway so I think it'd be nice to see that. I think we will probably see the 4000th show. I'd love to see Olmstead and others that were winners on Jeopardy but later became millionaires from WWTBAM.

I do agree I think we will probably see more or less Games where Alex did clues outside of the studio.
"Jeopardy! was Created by Merv Griffin." -Johnny Gilbert (1996-2000)
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

This is what I'd like to see:
Week 1: December 21-25, 2020:
1. September 5, 2002 (MinnesotaMyron sets a new one-day record at $50,000)
2. July 23, 2004 (Ken Jennings sets a new one-day record at $75,000)
3. October 6, 2004 (Ken Jennings wagers $12,000 on a Daily Double and gets it right)
4. November 24, 2004 (Ken Jennings sets the second-highest one-day score, wagers $13,200 on a Daily Double, and gets it right)
5. October 8, 2004 (Ken Jennings responds, "What is a hoe?"
Week 2: December 28-January 1, 2021
1. November 9, 2004 (Ken Jennings picks first in Double Jeopardy!, but still wins his 70th game)
2. July 31, 2013 (Contestant misspells "Emancipation Proclamation" and goes viral, Kids Week record)
3. October 3, 2017 (Austin Rogers wins $69,000)
4. May 11, 2012 (Elyse Mancuso wins the Teen Tournament, Teen Tournament one-day record)
5. February 12, 2013 (Leonard Cooper wins the Teen Tournament, wagers $18,000 on a Daily Double, gets it right, and writes down in Final Jeopardy!, "Who is some guy in Normandy But I just won $75,000!")
dell3234

Post by dell3234 »

gameshowfandanny wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 2:25 pm This is what I'd like to see:
Week 1: December 21-25, 2020:
1. September 5, 2002 (MinnesotaMyron sets a new one-day record at $50,000)
2. July 23, 2004 (Ken Jennings sets a new one-day record at $75,000)
3. October 6, 2004 (Ken Jennings wagers $12,000 on a Daily Double and gets it right)
4. November 24, 2004 (Ken Jennings sets the second-highest one-day score, wagers $13,200 on a Daily Double, and gets it right)
5. October 8, 2004 (Ken Jennings responds, "What is a hoe?"
Week 2: December 28-January 1, 2021
1. November 9, 2004 (Ken Jennings picks first in Double Jeopardy!, but still wins his 70th game)
2. July 31, 2013 (Contestant misspells "Emancipation Proclamation" and goes viral, Kids Week record)
3. October 3, 2017 (Austin Rogers wins $69,000)
4. May 11, 2012 (Elyse Mancuso wins the Teen Tournament, Teen Tournament one-day record)
5. February 12, 2013 (Leonard Cooper wins the Teen Tournament, wagers $18,000 on a Daily Double, gets it right, and writes down in Final Jeopardy!, "Who is some guy in Normandy But I just won $75,000!")
speaking of day 4 of week 1 we already know that is a long credit roll!
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Lionel Goldbart's original 5-game run and the four games that followed.
bigblue999
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bigblue999 »

Barbara Lowe's five-game run ;) ;)
animfan
Valued Contributor

Post by animfan »

Here’s what I’d like to see:

1. 2014 Battle of the Decades conclusion
2. 2014 Tournament of Champions
3. 2015 Tournament of Champions
4. 2001 Tournament of Champions
5. 2008-A Teen Tournament
6. 2001 College Championship from UCLA
7. 2003 Celebrity Jeopardy!
8. 2003 Tournament of Champions
9. 2004 Tournament of Champions
10. 2006 Teen Tournament
11. 2006 Tournament of Champions
12. 2007 College Championship from USC
Last edited by animfan on Tue Mar 26, 2024 7:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

I was surprised to find that 2003 episodes are still missing from the archive. Right up there with all the 2002-04 stuff I missed on my Wheel timeline (ditto all the stuff I saw on Season 6 reruns on GSN at the time).

+1 to Barbara Lowe even though I know they'd never do it.

I'd also like to see Daryl Scott's $1 win and the three-way tie, among others.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

bigblue999 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:36 pm Barbara Lowe's five-game run ;) ;)
See post above yours. ;)
animfan wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:23 pm Here’s what I’d like to see:
Half a season with 115 games? Sure, they'll get right on it.

Hammer: The $1 game aired on GSN on the Saturday after Alex's death.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

bigblue999 wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 5:36 pm Barbara Lowe's five-game run ;) ;)
And Jeff Kirby's two games!
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

MarkBarrett wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:37 pm Hammer: The $1 game aired on GSN on the Saturday after Alex's death.
My bad. I missed that.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:32 pm I was surprised to find that 2003 episodes are still missing from the archive.
It was the first two days of the Iraq War where most networks were showing the same things over and over again instead of regular programming. I'm surprised they haven't been rerun on GSN.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

TenPoundHammer wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 6:32 pm I was surprised to find that 2003 episodes are still missing from the archive. Right up there with all the 2002-04 stuff I missed on my Wheel timeline (ditto all the stuff I saw on Season 6 reruns on GSN at the time).

+1 to Barbara Lowe even though I know they'd never do it.

I'd also like to see Daryl Scott's $1 win and the three-way tie, among others.
The New Year’s Day games from S14 and S15 are also MIA. Other than those four, the archive is 100% for the last 24 years. And S13 is only 19 games shy.

I don’t think there are any unarchived games that the average viewer would be excited to see.
Cat Hammarskjold
Feline Secretary-General

Post by Cat Hammarskjold »

I'm just wondering how the archivists got a copy of Ramsey Campbell's fifth game. I take it they reran it at some point. That game and the two unarchived ones from 2003 and two other games that were mostly preempted around the country for important historical events would be a fun week. Like, I don't know, I was only one at the time, so I don't remember this, but was anyone able to see Jeopardy! the day the Challenger exploded, or did that preempt everything? Was there any single one event at the end of the Cold War that preempted everything on a particular day? Something from Desert Storm? Lewinsky hearings? I don't know.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Cat Hammarskjold wrote: Tue Dec 01, 2020 11:17 pm I'm just wondering how the archivists got a copy of Ramsey Campbell's fifth game. I take it they reran it at some point.
That episode (and likely the remainder of that week) are archived thanks to GSN.
talkingaway

Post by talkingaway »

Frankly, I'm not picky as to what we see. I'd like "new" repeats - not the typical stuff we've seen recently (ie last 2-3 years), or that would get repeated all the time (ToCs, tie breaker game, single player J!, GOATs), or stuff that's been on Hulu/Netflix. But TPTB have to find a "theme" to get people interested.

No doubt "The Best of Alex" will be a theme. Whether it's Alex delivering clues in the Galapagos, or Alex making fun of a dead goat (llama?) who was ate cement, that's a way to get people interested. That could be one week.

The other obvious theme could be a preview of the rotating hosts to come. Preview 5 hosts and have a show that features them. No doubt 2 or 3 of the GOATs, and 2 or 3 celebrities who have either read clues or played themselves. They should have a list of at least 5 hosts by the time they have to lock in the reruns later this month, if they're going to do that many.
heppm01

Post by heppm01 »

FWIW and I don't know if this is related, but last night watching WDIV (Detroit) via AT&T TV was a rerun of Mackenzie Jones' seventh(?) game.