Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

seaborgium wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:46 pm We're back tonight! The show's publicity page hasn't been updated since September, and I don't recognize the players in the pictures I've seen on social media, so no word (from me) on whether any J! Archive player pages need editing.
https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=8702
Douglas Squasoni
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:34 am
seaborgium wrote: Wed Jan 05, 2022 6:46 pm We're back tonight! The show's publicity page hasn't been updated since September, and I don't recognize the players in the pictures I've seen on social media, so no word (from me) on whether any J! Archive player pages need editing.
Yes, I figured it out as I watched. I wish there were something better than "appeared on" to say about it.
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 2:03 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 1:34 am
Yes, I figured it out as I watched. I wish there were something better than "appeared on" to say about it.
I'll update his page tomorrow when I'm doing archive stuff. I also recalled him from J! even before his cash builder. Quite the episode.

Granite? :o
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Not that it matters for (current) J! Archive purposes, but Nellie's last name is apparently Kuh; I don't have one for Nick at the moment.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Pages updated for J! alums on 1/12/22 ep. (David Brown & Tiffany Gholar)

https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=8813
https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=8592
Last edited by MarkBarrett on Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

Redacted.
Last edited by Rackme32 on Sun Jan 16, 2022 3:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
yclept

Post by yclept »

The Beast dominated the final round. When he is in that kinda zone, the contestants really need to put up an insane score if they want a chance.
Interestingly, he appeared off early on in the show. The first challenger could have easily gone for the highest offer.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Rackme32 wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 12:35 pm
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 11:21 am Pages updated for J! alums on 1/12/22 ep. (David Brown & Tiffany Gholar)

[links]

Those links are password-protected; can't look at 'em.
One of those dumb things I do every so often. Thanks, its' fixed. If not too much trouble please edit your post to eliminate those non-public links.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Now that the publicity site for The Chase has gotten itself current, I'll just put it here for posterity that last week's third contestant with Neal Pollack and Nellie Kuh was Nick Fowler (who was eliminated before the final chase).
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

Did Labett's questions seem much easier than Holzhauer's to anyone else????

Though that being said I think the show works the best with the Beast as Chaser just like the GSN series.
Leander

Post by Leander »

cf1140 wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 11:21 am Did Labett's questions seem much easier than Holzhauer's to anyone else????

Though that being said I think the show works the best with the Beast as Chaser just like the GSN series.
I thought his questions seemed very easy, easier than the ones the challengers had. I do think the show seems designed for Labett’s personality more the others, but maybe that is colored by watching him so long on the daytime version.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

Just curious because I'm not able to figure it out - There is a LearnedLeague player LabbettM that has a college and location match for Chaser Mark Labbett, but the stats are underwhelming for a professional quizzer - What's going on with that?
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
sarisson

Post by sarisson »

MattKnowles wrote: Sat Jan 15, 2022 7:59 pm Just curious because I'm not able to figure it out - There is a LearnedLeague player LabbettM that has a college and location match for Chaser Mark Labbett, but the stats are underwhelming for a professional quizzer - What's going on with that?
It's him. LL is harder for people outside North America (especially in certain categories like television). Pat Gibson, who lives in the UK and is arguably the best quizzer in the entire world, is "only" batting in the .700's.
Hoping for a third lap
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

Former J! contestants on the show tomorrow:
https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.ph ... r_id=12109
https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=8834

Jasmine Gonzalez is the third, and is a different person from the two Jasmines who have been on Jeopardy.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

seaborgium wrote: Tue Jan 18, 2022 4:13 pm Former J! contestants on the show tomorrow:
https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.ph ... r_id=12109
https://www.j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=8834

Jasmine Gonzalez is the third, and is a different person from the two Jasmines who have been on Jeopardy.
Player pages updated, thanks.

The Beast reacted to the show using his hands. My reaction was the same though verbal along with adding an expletive adjective.
DirtyKash
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by DirtyKash »

Is it normal that Brad Rutter hasn't been the Chaser in a very long time? 13 episodes into season 2 and I can only remember him being Chaser twice. What's going on?
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

DirtyKash wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 5:10 pm Is it normal that Brad Rutter hasn't been the Chaser in a very long time? 13 episodes into season 2 and I can only remember him being Chaser twice. What's going on?
Think of it like a split season the way ABC has been doing it. The first half was 10 episodes. With four guys that is two for each and a third game for two of the guys? Brad was a 2 instead of a 3.

The second half of the season begins. No casual viewer of the show remembers or cares the spread and split from Eps. 1-10 airing prior to the holidays.

Fresh start and James is up since it's a good episode. Next up is the Beast since ABC wants to remind viewers he is a chaser now. Next up is Ken since the show does not seem to like contestants losing three in a row.

1/26 is a Ken rerun.

Is the season 18 episodes? If so, I would expect to see Brad in 2 of the last 5. He lost the GOAT and in no way does he exceed the reputation of Mark even though he is new this season. Brad plays 4 overall, but is paid for all of the episodes. It's all good by the end.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:02 pm Is the season 18 episodes? If so, I would expect to see Brad in 2 of the last 5. He lost the GOAT and in no way does he exceed the reputation of Mark even though he is new this season. Brad plays 4 overall, but is paid for all of the episodes. It's all good by the end.
My DVR guide shows this Wednesday's episode is with the Beast. The following Wed, it lists two episodes: one is called "The Swooner" and the other is called "Someone is Making The Beast Hungry" or something like that.

So, looks like 2 Beast and 1 possible for Brad.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

econgator wrote: Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:36 am
MarkBarrett wrote: Thu Jan 20, 2022 7:02 pm Is the season 18 episodes? If so, I would expect to see Brad in 2 of the last 5. He lost the GOAT and in no way does he exceed the reputation of Mark even though he is new this season. Brad plays 4 overall, but is paid for all of the episodes. It's all good by the end.
My DVR guide shows this Wednesday's episode is with the Beast. The following Wed, it lists two episodes: one is called "The Swooner" and the other is called "Someone is Making The Beast Hungry" or something like that.

So, looks like 2 Beast and 1 possible for Brad.
2/16 shows 9-11 for two shows again (ep. 17 & 18)
9 is James and 10 is Ken.

The night is tough enough for game show fans with NCC at 8 for a three hour block. For reality TV fans it's tougher with Celebrity Big Brother & Amazing Race on CBS. For TV-aholics it's rougher with I Can See Your Voice and Next Level Chef on Fox. If that kind of of TV viewer also likes sports then it's an impossible night.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

The Beast and Amy Schneider, both felled (in part) by questions about countries' letters.

Tonight's former J! contestants: Evan Bick, Sheldon Lewis II. Both have to be happier about this than their time on the J! stage.