Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Re: Fun with ABC's "The Chase" [Spoilers]

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

seaborgium wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:14 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:03 pm James: First Lazarus winner I believe.

Natasha Baker-Bradley: Am I chopped liver?
She wasn't brought back on her team's behalf after all three players were caught; she won as sole survivor.
Just like last week, I only caught a glimpse of the end of the episode as I have been tuning in to watch the ABC show “Who Do You Believe” live. Unfortunately this week, they did the Elvis thing instead.
Douglas Squasoni
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:36 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:03 pm James: First Lazarus winner I believe.

She wasn't brought back on her team's behalf after all three players were caught; she won as sole survivor.
Just like last week, I only caught a glimpse of the end of the episode as I have been tuning in to watch the ABC show “Who Do You Believe” live. Unfortunately this week, they did the Elvis thing instead.
If you saw enough to hear it called a Lazarus winner, you should have known that it wasn't the same thing as a solo winner. (Not to mention, the eliminated teammates returning to the stage should have signaled that something was different.)
LucarioSnooperVixey

seaborgium wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:51 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 1:36 am

If you saw enough to hear it called a Lazarus winner, you should have known that it wasn't the same thing as a solo winner. (Not to mention, the eliminated teammates returning to the stage should have signaled that something was different.)
I got the terms mixed up. That was a simple error on my part.
Douglas Squasoni
MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by MarkBarrett »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 4:21 pm Mark Barrett, please update Leslie, Liz, and Anurag's J! player pages. Even though they lost, they all made it to the Final Chase with a big prize pot and were narrowly defeated by James.

EDIT: Looks like none of the J! Alums who have been on The Chase this season have the line on their bios.
The pages for these three are done. I think. It's not fun and not easy to round up all the info and edit each page to code it properly.

I'll try to knock out 6/21 tomorrow and I know there are more to do.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Two J! alums as contestants on the 7/5 episode:

https://j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=9518
https://j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6407

If Leyya Suleman has been on J! I could not find her.

Victoria has been doing the knitting needles shtick for a long time as I interacted with her online in the 2004-2005 area and she would break out the needles when a category was not to her liking while expecting an 0/5.

Next week is probably the finale for now with Holey Moley finishing its season on the 12th. 8-10 episodes of The Chase could pop up later this summer, fall season or perhaps be held until 2023? No way just 10 eps. was the full order.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

MarkBarrett wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 1:24 am Victoria has been doing the knitting needles shtick for a long time as I interacted with her online in the 2004-2005 area and she would break out the needles when a category was not to her liking while expecting an 0/5.
In the Zoom online formats that have cropped up in the last couple of years that I've been doing, they require you to keep your hands on screen at all times. Knitting is a popular option to occupy the hands for those who partake in that pastime.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

No luck finding Jeffrey Kessler in the archive.

Carlos Ross: https://j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=8797
Genevieve Sheehan: https://j-archive.com/showplayer.php?player_id=6398

Yeah, that was a season finale. The episode was titled: "Guess They Don't Teach Math at Harvard!"

It should have been called "Die by the Sword".
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

A J! champion (they/them, BTW) and a J! also-ran who has history with our community were on tonight. I had a couple of guesses as to Jeffrey's last name, but neither was correct and Mr. Kessler has apparently not been on J! yet.

I could have brought Carlos's and Genevieve's money back to the team (both Genevieve and I would have easily brought her higher offer back too, I suspect), but under Jeffrey's circumstances I would have been caught and I was glad to see one taker of the higher offer succeed.
LucarioSnooperVixey

I initially thought Jeffrey was Jeff Schwartz(The one from Season 23) due to the hairstyle. Realized it definitely wasn't him after he said his location and occupation.

I did immediately recognize Carlos despite the completely different hairstyle.

Learning more things everyday. Nushu, a writing for women only. Arnold Schwarzenegger performing at the Sydney Opera House.

Expected a win, as it was the final episode.

Crossover of the Day: Karakoram mountain range

Did not expect James to miss the Oscar statuette question.

Linus was a bad miss for James.

Wasn't surprised to see James miss Mirandese as it has been missed by a Chaser before. UK Chase that is. Third times the charm?
Attachments
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 2.12.22 AM.png
Screen Shot 2022-07-13 at 2.12.22 AM.png (496.04 KiB) Viewed 2132 times
Douglas Squasoni
bluejaylink
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bluejaylink »

So that J! archive page says Genevieve is married to Troy Meyer who I believe is on Victoria Groce's team in the Online Quiz League.

So maybe the producer's had to make sure she wasn't the Chaser against Genevieve.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:15 am Learning more things everyday. Nushu, a writing for women only. Arnold Schwarzenegger performing at the Sydney Opera House.
Well he was born in Australia. It seemed like the obvious guess.
LucarioSnooperVixey

jeff6286 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 am
LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 2:15 am Learning more things everyday. Nushu, a writing for women only. Arnold Schwarzenegger performing at the Sydney Opera House.
He was born in Austria.

(Or are you joking with me?)
Douglas Squasoni
TheTabbyWhisperer
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by TheTabbyWhisperer »

I'd like to do a very special shout out to the meteorologist who couldn't wait two more seconds to cut in and let us know there were thunderstorms around. You're the best, Wren!
MinnesotaMyron
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 5:28 am
jeff6286 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 4:22 am
He was born in Austria.

(Or are you joking with me?)
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

I finally got around to watching the 6/7 episode, which I missed because I was out for my birthday and my machines failed me (which cost me in LearnedLeague when the French 75 came up there not long afterward). When Rajeev said his wife had won $44,000 on J!, I immediately thought that $43,999 would be a funny low offer provided he did well enough on the cash builder for that to be a significant cut. Lo and behold, he earned $90,000 and Victoria offered precisely that!

Seema and Rajeev still need updates to their player pages; Rajeev got caught in the head-to-head whereas Seema was taken out in the final chase (in pursuit of $100,000 banked between her and her surviving, non-J! teammate).
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

Will there be a season 4 of the chase?

A rerun of Celebrity Family Feud beat the Chase in viewers and the former was up against the MLB Allstar game.
teapot37

Post by teapot37 »

cf1140 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:32 pm Will there be a season 4 of the chase?

A rerun of Celebrity Family Feud beat the Chase in viewers and the former was up against the MLB Allstar game.
There is probably an entire season 4 already in the can. I know people personally whose episodes have taped but have not yet aired.
Not many people can say they've lost four times on Jeopardy!.
LucarioSnooperVixey

The Chase wiki fandom has blanks in Season 3.
Douglas Squasoni
cf1140
Not Jeopardy! Material

Post by cf1140 »

teapot37 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 11:13 pm
cf1140 wrote: Wed Jul 20, 2022 8:32 pm Will there be a season 4 of the chase?

There is probably an entire season 4 already in the can. I know people personally whose episodes have taped but have not yet aired.

That's just the second half of season 3.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Season 3 should be caught up for J! bio pages although it's certainly possible I missed someone. Even more likely is typos or coding errors to link the players in the same game.

On the paper where I keep notes about players/amounts to add to their J! archive pages from their appearance on The Chase I noticed today the names Mike Upchurch and John Kyle Grady. I'm guessing I must have seen a post on FB about them not airing yet or otherwise don't know why I have their names written.