Jeopardy! Interim Host Thread

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

squarekara
J! Reactionary

Re: Jeopardy! Interim Host Thread

Post by squarekara »

Volante wrote: Wed Dec 29, 2021 7:55 pm
Well, fine... (language warning at link)
https://www.salon.com/2021/12/29/dr-oz- ... -reporter/
Dr. Mehmet Oz and his wife Lisa were overheard by a journalist describing her as a "******* girl reporter" after they failed to hang up successfully while trying to duck her phone calls.
TenPoundHammer
Otters are meant to swim

Post by TenPoundHammer »

Dr. Oz should interview Morgan Wallen.
Ten Pound Hammer

This space for rent
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Dr. Mehmet Oz and his wife Lisa were overheard by a journalist describing her as a "******* girl reporter" after they failed to hang up successfully while trying to duck her phone calls.
Specifically, it was wife Lisa who used the language, and it was in response to the reporter showing up at Dr. Oz's office uninvited and apparently fabricating a scheduled interview appointment with Dr. Oz, then calling a cell phone number for Oz's wife that she found on the Internet. Neither Lisa nor the reporter come off looking good, but a headline that implies that Oz used vulgar or misogynistic language in describing the reporter is misleading, so the media comes off looking the worst, IMO.
Anachronism
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Anachronism »

Robert K S wrote: Thu Dec 30, 2021 11:48 am Neither Lisa nor the reporter come off looking good, but a headline that implies that Oz used vulgar or misogynistic language in describing the reporter is misleading, so the media comes off looking the worst, IMO.
Media no longer exists to report or inform the public or practice journalism in an ethical manner. It's just what they do these days. They're propaganda outlets for whatever causes or politics their owners support. We still need a free press. Hopefully it will work itself out when the owners realize what they've done. But it will take a while. I'm not holding my breath.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

I saw a Dr. Oz for the Senate commercial on ESPN during Penn State’s bowl game.

Levar Burton did the coin toss at the Rose Bowl.
gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by gameshowfandanny »

According to the Xfinity TV Remote app, Mayim Bialik will return to hosting Jeopardy! the week of January 31.
MinnesotaMyron
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by MinnesotaMyron »

I have no information one way or the other, but I'm curious if they'll let Ken host when a player gets close to his 74-game record.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

MinnesotaMyron wrote: Mon Jan 10, 2022 10:22 pm I have no information one way or the other, but I'm curious if they'll let Ken host when a player gets close to his 74-game record.
Can't imagine why not...he doesn't seem the Joe West/Tim Donaghy type
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): I, Tonya (7), Despicable Me 2 (6), Despicable Me 3 (5), Downsizing (5)
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Games 74-75 would be March 14 and 15, assuming no more tournaments.