Online test reminder email

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Online test reminder email

Post by Magna »

I registered for and took the Central test in January, and today received a reminder by email telling me I'm registered for tomorrow's test. Just wondering if anyone else who took the January test got this reminder email.

I'm a little nervous that this might mean my January test results didn't go through or something like that. I've emailed them back about this but who knows if they'll reply by tomorrow evening. (If it matters, I'm in the Pacific time zone but took the Central time zone test.)

bpmod
Rank

Re: Online test reminder email

Post by bpmod »

Magna wrote:I registered for and took the Central test in January, and today received a reminder by email telling me I'm registered for tomorrow's test. Just wondering if anyone else who took the January test got this reminder email.

I'm a little nervous that this might mean my January test results didn't go through or something like that. I've emailed them back about this but who knows if they'll reply by tomorrow evening. (If it matters, I'm in the Pacific time zone but took the Central time zone test.)
Hmmmm....

Something's fishy.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.

BoK
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BoK »

I got the same email, even though I took the test in January. I figure it's a glitch in their system.

debramc
Iced Mare Grub

Post by debramc »

Magna wrote:I registered for and took the Central test in January, and today received a reminder by email telling me I'm registered for tomorrow's test. Just wondering if anyone else who took the January test got this reminder email.

I think if I were you and I hadn't heard from them by tomorrow, I'd log on and take the test. If you can. You've notified them of the situation and you should be eligible to take it again anyway as long as you haven't had an audition since the last time you took it (unless they specified otherwise for this one, since it's so soon after the last one).
ETA: Just saw BoK's post - hmm. Maybe it is just a glitch. Hmmm. If they're sending these to everyone, they're either going to get a lot of emails asking what's up, or a lot more people retaking it than they figured on...

Righte01
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by Righte01 »

I received the reminder email as well. I'm not sure if I should go ahead and take it again. I never registered for the March test, but they emailed me a test registration confirmation number. It is the same confirmation number that I used to take the January test.

Woppy T

Post by Woppy T »

I took the test in January and I got the new email as well.

MexiKen
Contributor

Post by MexiKen »

Ditto. Took the Eastern test - got the reminder email today.

boson
Trivial

Post by boson »

I got the same email. In the re-announce for the new test they emphasize that you don't have to register again, but also that if you took the test the first time around, you shouldn't take it again. I figure they just sent out a blanket email to make sure they aren't missing anyone.

Of course, I haven't got an audition email (yet!), so I don't know for a fact that they've registered my test result. If someone got an audition invitation, AND got this reminder email, then we'll know for sure that the email is nothing to worry about.

So - did any soon-to-be-auditioners get an email reminding them to take the online test this week?

lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

Took the January test, no audition invite, no reminder email. They must really not want me this year.

dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

lisa0012 wrote:Took the January test, no audition invite, no reminder email. They must really not want me this year.
Same, same, same, and same.
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012

OrangeSAM

Post by OrangeSAM »

lisa0012 wrote:Took the January test, no audition invite, no reminder email. They must really not want me this year.
dhkendall wrote:Same, same, same, and same.
I'm glad to see I've got good company to share my misery.
OCSam

ronbob
Just Starting Out on JBoard

Post by ronbob »

Hello Jboard - first time poster, long time lurker. I also got the reminder email despite having taken the January test. I sent them an email and will probably try to take the test if I don't get a reply telling me that I can't.

Sherm

Post by Sherm »

Long time lurker, I actually registered on the board to ask this question, because I figured some would know the answer. I sent the Email back to jeopardy to get my enter password and they sent it back to me. I thought it might have been goofed up because my son enrolled for the teen tourny, but its definately for me, not him.

I looked at registering for the March test, and it said not to if you enrolled in January. Just guessing, but maybe they lost some of the results.

immaf
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by immaf »

RATS! I wish I would get a reminder email. I only got a 33-34 on the Eastern test in January, and I'd love a second bite at the apple.
Teems with quiet fun.

Case
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Case »

I just got back from my Dallas audition today, and I did NOT receive a test reminder email. I did receive two audition reminder emails last week.

jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

immaf wrote:RATS! I wish I would get a reminder email. I only got a 33-34 on the Eastern test in January, and I'd love a second bite at the apple.
Same year, I just checked my emails, and I haven't gotten one either. I too fell short of 35, so I would have loved to give the test another try, even if it wouldn't have actually counted.

Roadgeek Adam
TOC Geek

Post by Roadgeek Adam »

Eastern, got one as well. I am not taking it obviously. (I am registered with the College one on April 25.)
Adam Seth Moss
DoorDasher (since May 7, 2020)
M.A. History, Western Illinois Univ, 2017
B.A. History (minors in PoliSci & PubAdm), Montclair State Univ, 2015
A.A. History & Education, Middlesex County Coll., 2013

ten96lt
Valued Contributor

Post by ten96lt »

I created a fake registration with a different email under a sibling's name who said they had no interest in taking the test or trying to get on so I could do it to practice (I checked the "not eligible" box so their name doesn't go into consideration for an audition spot). I received a reminder email for the fake registration, but not a reminder under the email I gave when I received my audition notice.

Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Post by Magna »

Just go this reply:
You did not receive this email in error. Our records do not show that you took the test in January. We trust that you logged in, and we’re uncertain why we did not receive your responses on our end. We apologize for any inconvenience or confusion this causes you.

You are eligible to take tomorrow night’s test. Your previous registration information still applies. We hope that you’ll be able to participate.
So I'll be taking it again!

Roadgeek Adam
TOC Geek

Post by Roadgeek Adam »

Well, I wonder how many schedules that knocks around tomorrow to take it, for those who got the email.
Adam Seth Moss
DoorDasher (since May 7, 2020)
M.A. History, Western Illinois Univ, 2017
B.A. History (minors in PoliSci & PubAdm), Montclair State Univ, 2015
A.A. History & Education, Middlesex County Coll., 2013