Dallas Auditions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

koam
Loyal Jeopardista

Re: Dallas Auditions

Post by koam »

slam wrote: On a related point, I don't believe that people generally score dramatically better in-person than online. The in-person test might indeed be a bit easier, but I don't think it's as much easier than people claim, I think people's belief that it's easier stems from that inability to completely go over the questions as they can with the online test because of the availability of a transcript. One forgets some of the questions that one got wrong. I know I do.

Sample size of 1, but I got a 40 online and think I got ~49 in-person (though, of course, I could be off by a few).

I agree with your assessment that it's easy to forget or not know what you got wrong.

Also, with written there's the chance to write in or change an answer during the very short downtime after you've answered another question, which makes the written test inherently easier to do better on.
Magna
Hooked on Jeopardy

Re: Dallas Auditions

Post by Magna »

The in-person test is written, which is somewhat easier. Unless they've changed the format, you can go back and make corrections or additions.