Tuesday, March 2, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

SBurrus
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Tuesday, March 2, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by SBurrus »

Leander wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 6:17 pm If Bibi crossed my mind, I never would have thought he was in office that long. I had no answer.
I didn't think of him, either...but after the answer was revealed, it made perfect sense. All I could do was sigh.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:33 pm I had Abe for FJ. Definitely would have switched to Netanyahu had I thought of him.
Also had Abe for FJ, though I thought of Netanyahu. Didn't switch. Darn.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Lefty
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Lefty »

BigDaddyMatty wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 8:12 pm The Robin Hood category was insultingly easy. $3600 for naming two of the story's main characters, spotted "maid" and "lawman"? Seriously?

That was my reaction. It didn't take a Sherwood Forest Irregular to run that.

morbeedo wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 9:22 pm Already bored of Mike Richards’ supercilious “nooo”

I haven't noticed because I haven't watched, but I'll bet he was hoping "Literally, sheep-ish" would evoke "what is 'ewish'"?, so he could say "you WISH!"

Not surprised by the down falling in "Up Rising". Bad conception, and the name would make sense only if it followed a "Ghetto" or "Soweto" category.
I'm smart and I want respect.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

talkingaway wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 11:42 pm
Volante wrote: Tue Mar 02, 2021 10:42 pm Did not like how Richards straight negged 'upload'; I feel Trebek would've gone "we need both words"
I think the problem was more the category requirements rather than the actual negging. He specifically said during the category reveal that each correct response requires two words - one with "up" and one without. If the host says "give TWO WORDS" at the start, and the contestants give one...there's not much the host can do.
No, I agree, that is exactly the circumstance for which Alex would've given a contestant a reminder.
LucarioSnooperVixey
Carrying Letters and Lemons

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

60 R
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: Kilauea, John F. Kennedy, Jackie Robinson, Filet-O-Fish, Set & Upset, Load & Upload, Pity & Uppity, Philip II, Fudge, Nauvoo, Cathode
Douglas Squasoni
rockyboy34
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by rockyboy34 »

Ok, the $1K clue for Presidential Birthplaces was way too easy for that...or maybe I just live in that city. :P

When I read the clue for FJ!, I just gave up. Glad it didn’t get triple-stumped, though.

7/10 (B-)
It's the end of the journey that counts.