Monday, March 22, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

cthulhu
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Monday, March 22, 2021 Game Recap and Discussion (SPOILERS)

Post by cthulhu »

This Is Kirk! wrote:
Wed Mar 24, 2021 1:01 am
ElendilPickle wrote:
Tue Mar 23, 2021 11:17 pm
cthulhu wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 11:30 pm
MattKnowles wrote:
Mon Mar 22, 2021 10:58 pm
I said halfling instead of tween. Judges? One source says that halfling was originally used for awkward adolescents so it seems right to me but definitely not what they were going for.
Nope. “Halfling” in Tolkien is the formal name used for hobbits in the “high” cultures up such as the Elves and the Men of the West. “Tween” refers to a hobbit in his/her careless twenties before the “coming of age” at 33.
Wow, that's a pretty deep cut for Jeopardy.
I think they expected us to know the term for humans that age rather than have advanced hobbit knowledge. :D
Agree the human angle is a WECIB, but if you also know the Tolkien side of the question, there’s no hesitation.
But I also agree the Tolkien side is pretty deep in Hobbit/LOTR arcana; I’m only aware of it being mentioned once in the entire corpus, early in Chapter 1 of “Fellowship”, in the run up to Bilbo’s party. LOTR trivia is a wheelhouse category for me though.

LucarioSnooperVixey
Quizizz Jammer

Post by LucarioSnooperVixey »

58 R (Couldn't tell you any of Chaka Khan's songs and "I Heard it through the Grapevine" is the only Marvin Gaye song I know.)
DD: 3/3
FJ: :mrgreen:
LT: George Bernard Shaw, Tween, UGG, (40 Winks), Mimicry, Combat Boots, Beck, M.C. Escher, Bay of Fundy, Tampa Bay, Kool & the Gang, Andy Warhol

BrigadierSolo13
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by BrigadierSolo13 »

LucarioSnooperVixey wrote:
Mon Mar 29, 2021 1:30 am
Couldn't tell you any of Chaka Khan's songs
If you listen to "I Feel For You" even once, you'll never forget who sang it :lol: