How Did Aaron Rodgers Do as Host?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Rate Aaron Rodgers on a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is best

5%
No votes
1%
1%
2%
11%
17%
24%
27%
12%

Total votes: 94

Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: How Did Aaron Rodgers Do as Host?

Post by Sherm »

No way Rodgers is hosting anything full time until his NFL days are done. Green Bay is paying him way too much to let him do a second full time job. I'm sure they would object and they have every right to.

I will say he has set himself up very well to be doing what Peyton Manning and Micheal Strahan are doing when he is done taking snaps.

Also, even if someone said it was all right for Rodgers to host and all of the shows were shot in the off season. You have shows taped in July that don't air for almost 7 months. Too much of a chance of something really dated being on the show. A host making a comment like some musician still making great music, and he's been dead for four months due to an accident.
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

Right. Logistically it's possibly, but it would be problematic from many angles.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

Even speculating he could do both is ridiculous.
Golf
Wet Paper Bag Charmer

Post by Golf »

Bamaman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm Even speculating he could do both is ridiculous.
This.

Most have no idea what professional athletes go through in the off season. Or during the season.
flemmingfan
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by flemmingfan »

I'm with the 8.5 bunch, I liked Aaron. To me he cane across as genuine and unpretentious and I liked his smile. I also liked Mike Richards but he has an advantage in a comparison of the two being as he has hosted game shows before and is totally familiar with the Jeopardy set up. As far as explaining answers, I think that should be left up to the viewer (look it up and perhaps learn)
On the interviewing segment, I think he handled it well, this is the contestants moment to shine so let them. The host should be just that , keep the show moving and have fun. If Buzzy is on the list, I will be looking forward to his appearance. BTW,I don't think Ken would be a good choice,IMHO.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:53 pm
triviawayne wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:40 am Let's face it, the man doesn't have the time to do both jobs, unless one or both jobs change schedules.
I agree. Although it certainly seems possible that the entire Jeopardy! season could be taped during the NFL's off-season. Basically he'd have from February till July to get the entire season in the can. I'm sure it could be done.
of course it could be. WWTBAM only taped a couple months a year at 5 shows/day, a few days per week. It would be quite intense for everyone involved, much more intense than a show like Millionaire; but it is a well oiled machine.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

Golf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:41 pm
Bamaman wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:37 pm Even speculating he could do both is ridiculous.
This.

Most have no idea what professional athletes go through in the off season. Or during the season.
Yup. That would be as silly as playing in the NFL and MLB simultaneously. Oh, wait.....
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

AFRET CMS wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 4:02 pm
Golf wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 1:41 pm
This.

Yup. That would be as silly as playing in the NFL and MLB simultaneously. Oh, wait.....
That that list is as short as it is really proves the point...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

It probably helps that the NFL doesn't play much on Tuesdays and virtually never plays on Wednesdays.

If Rodgers thinks he could make it work, as he said himself, I'll take his word for it. But he's not my preferred permanent host anyway.
Rackme32
Three-time Failer Of The Online Jeopardy! Test

Post by Rackme32 »

Well, there's this to consider, if the Jeopardy folks want to try and wrestle Rodgers away from Da Pack:

https://people.com/tv/aaron-rodgers-gue ... 00013032cd
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

Can Aaron Rodgers do J! and the NFL? That's been one question. Aaron Rodgers found time to appear on The Conners, as a preview of the last two episodes of the season (starting May 12) showed him as host & Jackie as a contestant.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

MarkBarrett wrote: Fri Apr 23, 2021 1:38 am Can Aaron Rodgers do J! and the NFL? That's been one question. Aaron Rodgers found time to appear on The Conners, as a preview of the last two episodes of the season (starting May 12) showed him as host & Jackie as a contestant.
Does Aaron Rodgers have more time in a calendar year than he spends on the NFL?

Well duh, of course he does.

Does he have time for what would concieveably take less than an hour during the off-season; something that had him doing almost exactly what he was already spending his time doing?

Judging by his appearance on The Conners, sure looks like he does (did).

Does he have time from late July/early August all the way through April/May to commit to filming Jeopardy at a high standard?

Probably not.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

How do I subtract 9 points from my response?
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:11 pm How do I subtract 9 points from my response?
Your phone probably has a calculator app that can help with that.
Picked Off
Jeopardy! Contestant

Post by Picked Off »

We should do our own research on this poll.
Season 27 player and lifelong fan
CailinGaoilge
Location: Ontario, Canada; formerly resident in UK and Ireland

Post by CailinGaoilge »

alietr wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:11 pm How do I subtract 9 points from my response?
👆👆👆 THIS.
mas3cf

Post by mas3cf »

Picked Off wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 6:25 pm We should do our own research on this poll.
I don't believe in polls, we just don't know the risks. I only take horse polls.
MattKnowles
selwonKttaM

Post by MattKnowles »

I think we should wait to judge until we have more information. Maybe he had horse-sized worms.
I had a dream that I was asleep and then I woke up and Jeopardy! was on.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

I'm sticking with my score, like I will with Oz. The question solely asks how they did as host, not if we accept them as a permanent host.

That's the hair I'm splitting and I'm sticking to it...
The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): Everything Everywhere All at Once (10), Ruby Gillman: Teenage Kraken (6), Black Sunday /1960/ (6), Marcel the Shell with Shoes On (7)
Sherm

Post by Sherm »

When it comes to COVID and the shot.

I work for a small engineering firm. Early this summer a healthy 56 year old CAD operator I work with got the first of two shots. Two days later he got sick, and I mean really sick. Went to the hospital about two days after that. A week later he's been transferred from two different hospitals and is in ICU in a third in Danville PA, which is considered one of the best in the northeast PA region.

The illness was non-COVID related. The doctors still don't know what went wrong, he missed a month of work in a desk job. To tired to sit and work. Maybe it was a crazy coincidence, but I will tell anyone this. This is what I know as a fact, not something somebody has written on the internet or something I've read telling me how safe these shots are.

I've got about 20 co-workers, most with college degrees. All of the ones that have gotten the shot are not getting any type of booster and the ones that had yet to get the shot. Aren't going to get it.

Thats my personal experience. What happened to a person I know very well concerns me than COVID does. I would never be critical of someone who is getting shots or boosters, but I will never speak poorly of someone who decides not to.