How Did Aaron Rodgers Do as Host?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

Rate Aaron Rodgers on a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is best

5%
No votes
1%
1%
2%
11%
17%
24%
27%
12%

Total votes: 94

trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Re: How Did Aaron Rodgers Do as Host?

Post by trainman »

Sherm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 pmAll of the ones that have gotten the shot are not getting any type of booster and the ones that had yet to get the shot. Aren't going to get it.
Without saying anything else about your post... hopefully the unvaccinated ones are adhering to your company's guidelines, and all other health guidelines, that have been set for unvaccinated people. Because Aaron Rodgers wasn't adhering to NFL guidelines, as far as anyone can tell.
Sherm
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Sherm »

trainman wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 10:55 pm
Sherm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 pmAll of the ones that have gotten the shot are not getting any type of booster and the ones that had yet to get the shot. Aren't going to get it.
Without saying anything else about your post... hopefully the unvaccinated ones are adhering to your company's guidelines, and all other health guidelines, that have been set for unvaccinated people. Because Aaron Rodgers wasn't adhering to NFL guidelines, as far as anyone can tell.
Simply, all of my co-workers and the business owner are on the same page. We all feel certain that without modern medicine, the CAD operator would be dead. It was scary. It effects how you think, how you judge and what you believe. I'm not going to make another statement on it.
yclept

Post by yclept »

He was still a fun host in my eyes.

Finding out that he follows the advice of Joe Rogan and essentially became unhinged would certainly kill any small chance he had of ever coming back. There’s always a chance to run for a Senate seat, though.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

yclept wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:36 am He was still a fun host in my eyes.

Finding out that he follows the advice of Joe Rogan and essentially became unhinged would certainly kill any small chance he had of ever coming back. There’s always a chance to run for a Senate seat, though.
Sad but true. Judging from the candidacy of JD Vance, being unhinged is no barrier to candidacy for the US Senate.
RandyG
Founder of the Royal House of JBoardie of the Month

Post by RandyG »

Woof wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:56 am
yclept wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 10:36 am He was still a fun host in my eyes.

Sad but true. Judging from the candidacy of JD Vance, being unhinged is no barrier to candidacy for the US Senate.
Wrong candidate. Josh Mandel is unhinged. JD Vance is calculating.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

My next Senator is Mo Brooks. End of discussion.
Golf
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by Golf »

Why give this douche any more oxygen? As I’ve mentioned, I spent an evening in a social setting with him and other Packers and he was a complete prick. Was supposed to be socializing and signing autographs and was the only player not to do so. And this was before he won a Super Bowl.

He simply thinks he’s above the rules others have to follow. F him.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Sherm wrote: Fri Nov 05, 2021 9:52 pm When it comes to COVID and the shot.

I work for a small engineering firm. Early this summer a healthy 56 year old CAD operator I work with got the first of two shots. Two days later he got sick, and I mean really sick. Went to the hospital about two days after that. A week later he's been transferred from two different hospitals and is in ICU in a third in Danville PA, which is considered one of the best in the northeast PA region.

The illness was non-COVID related. The doctors still don't know what went wrong, he missed a month of work in a desk job. To tired to sit and work. Maybe it was a crazy coincidence, but I will tell anyone this. This is what I know as a fact, not something somebody has written on the internet or something I've read telling me how safe these shots are.

I've got about 20 co-workers, most with college degrees. All of the ones that have gotten the shot are not getting any type of booster and the ones that had yet to get the shot. Aren't going to get it.

Thats my personal experience. What happened to a person I know very well concerns me than COVID does. I would never be critical of someone who is getting shots or boosters, but I will never speak poorly of someone who decides not to.

What you know is someone who got sick after getting the shot; not someone who you know for sure got sick FROM the shot—big difference.
Total game show career losings = $171,522
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

Somewhere along the line (within a nanosecond of Trump's first press conference, undoubtedly), COVID became a deeply-dividing political issue. Vaccination has become even worse. People throw around the term "science" as if it's some sort of religious experience. They make assertions based on belief systems and political laundry that have nothing to do with the scientific method.

Rodgers is alive, as are all of the Packer players and opponents and people who deal with the team. The NFL policy is intended to get players to choose to be vaccinated. He will be severely punished, undoubtedly, because that's the way our major corporations work these days. Sure, a lot of people are getting sick from exposure to vaccinated people, but the vaccine reduces risk and transmission so it's a good idea to encourage it.

Surely there's a better way to help people learn more about COVID and vaccination than our current political climate. It's as if people don't want reasoned discussion about anything. I am vaccinated. I recommend vaccination for adults who don't have allergies to the ingredients. But it's actually difficult to find trusted sources for anything these days, since politics is all-consuming. If someone genuinely believes the infertility rumor, there are better ways to help dispel that than the nastiness we see everywhere.

The politicians have won. We are no longer interested in real problems or our families or our loved ones. It's all about red or blue and the artificial divisions the politicians and the media trumpet incessantly. If we could just collectively stand up to this hate, maybe we could stop feeling so terrible about our world's future. They win when we hate. It makes them relevant and powerful and nastier and nastier.
AFRET CMS
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by AFRET CMS »

I work for a small engineering firm. Early this summer a healthy 56 year old CAD operator I work with got the first of two shots. Two days later he got sick, and I mean really sick. Went to the hospital about two days after that. A week later he's been transferred from two different hospitals and is in ICU in a third in Danville PA, which is considered one of the best in the northeast PA region.

The illness was non-COVID related. The doctors still don't know what went wrong, he missed a month of work in a desk job. To tired to sit and work. Maybe it was a crazy coincidence, but I will tell anyone this. This is what I know as a fact, not something somebody has written on the internet or something I've read telling me how safe these shots are.

I've got about 20 co-workers, most with college degrees. All of the ones that have gotten the shot are not getting any type of booster and the ones that had yet to get the shot. Aren't going to get it.

Thats my personal experience. What happened to a person I know very well concerns me than COVID does. I would never be critical of someone who is getting shots or boosters, but I will never speak poorly of someone who decides not to.
Good grief. A "non-COVID related" illness (your words) two days, two months, or two years after the shot is irrelevant. Two days after my second shot, I was in the dentist's chair with a toothache from a failed root canal that resulted in an apicoectomy. My toothache is not a legitimate reason for others to avoid the vaccine.

In Colorado, we're at 72% fully vaccinated and 79% partially vaccinated. We're also at 95% ICU occupancy with about a third of total capacity absorbed by COVID patients, making COVID patients by far the largest single group in our ICUs. Hospitals are on diversion and stroke, cardiac, and trauma patients are having to be transported longer distances to find someplace with capacity to treat them. 80% of the COVID patients in ICUs are from the unvaccinated 20% population. And they account for more than 90% of the ICU deaths from COVID.

There are valid reasons for a very small number not to get the vaccine. But I do reserve the right to have opinions about those who refuse the vaccine for irrational reasons.
Last edited by AFRET CMS on Sat Nov 06, 2021 7:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
Anachronism

Post by Anachronism »

https://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/covid-19/i ... icity.html

This report, published by the CDC, gives Pfizer's study on reactions to their shots. "The proportions of participants who reported at least 1 serious adverse event were 0.6% in the vaccine group and 0.5% in the placebo group." After reading this study, I felt confident that the benefits of the shot outweighed the risks. But no long-term study is possible so far, so my decision wasn't fully informed.

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/data/hospit ... -day-trend

This shows ICU usage. You can look at individual states. Some states are getting hit harder than others. It seems to have no relation to vaccination rates, and more related to the season. Florida, for instance, is doing well right now.

The misinformation from AFRET's post is the percentage of ICU beds in Colorado with COVID patients. It's not 80%. It's more like 30%. That's not cool.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

My mother-in-law died last month, one week after getting her booster. I guess her being 86 had nothing to do with it.
AFRET CMS
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by AFRET CMS »

Anachronism wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 2:29 pm The misinformation from AFRET's post is the percentage of ICU beds in Colorado with COVID patients. It's not 80%. It's more like 30%. That's not cool.
Original post edited for better clarification.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
twelvefootboy

Post by twelvefootboy »

TLDR: I thought Aaron was a crybaby and a whiner already. Now I think he's a lying douchebag, and apparently ignorant (not stupid, but willfully ignorant).

Is this where we get to dump on Aaron Rodgers? I generally ignore athlete's personas because I don't give a damn about their "brand". But Aaron totally lost me with his drama and whining about the Jordan Love draft pick. He reinforced that with his whining about his Matt LeFleur taking the ball from him to try to win a football game. I firmly don't believe he would have got that touchdown. Tampa Bay owned them, and stuffed them on 3 and out after giving him extra possessions 3 times in the game.

When it mattered, Rodgers failed to complete 3 passes (he did get one for the TD) from the 2 yard line, and 3 from the 8 yard line. It seemed sure that Green Bay needed two scores, so LaFleur took the sure thing. The gamble on the 4th down from the 8 yard line still required the 2 pointer (which was stuffed from that distance 3 times already), just to TIE the game. The Jeopardy player who trolled Matt LaFleur didn't really get any sympathy from me, but I get why he did it.

It is sad that facts and evidence are trumped (inadvertent choice of words) by rumors and deliberate misinformation fed to GULLIBLE people. This vaccine development should stand out as an epic achievement for humankind and way more consequential than sending humans into space where they will never belong.

some of the game summaries, but I've edited it to illegibility:
Spoiler
End of 3rd quarter: Rodgers failed to score on 3 of 4 attempts from the 2 yard line (counting the missed conversion attempt from the 2)

1st & Goal at TB 2
(1:13 - 3rd) (Shotgun) J.Williams up the middle to TB 2 for no gain (J.Pierre-Paul; D.White).

2nd & Goal at TB 2
(0:31 - 3rd) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short right.

3rd & Goal at TB 2
(0:24 - 3rd) Davante Adams Pass From Aaron Rodgers for 2 Yrds TWO-POINT CONVERSION ATTEMPT. A.Rodgers pass to E.St. Brown is incomplete. ATTEMPT FAILS.

Score 28-23, Tampa at beginning of fourth quarter

After being gifted TWO Tom Brady interceptions by his defense, Rodgers goes 3 and out both times

Final GB possession:

1st & Goal at TB 8
(2:22 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to A.Lazard.

2nd & Goal at TB 8
(2:19 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams [N.Suh].

3rd & 8 at TB 8
(2:15 - 4th) (Shotgun) A.Rodgers pass incomplete short middle to D.Adams (A.Adams).

4th & Goal at TB 8
(2:05 - 4th) Mason Crosby 26 Yd Field Goal
Disclaimer - repeated exposure to author's musings may cause befuddlement.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

253261150_1507771162938303_507869725856150368_n.jpg
253261150_1507771162938303_507869725856150368_n.jpg (39.03 KiB) Viewed 1915 times
billiej

Post by billiej »

Attachments
20211108_095303.jpg
20211108_095303.jpg (93.23 KiB) Viewed 1735 times
This Is Kirk!
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by This Is Kirk! »

triviawayne wrote: Sat Nov 06, 2021 12:30 pm

What you know is someone who got sick after getting the shot; not someone who you know for sure got sick FROM the shot—big difference.
People really love anecdotal evidence.
Charming
Valued Contributor

Post by Charming »

I have followed some of the drama following Rogers' foolishness over the vaccines, very difficult to avoid. So, if you are really allergic to the mRNA vaccines, get the J&J. End of conversation.

If he does not know the difference between treatment and prevention, he doesn't deserve to host anything more mentally challenging than Family Feud.

BTW, my score based on his performance was a solid 3. He was okay but I dislike his voice.
bkellysky
Loyal Jeopardista

Post by bkellysky »

This Is Kirk! wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 11:43 am
People really love anecdotal evidence.
[/quote]
So I hear. :)
brick

Post by brick »

Look. Here's something someone has written on the internet.