TD 146.5: A Roof Spill?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

jeff6286
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

TD 146.5: A Roof Spill?

Post by jeff6286 »

African Countries
Name an African country with a one word name that is more than 10 letters long.

Presidential Dates
Other than January 20 and March 4, name a date on which more than one U.S. President has taken office.

Record Breakers
Name an artist that has had an album sell more than 2.5 million copies in one week in the United States. (According to Nielsen Soundscan)

Islands
Name a South American island that has a population of at least 2 million people.

Leading Ladies
Arizona is the state that has had the most female governors in its history. Name another state that has had more than 2 women serve as governor.

Football Coaches
Name a man who has won the Super Bowl as head coach for two different NFL franchises.

Oscar-Winning Films
Name an actor or actress that has appeared in more than 3 Best Picture winners since 1970.

Outer Space
Name a constellation that starts with the letter W.

Lords of the Flies
Name a Major League Baseball player that won more than 12 Gold Gloves (awarded for excellence in fielding) for playing the outfield.

State Borders
Name two U.S. states that share a border and both start with the letter M.
Last edited by jeff6286 on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Re: TD 147: A Roof Spill

Post by econgator »

Rules and stuff?
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

econgator wrote:Rules and stuff?
Sorry, forgot to mention that for this game, there are no rules.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

PM's only, at least?

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

If I had 50 cents for every math question I got right, I'd have $6.30 by now.
jeff6286

Re: TD 147: A Roof Spill?

Post by jeff6286 »

bpmod wrote:PM's only, at least?

Brian
Oh yeah, I guess there needs to be at least one rule. Otherwise people could just post all the answers in the thread.
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

jeff6286 wrote:
bpmod wrote:PM's only, at least?

Brian
Oh yeah, I guess there needs to be at least one rule. Otherwise people could just post all the answers in the thread.
I already did, but I deleted them.

Brian
...but the senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity.

xxaaaxx

Post by xxaaaxx »

jeff6286 wrote:
econgator wrote:Rules and stuff?
Sorry, forgot to mention that for this game, there are no rules.
Sweet! I'll have my winning entry with 10 0-point drops ready by Memorial Day! (since there's no deadline posted)

:mrgreen:
MexiKen
Contributor

Post by MexiKen »

I'm glad you brought up a roof spill - seems to be a constant issue for me when I get up there using my floor pails.

Looking forward to submitting on this one. Should be a doozy.
lisa0012

Post by lisa0012 »

So many choices, I have no idea how I'll decide what answers to submit. Thank you for such a thought-provoking TD of the highest quality.
bomtr
Just a Man Like Any Other

Post by bomtr »

I'm afraid I'm not going to get any of these.
Austin Powers

Post by Austin Powers »

Very tough set of questions this time.
Paucle
Trekardy! Writer

Post by Paucle »

I'm afraid I'll get some wrong. Just gonna leave all mine blank.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Now that it's Monday where I live, I can offer this reply: I believe that there is a correct answer to your last question, Jeff, if you accept that borders exist over water.
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

That's Numberwang!
dhkendall
Pursuing the Dream

Post by dhkendall »

TenPoundHammer wrote:That's Numberwang!
TPH is commenting in a TD thread? I have to check to see if today is April Fool's Day!
"Jeopardy! is two parts luck and one part luck" - Me

"The way to win on Jeopardy is to be a rabidly curious, information-omnivorous person your entire life." - Ken Jennings

Follow my progress game by game since 2012
TenPoundHammer

Post by TenPoundHammer »

dhkendall wrote:
TenPoundHammer wrote:That's Numberwang!
TPH is commenting in a TD thread? I have to check to see if today is April Fool's Day!
It looks like I did post in a TD thread before. Take a look here.
jeff6286

Post by jeff6286 »

Well, in case anyone hadn't figured it out yet, I suppose I should come clean and mention that this entire post was not a real Think Different game. It was my lame attempt at an April Fool's joke. The questions were all written with the intention of there being no correct answers. I assumed that I would have overlooked something and there would indeed be a correct answer to at least one question, but other than the land/water border issue between Minnesota and Michigan, no one has come forward yet.

I actually stumbled upon that geographic tidbit while trying to come up with some sort of clever state-related question, and I thought it was pretty cool. I had never before noticed that despite 8 of the 50 states starting with "M", none of them share a (land) border with each other. The same is very nearly true of the 8 "N" states, as only New York and New Jersey share a border.

So thanks to everyone who posted here for at least humoring me and not telling me how pathetic this was. I had intended to post it just after midnight, but by the time I came up with enough questions that I thought were acceptable, it was around 1 AM and I very nearly just abandoned the whole thing, figuring that many would likely think that the whole thing was pretty stupid and pointless. However, I decided to proceed, in the hopes that most readers would at least get a minor chuckle or two out of it.

In case no one picked up on my "subtle" hints, the title of the game is an anagram of "April Fools", and if you read down the first letters of the categories of the 10 questions, it also spells out April Fools.

I now throw out a challenge for someone on the jboard to top this effort next year on April 1. It really shouldn't be that hard. Also, I hereby relinquish the title of TD 147, so anyone is free to come up with a real game as soon as possible.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

jeff6286 wrote:
I now throw out a challenge for someone on the jboard to top this effort next year on April 1. It really shouldn't be that hard. Also, I hereby relinquish the title of TD 147, so anyone is free to come up with a real game as soon as possible.
Thank you, Jeff. As it was and is my intent to post a TD later today, I can tell you that it gave me quite a shock when I first saw this thread. It wasn't until I read through the questions (and the lack of rules) that I reflected on the date of posting. It took me even longer to get the anagram. So, you'd hooked at least one fish (glub).
econgator
Let's Go Mets!

Post by econgator »

jeff6286 wrote: In case no one picked up on my "subtle" hints, the title of the game is an anagram of "April Fools", and if you read down the first letters of the categories of the 10 questions, it also spells out April Fools.
I noticed the former, but not the latter. Nice!
bpmod
Rank

Post by bpmod »

Because I don't win too many contests around here, let me brag a bit and say that I was the first to PM Jeff with my "answers". It was actually a "Happy April Fools Day" greeting. But before that, I had made two posts containing spoilers that Jeff (politely) asked me to remove so as not to spoil the fun for everybody else. Now that it's all been said and done, I will try to re-create those posts as well as I remember them:
Are these trick questions?

Oops, I just realized what date it is.
A Roof Spill?
A Proof Sill?
A Prill Soof?
A Prill Foos?
A Pril Fools?
April Fools!
And I was going to comment on the Floor Pails post too. Very clever.

Brian