Will you watch the Mike Richards episodes?

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Will you watch the week of September 13?

Poll ended at Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:51 pm

Of course. It’s Jeopardy!
88%
Will try to see if I can stand him
11%
Not a chance
1%
Only if they edit in a different host
No votes

Total votes: 95

squarekara
J! Reactionary

Re: Will you watch the Mike Richards episodes?

Post by squarekara »

Mario500 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 am (suggests an additional option to this poll ("Yes"))
The phrase "of course" is usually understood to indicate assent or affirmative response.
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

squarekara wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:12 am
Mario500 wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 9:43 am (suggests an additional option to this poll ("Yes"))
The phrase "of course" is usually understood to indicate assent or affirmative response.
Sure, but the adjoining statement "It's Jeopardy!" provides a reason for the affirmative response. As though one intends to watch Jeopardy! nonirregardless of the host. That's not my reasoning, so I had to think about whether it made more sense for me to check the box or leave it blank. The other answer choices were even less representative of my stance, though I did give almost half a minute of thought to checking "Will try to see if I can stand him". But I knew that wasn't really correct either since I fully expect to be able to "stand" him, especially knowing that it's only for a week. I got through two weeks of Dr. Oz and another of Robin Roberts (sorry, Robin fans; not sorry, Oz fans; sorry LeVar non-fans). One more week of Mike Richards won't be an issue.

If there had been an additional box for "None of the above", I would have checked that in preference to any of the available answers. If there had been a "Yes", I would have checked that in preference to "Of course. It's Jeopardy!". If there had been a "Sure. It's only one week. I think I can get through that and I want to see how Matt Ammodio does", I'd have snapped that up.

But given the options available, I decided that the first option was the least deceptive, just barely edging out the option where I didn't choose an answer.

tl;dr Opus is an incredible nitpicker about poll questions and will parse every lexical, grammatical, and syntactical nuance to absolute death.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

opusthepenguin wrote: Mon Jan 19, 1970 4:03 pm
tl;dr Opus is an incredible nitpicker about poll questions and will parse every lexical, grammatical, and syntactical nuance to absolute death.
https://www.gallup.com/careers/
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

alietr wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:35 am
In retrospect, this would've been a great fit.
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

opusthepenguin wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:30 am If there had been a "Sure. It's only one week. I think I can get through that and I want to see how Matt Ammodio does", I'd have snapped that up.
I very much support Matt A's return, and I'm all in for the Schadenfreude, but is it too late to request "My inclination to view these episodes will be affected by the subject matter and/or guest cast of the Wagon Train or Little House on the Prairie reruns scheduled opposite J! in my market"? The other day a news bulletin broke into J!, and I got so caught up in a WT episode chock full of the John Ford repertory guys, I never went back.
Volante
Harbinger of the Doomed Lemur

Post by Volante »

opusthepenguin wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:51 am
I'll take any reason to link Yes, Minister...

The best thing that Neil Armstrong ever did, was to let us all imagine we were him.
Latest movies (1-10): I Kill Giants (8), Atomic Blonde (8), Morocco (6), The King's Choice (7)
opusthepenguin

Post by opusthepenguin »

Volante wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 1:01 pm
opusthepenguin wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:51 am
I'll take any reason to link Yes, Minister...
Spoiler
:lol: Perfect! I wonder how much work it took to get those lines to roll so effortlessly off the tongue.
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Mike-show players weren't sent their with-Mike pic.
triviawayne
Hoping I don’t drown in this contestant pool

Post by triviawayne »

Robert K S wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:39 pm Mike-show players weren't sent their with-Mike pic.
maybe they could photoshop in a different host...
Total game show career losings = $171,522
squarekara
J! Reactionary

Post by squarekara »

triviawayne wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 4:18 pm
Robert K S wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 3:39 pm Mike-show players weren't sent their with-Mike pic.
Spoiler
maybe they could photoshop in a different host...
This calls for a speech bubble caption contest.