Season 38 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, econgator, dhkendall, trainman

MarkBarrett
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: Season 38 Preemptions

Post by MarkBarrett »

For the early bird P+ viewers it's the parade on Thursday and college football on Friday. If anyone knows of any CBS affiliates sneaking in an early airing of J! then please share.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

Preempted in Kansas City on Thursday and Friday with no makeup time announced yet. Also Matt Amodio's wins #37 and #38 preempted on Daytime J!
opusthepenguin
The Best Darn Penguin on the Whole JBoard

Post by opusthepenguin »

cosmos wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 5:45 pm Preempted in Kansas City on Thursday and Friday with no makeup time announced yet. Also Matt Amodio's wins #37 and #38 preempted on Daytime J!
Grrrrr. Why did FOX have to take over? Things were so much better when our NBC affiliate had the Jeopardy! contract. They reran the previous night's show at 4:30 the following morning. Or maybe it was 5 or 5:30. Don't recall. Preemptions caused a 14-hour inconvenience at most, except for the occasional extreme weather conditions.
gameshowfandanny

Post by gameshowfandanny »

ABC's NHL game ran past 3:30 PM Eastern. As a result, their college football game didn't start until 3:50 PM Eastern. For stations that air Jeopardy! at 7:00 PM Eastern, Jeopardy! likely will not start on time, if any of Jeopardy! airs. As of the time I am posting this, the college football game is currently on the second quarter.
Edit 7:01 PM Eastern: ABC's college football game is still going. Would not be surprised if 7:00 PM Eastern ABC airings get preempted in full.
Edit 7:16 PM Eastern: WABC joined Jeopardy! in progress at 7:15 PM while Ken was reading the first clue of the Double Jeopardy! round.
Last edited by gameshowfandanny on Fri Nov 26, 2021 7:16 pm, edited 4 times in total.
cosmos

Post by cosmos »

I preempted the preemption by watching early on YouTube.
gameshowfandanny

While Ken was reading clue 23 of Double Jeopardy!, WABC started airing the episode from the beginning. When Johnny Gilbert was introducing Ken, WABC cut into Ken revealing the correct response to clue 26 of Double Jeopardy!
Edit: While Ken was reading the Final Jeopardy! clue, WABC re-aired the GEICO plug and then restarted Final Jeopardy!
Edit: Actually, during the credits, WABC cut into commercial.
bkellysky
Valued Contributor

Post by bkellysky »

Thanks for the youtube reminder.
Just had roku installed on the TV. Searched "Jeopardy" on youTube and found tonight's episode.
I see WABC-TV 7 in NYC started showing Jeopardy! about 15 minutes into the show.
bob
tddeveryday
DIY Problem Solver

Post by tddeveryday »

Question for Danny: Do you know what percentage or how many stations got pre-empted this Thanksgiving? When I looked into this for Christmas last year, I recall the number being surprisingly low, possibly less than 5% of all stations.
FJ get-rate for S36: 60/190 (31.6%)
FJ get-rate for S37: 82/230 (35.7%)
FJ get-rate for S38: 29/55 (52.7%)

Number of weeks where I solved 4/5 FJs this season: 3
Number of weeks where I solved 5/5 FJs since S35: Still working on that...
gameshowfandanny

tddeveryday wrote: Fri Nov 26, 2021 10:24 pm Question for Danny: Do you know what percentage or how many stations got pre-empted this Thanksgiving? When I looked into this for Christmas last year, I recall the number being surprisingly low, possibly less than 5% of all stations.
Sorry, I have no idea. I don't have the time nor energy to research every station's schedule to see if they are preempting Jeopardy! I just post preemptions that I find out about.