Season 38 Preemptions

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

gameshowfandanny
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Season 38 Preemptions

Post by gameshowfandanny »

Week of September 13:
KABC: 9/13's show will air at 10:30 PM due to Monday Night Football.
KGO: 9/13's show will air at 10:30 PM due to Monday Night Football.
WBZ: 9/17's show will air at 2:37 AM due to Patriots All Access.
KOMO: 9/13's show will air at 9:30 PM due to Monday Night Football.
KXTV: 9/13's show will air at 9:00 PM due to Monday Night Football.
KATU: 9/13's show will air at 10:00 PM due to Monday Night Football.
AntmanB

Re: Season 38 Preemptions

Post by AntmanB »

good chance J! tomorrow is preempted for me due to the Hurricane.
AntmanB

Post by AntmanB »

Update - J ran as scheduled on KTRK Houston.
gameshowfandanny

WABC and WPVI will be preempting the September 28 episode due to a New Jersey gubernatorial debate. WABC is airing Jeopardy! at 3:05 AM and WPVI at 2:36 AM.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

KABC in Los Angeles is running J! at 1:07 am tonight because of Monday Night Football.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

KSBW-TV NBC Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz is pre-empting tonight's episode due to the Project Community special called Honoring Hispanic Heritage. It will not air at all.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

kablamfan11 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:31 pm KSBW-TV NBC Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz is pre-empting tonight's episode due to the Project Community special called Honoring Hispanic Heritage. It will not air at all.
Cue Twilight Zone music. I was just talking with a client about that station and who used to own it long ago.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

alietr wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:50 pm
kablamfan11 wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 5:31 pm KSBW-TV NBC Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz is pre-empting tonight's episode due to the Project Community special called Honoring Hispanic Heritage. It will not air at all.
Cue Twilight Zone music. I was just talking with a client about that station and who used to own it long ago.
I agree
clprez

Post by clprez »

Last friday, I went to watch Jeopardy! on WWMT in Kalamazoo, and instead they showed an infomercial. The infomercial was actually on the TV guide with Jeopardy! listed at 1:35am.Wheel of Fortune was on at it's regular time.

I can't believe they make more money with an informercial, and my email to them that I am sure there are other diehard fans that are upset with them besides me. I also can't believe they preempted it when Matt is in the middle of a historic run. I never got a reply to my email.

Then on Saturday they did the same thing, but fortunately it was a rerun. Still, it lets me know where Jeopardy! sits.

Fortunately I was able to find a video online and was able to watch it during the time we normally watch. It was actually quicker to watch it because there were no commercials.
Bamaman
Also Receiving Votes

Post by Bamaman »

clprez wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:51 pm Last friday, I went to watch Jeopardy! on WWMT in Kalamazoo, and instead they showed an infomercial. The infomercial was actually on the TV guide with Jeopardy! listed at 1:35am.Wheel of Fortune was on at it's regular time.

I can't believe they make more money with an informercial, and my email to them that I am sure there are other diehard fans that are upset with them besides me. I also can't believe they preempted it when Matt is in the middle of a historic run. I never got a reply to my email.

Then on Saturday they did the same thing, but fortunately it was a rerun. Still, it lets me know where Jeopardy! sits.

Fortunately I was able to find a video online and was able to watch it during the time we normally watch. It was actually quicker to watch it because there were no commercials.
That is odd. I understand they have no control over an NFL game and the Patriots show certainly draws big ratings in Boston. And a political debate or a Hispanic heritage special falls under “community service” that stations strive for.

But accepting an infomercial to bump Jeopardy!?
davey

Post by davey »

Bamaman wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 11:37 pm
clprez wrote: Thu Oct 07, 2021 10:51 pm Last friday, I went to watch Jeopardy! on WWMT in Kalamazoo, and instead they showed an infomercial. The infomercial was actually on the TV guide with Jeopardy! listed at 1:35am.Wheel of Fortune was on at it's regular time.

That is odd. I understand they have no control over an NFL game and the Patriots show certainly draws big ratings in Boston. And a political debate or a Hispanic heritage special falls under “community service” that stations strive for.

But accepting an infomercial to bump Jeopardy!?
Maybe because the station did make more money from that infomercial than from airing J!? A safe guess, I think.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

Who was it? Wikipedia refers to KSBW's original owners buying Channel 6 in San Luis Obispo in 1957, but doesn't say who those original owners were.
kablamfan11

Post by kablamfan11 »

Correction: Jeopardy! will air on KSBW-TV NBC Salinas/Monterey/Santa Cruz at 3AM in place of Access Hollywood, so viewers will have to set the DVR's for the episode.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

trainman wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 12:21 am
Who was it? Wikipedia refers to KSBW's original owners buying Channel 6 in San Luis Obispo in 1957, but doesn't say who those original owners were.
Gillett. They owned it for a while starting in the mid-80s. We did a lot of work for them back then before they tanked.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

alietr wrote: Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:41 am Gillett. They owned it for a while starting in the mid-80s. We did a lot of work for them back then before they tanked.
Ah, yes, also the one-time owner of a station in my hometown (which has never carried J!).
gameshowfandanny

Yesterday, WBTW accidentally re-aired the October 8 episode (Matt [Day 38]/Claire/Max), rather than the correct episode (Matt [Day 39]/Jessica/Jonathan. They will be airing yesterday's episode tonight and tonight's episode (Jonathan [Day 2]/Brittany/Robinson) at 1:37 AM.
gameshowfandanny

The October 26 episode will be preempted on WABC for another New York City mayoral debate (they also preempted Jeopardy! for a New York City mayoral debate back on June 2). Listings show Wednesday-Friday's episodes to air on their proper days, however, there is also a listing for Saturday, October 30, at 3:05 AM, with no episode info. It is possible that WABC will be airing Tuesday-Thursday's shows from Wednesday-Friday and Friday's show at 3:05 AM on Saturday, October 30.

EDIT 10/25: WABC now lists that Tuesday's Jeopardy! will air at 3:05 AM on Wednesday morning.
MarkBarrett

Post by MarkBarrett »

MNF is Rams vs. 49ers on 11/15, so viewers in KGO and KABC land will not see the game shows at 7 & 7:30.

KGO has them listed at 3-4 in the morning of the 16th as DWTS & The Good Doctor have priority slots in prime time after the football game.
trainman
Moderator Extraordinaire

Post by trainman »

MarkBarrett wrote: Sat Nov 13, 2021 2:31 pm KGO has them listed at 3-4 in the morning of the 16th as DWTS & The Good Doctor have priority slots in prime time after the football game.
J! at 2:06 A.M. and WoF at 2:36 A.M. on KABC.
gameshowfandanny

This Thursday is Thanksgiving, so Jeopardy! will probably be preempted on some stations for football. This Friday, as with every Black Friday, ABC is airing college football during the afternoon. This year, ABC is only airing one college football game on Black Friday, because they are airing an NHL game at 1:00 PM Eastern. Then, at 3:00 PM, ABC will air College Football Scoreboard and a college football game at 3:30 PM. College Football Scoreboard is listed from 6:30-7:00 PM, so any 7:00 PM Eastern airings of Jeopardy! on ABC affiliates are at risk of being preempted or joined in progress.