FJs for the 10/4/21 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 10/4/21 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:50 pm

10 years before a more famous work, he wrote in 1503 that the way to deal with rebels is to placate them or eliminate them
84%
This phrase relating nutrition & health was popularized by fruit scientist J.T. Stinson at the 1904 St. Louis World's Fair
69%
Following Messidor, this summer month in the 18th century French Revolutionary calendar had a name meaning "heat gift"
55%
The official Olympic website says this event "has its roots in survival skills" practiced in the snowy forests of Scandinavia
88%
British zoologist George Shaw looked for stitches when he first saw this mammal in 1799, thinking he was being tricked
75%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
31%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
RIVERS OF ASIA $2000: Long considered sacred, the Godavari River flows 910 miles west to east across India into this bay
82%
THE AMERIC-ANNS $2000: The University of Hawaii's Ann Dunham Soetoro Endowment honors a noted anthropologist, this man's mother
40%
ACTOR-MOGULS $1000: Said about this studio founded by Charlie Chaplin, Mary Pickford & others: "Lunatics have taken charge of the asylum"
58%
Martin Luther was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
5%
You are what you eat was my incorrect guess for the Tuesday FJ! clue.
19%
Prior to the Wednesday FJ! I have no recollection of knowing Thermidor was a French Revolutionary calendar summer month.
41%
August was my incorrect guess for the Wednesday clue.
8%
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT $1000: He tinkers with history at the Ministry of Truth, gets a girlfriend & has a very bad year - I was correct with Winston Smith.
65%
CHARACTER DEVELOPMENT $1000: He tinkers with history at the Ministry of Truth, gets a girlfriend & has a very bad year - I negged with a J.K. Rowling character.
7%
SCENE HERE $2000: In "Animal House" this college official has unfortunate midterm grade news: "Mr. Blutarsky... zero point zero" - My response was Dean Wormer.
43%
SCENE HERE $2000: In "Animal House" this college official has unfortunate midterm grade news: "Mr. Blutarsky... zero point zero" - My response was Dean.
19%
I spelled or would have spelled biathlon as biathalon.
5%
Kangaroo was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
16%
I have seen a live platypus in person.
9%

Total votes: 88

Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Re: FJs for the 10/4/21 week

Post by Robert K S »

alietr wrote: Sun Oct 10, 2021 5:49 pm Doesn't look all that small to me
The perspective of that photo may make it look big, but you can hold out your own hands in front of you to test. Bigger than a rat or a squirrel, but smaller than a large cat, a skunk, an otter, or a beaver.
Bartleby
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Post by Bartleby »

:mrgreen: :( :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen:

"You are what you eat" on Tuesday.
August on Wednesday.

Responded Dean Wormer.
I would prefer not to.
John Boy

Post by John Boy »

:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I've never understood why so many people say "ath-a-lete" instead of "athlete."

Or for that matter, why so many realtors can't say the word "realtor" correctly ("real-a-tor?" really?)

As of this game, 14 correct FJs in a row. Easily my record. And only a couple of lucky guesses in the bunch.
AFRET CMS
JBOARDIE OF THE MONTH!

Post by AFRET CMS »

John Boy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 pm Or for that matter, why so many realtors can't say the word "realtor" correctly ("real-a-tor?" really?)
Some only pronounce it that way when selling homes to nukular families.
I'm not the defending Jeopardy! champion. But I have played one on TV.
seaborgium
Undefeated in Reruns

Post by seaborgium »

John Boy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 pm I've never understood why so many people say "ath-a-lete" instead of "athlete."
Because "thl" is an awkward consonant cluster for some people to get their mouths around.
Peter the accountant

Post by Peter the accountant »

John Boy wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 12:54 pm Or for that matter, why so many realtors can't say the word "realtor" correctly ("real-a-tor?" really?)
I always pronounce it re-litter. Since that's what they do. I pick up the litter they leave at my front door, and then they re-litter a few days later. :lol:
--Peter