FJs for the 10/18/21 week

This is where all of the games are discussed.

Moderators: alietr, trainman, econgator, dhkendall

Which FJ! clues did you solve correctly for the 10/18/21 week?

Poll ended at Sun Oct 23, 2022 7:49 pm

From 1824 to 1825 this hero toured all 24 states & an Indiana city was named for him
35%
He has studied Cordon Bleu cooking, but is known for his 1981 creation of a character with unconventional taste in cuisine
41%
The first "self-evident" truth in the Declaration of Independence was quoted & found not to apply to this plaintiff
88%
This country of 16,600 square miles has a possession that's more than 50 times as large
93%
Seeing a poster for a production of "Cyrano de Bergerac" in a seedy Paris hotel & ladies of the evening nearby inspired this hit
47%
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:  I checked all five above.
5%
:( :( :( :( :(  I missed all the FJ! clues.
No votes
"F" IN SCIENCE $2000: In the 1940s he developed an improved theory of quantum electrodynamics
25%
BOATS & SHIPS $1000: The 107-year-old steamboat Belle of Louisville offers lunch & dinner cruises as it paddles up & down this river
55%
YOU SAY YOU WANT A REVOLUTION $2000: Early in the Arab Spring, this country's Jasmine Revolution was named for the country's national flower
40%
Gary was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
16%
Wayne was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
19%
Jackson was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
7%
Johnny Appleseed was my incorrect guess for the Monday FJ! clue.
6%
I have set foot in Lafayette, Indiana and/or West Lafayette, Indiana.
22%
"F" IN SCIENCE $2000: In the 1940s he developed an improved theory of quantum electrodynamics - I negged with Fermi.
34%
For the Tuesday FJ! clue I knew it was the writer who created Hannibal Lecter, but I did not know/recall the author's name.
23%
I have read at least one book written by Thomas Harris.
18%
For the Wednesday FJ! clue I negged with Marbury or Madison or Plessy or Ferguson.
6%
I have set foot in Denmark.
10%
"Lady Marmalade" was my incorrect guess for the Friday FJ! clue.
24%
I have seen The Police perform in person.
6%

Total votes: 88

Foretopman
Watches Jeopardy! Way Too Much

Re: FJs for the 10/18/21 week

Post by Foretopman »

I fell for Fermi. I considered Feynman, but I thought the '40s was too early for his work on QED
Robert K S
Jeopardy! Champion

Post by Robert K S »

Polling at 27% currently, Monday's ask for the Indiana city named for a touring hero was the hardest FJ! clue of the week (and the only one I missed).
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

:mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
:( :( :(

I spent part of my childhood living in a small town half an hour's drive from Lafayette and went there regularly.

Negged with Fermi.
I would prefer not to.
alietr
Site Admin

Post by alietr »

Bartleby wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:57 pm :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I spent part of my childhood living in a small town half an hour's drive from Lafayette and went there regularly.

Negged with Fermi.
John Mellancamp? That you?
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

alietr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:22 pm
Bartleby wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 12:57 pm :mrgreen: :( :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Negged with Fermi.
Mr. Cougar grew up in Seymour, Indiana, a positive metropolis when compared to Monticello, Indiana. A neighbor, whose kids I played with, was Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin's high school music teacher though.
I would prefer not to.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Bartleby wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 am
alietr wrote: Mon Oct 25, 2021 1:22 pm

Negged with Fermi.
Mr. Cougar grew up in Seymour, Indiana, a positive metropolis when compared to Monticello, Indiana. A neighbor, whose kids I played with, was Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin's high school music teacher though.

When our son was young we would occasionally take him to Monticello to play golf at a 3-par course up there. That’s the only time we would actually stop there though we’ve driven through it countless times.
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

Woof wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:47 am
Bartleby wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 am Mr. Cougar grew up in Seymour, Indiana, a positive metropolis when compared to Monticello, Indiana. A neighbor, whose kids I played with, was Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin's high school music teacher though.

When our son was young we would occasionally take him to Monticello to play golf at a 3-par course up there. That’s the only time we would actually stop there though we’ve driven through it countless times.
It was very much a "drive through town" when I was living there, outside of Indiana Beach ("There's more than corn in Indiana..."). Was the par 3 at Hollow Acres? I lived up the road from the course and first learned to play there.
I would prefer not to.
Woof
Swimming in the Jeopardy! Pool

Post by Woof »

Bartleby wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 am
Bartleby wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 12:29 am Mr. Cougar grew up in Seymour, Indiana, a positive metropolis when compared to Monticello, Indiana. A neighbor, whose kids I played with, was Axl Rose and Izzy Stradlin's high school music teacher though.

It was very much a "drive through town" when I was living there, outside of Indiana Beach ("There's more than corn in Indiana..."). Was the par 3 at Hollow Acres? I lived up the road from the course and first learned to play there.
Yup, think so. It was right on 421 and had a driving range and mini golf, too.
Bartleby

Post by Bartleby »

Woof wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 2:58 pm
Bartleby wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 7:11 am

Yup, think so. It was right on 421 and had a driving range and mini golf, too.
That's it. Small world.
I would prefer not to.